11-27-13 09:43 PM
131 ... 456
tools
    So my friend's playbook arrived. I turned it on and plugged it in. I filled in new email address and time, but that's all. I hope it charges without completing the whole setup.
    Just complete the setup?
    11-19-13 01:24 PM
    Most important she will need wi-fi. Without that the PB is very limited. After all, email and surfing the internet is the main reason for a tablet.
    11-19-13 11:03 PM
    may not need PC all time but it is preferable to not buy playbook
    11-20-13 01:38 AM
    If she is going to use the usb port plug in charger don't forget to mark the top side with a dot of paint and tell her that that side should always be up. Better yet include a rapid travel charger and tell her to keep the other in the box.

There are many things you can do with a playbook offline including reading and writing material such as reports or memos or just notes to yourself. True you need an internet connection to download material from the web and to backup material to the cloud.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-20-13 10:23 AM
    If she is going to use the usb port plug in charger don't forget to mark the top side with a dot of paint and tell her that that side should always be up. Better yet include a rapid travel charger and tell her to keep the other in the box.

There are many things you can do with a playbook offline including reading and writing material such as reports or memos or just notes to yourself. True you need an internet connection to download material from the web and to backup material to the cloud.
    persons alwayz haz to do this to mees. Readings, writings when you nose I cant do them fings you house you? I doez writ noteses during the days but I haz to have my boys reeds them back to mees when I gets ome see? stop pickin on mees ouse!
    11-20-13 10:34 AM
    You do not need any other computer or fancy cell phone hotspot jazz to use the playbook. It's my only computer and works fine. I only learned how to use the Internet this spring (during the 1st phase of the Rob Ford scandal. Reading news about it online was my treat for doing all the frustrating learning.). Now I am riproaring, downloading apps, making paintings and watching animals on YouTube. There are lots of different modes of computer use. I only do very bland things with it, probably like your friend.

I have WIFI from Cogeco and yeah they send a tech, no "kit" to configure yourself. It's like getting cable installed. But warn your friend, it's really easy to stay up really late playing on the computer when you 1st get the Internet. I have homail and it works fine. But Google makes you get a Gmail account to go onto YouTube. It also tries to get you to make it into a kind of Facebook, which is like invading your own privacy. To be avoided. Also warn her about emails on the playbook being deleted after some unclear period of time, possibly 30 days. The will still be in her webmail account. Except ones you send. But you can write emails in hotmail by tapping "PC Site" at bottom of screen and get Word to write them in. And they stay in your hotmail.

I hope your friend likes the playbook. I find it extremely easy to use, way better than a desktop. The dashboards on those things are like from NASA! But I guess she's used to that from work. Tell her I suggested the free app Wet Paint, it's fun. In BlackBerry World. Best of luck!
    11-27-13 09:43 PM
131 ... 456