01-24-13 03:00 AM
83 1234
tools
    I have a 16G and bought 64G when price dropped. The 16 did not have enough memory for me so I was constantly adding/removing work docs and videos prior to traveling. Now I have a large number of work documents and videos on the 64 that I use on a regular basis without having to lug around my laptop. My wife has taken ownership of the 16 and put aside her kindle. She uses it to surf Web, games, Facebook, as well as take pictures and video of our daughter at high school events and cheerleading competitions.
    01-06-13 08:33 PM
    A 32gb for work, a 64gb for fun, and a 32gb.for my wife.
    01-06-13 10:01 PM
    A 32gb for me since launch. A few months later I got a 16gb for the wife - she mostly just plays games on it!
    01-06-13 10:08 PM
    I've had 1-64 since day one. I drove 2 1/2 hours away just to get it! Now, my husband has one also. We really need two more for the kids as well. In addition, my mother just purchased a 64, and my daughter's friends (2 of them) also have PBs now. Mine is used daily for the Web and sometimes for sound effects when playing educational games in my class at school. I have also used it many times at educational conferences when my colleagues iPads couldn't get a wi-fi connection. (I don't really know why our county's wi-fi keeps malfunctioning, but it does.) I sure love the bridge feature!
    01-06-13 10:11 PM
    i have two. 32gb and 64. i bought the 64gb one when i wanted some more space and found a deal for $300 at shopping channel (this was about 7 - 9 months ago) I got the 64GB PB, convertible case, dock, BB HDMI Cable and a $25 gift card for TSC. lol

I use the 32gb the most bc im planning on using the 64GB more when BB10 hits so im getting use out of the 32GB. Although when i went to ottawa i loaded a bunch of tv shows on the 64GB PB and used it for the 8 hr bus ride (there were outlets and wifi on the bus!)

the 64GB playbook is a way better deal for the money, but the 32 is a good size. you can store a lot, and most people wont need the 64 unless they just store videos on it. I have A LOT of music, but bc i have a 6gb data plan on my phone i uploaded most of my songs to winamp orb/remote and just stream my songs from there.
    01-06-13 11:24 PM
    I proudly bout one on day one and don't regret for a second spending $536. Can't put a price on the family memories this thing has captured. So, since I preach BlackBerry day and night...I've bought and sold quite a few off Ebay and Amazon . Nevatheless, I always keep an extra so when one is charging....nuttn stops. No downtime around here ^
    01-06-13 11:36 PM
    Is there no help for us LOL? I got a 16g which my husband now uses and when prices went down got a 64g for business and personal. FINALLY talked another county into getting a modern TV. I just picked one up and now will be able to teach all my classes with HDMI out. It is so easy and has changed the way I do presentations. And then (true confession) every time I hear of a great sale I admit to an unjustifiable urge to get another one just because I love it so much. I like the idea of leaving one tethered to the TV. I now have an HDMI cable in each of the materials boxes for my various classes, one to throw in my purse and one in the living room. Yup. My PB is always with me.
    OP did you ever suspect there were so many of us out there?
    01-06-13 11:40 PM
    I have 2 64 GB Models, the first was bought on Launch, and the second was when it went on "sale".

The first is my carry around with me at all times work/play Play book, a few movies for flights and waiting, and some music thrown on it for poo-poos and grins.

The second unit is parked on a chreging dock on top on my Receivers for my house entertinment. The only thing on it is/are my movies and EVERY CD we own in WMA Lossless. Bridged to a Blackberry Music Gateway.

This way, I can change my music/video source from anywhere in my home from my Torch 9850. Works gret until the young-uns grab MY Media Playbook for playing games while I'm gone, and then when I get home, I want to listen to some music in my garage, I fire up my sound system, grab my phone and hit play and then guess what, nothing happens. It took a couple of times for this to happen, then when this happens, I go right to my daughter's room and place it back where it belongs and all is right with the world again.........

c
    01-07-13 10:30 AM
    2 x 64GB Playbooks in the house. Plus an Asus Transformer, four laptops, two live smartphones and 4 more in the drawer.....

Oh dear. Not good.
    01-07-13 10:42 AM
    I had to get a second PB (32GB) when I was going away for 2 weeks in December and my wife said in no uncertain terms that she wouldn't be without "our" PB for that long. So off to Staples and got her one when they were $118. Since then with the great deals that have been out for accessories I've picked up 2 charging stands, 1 fast charger and last week the BB Keyboard and case at The Source.
    01-07-13 11:16 AM
    1st 32GB last Feb for $250
    2nd 64GB last month for $150

Have a bunch of Disney Movies for the Grand Kids to watch, and they filled the 32GB up fast - with all the other stuff I had on there. I sure hope that RIM puts a SD Card on the next version of the PlayBook. Apple might get away with not having one, but I don't think RIM can or should. If it is a work device, they should be able to disable it.
    01-07-13 11:52 AM
    1) 16G originally purchased full freight April '11.

Daily work machine. Travels everywhere. Used for bridge, email, BBM, Remote Desktop to work, SSH & telnet apps, Work travel logging & pics, Car Club meeting agendas & presentations (through HDMI to Epson projector), garage service manual reference for car fixing, Bluetooth music through my service truck's handsfree connection on looooong road trips and late night KOBO book reading on the road.

2) 64G purchased Sept 2012 for $ 299.00

Bought for controlling Marantz home receiver (through AVR Remote app) and my digitally retrofitted 1929 grand piano through bluetooth Blackberry Stereo Gateway: (bonus fact, this vid was shot with the 16G PB)

All the music loaded on this PlayBook is digitally encoded for the player piano, as well as special videos that have the digital data striped to the audio track... HDMI out to my projector screen in the next room and the audio sent via BT to the piano. Also has a speaker setup under the piano for live audio accompaniment tracks (the acoustic bass in the video).
    Can also stream digital piano music from the web through the PlayBook to the piano. General home audio & experimental unit.

Oh, also bought a 32G for my brother for X-mas... he has dropped his iPad in favor of the Playbook for travel once I showed him how to bridge his 9780 to it.

Cheers,
    Last edited by vorpalz; 01-07-13 at 03:14 PM.
    kdeckels likes this.
    01-07-13 01:31 PM
    Bought a 16GB 12 months ago, when the price dropped to 199.
    My wife now uses this, as I bought me a 64GB when the price dropped to 129 in September. It would have been rude to ignore such a bargain.
    01-07-13 02:52 PM
    2 - 32GB here, one for my better half and the other for myself. Mind you our children use them also.
    01-07-13 04:16 PM
    Started out with a 16 GB at launch, bought my brother a 16 GB a year ago for Christmas, then bought a 64 GB model for myself and handed my 16 GB one to my son for his birthday. I also bought my daughter a 32 GB model this past Christmas. So I have 3 PBs at home now (64, 32, 16), and there are 3 other PBs among my siblings and ex-sister-in-law. Christmas at my parents house had a lot of PBs! There was one odd-ball Polaroid Android tablet, but otherwise all PlayBooks. My kids love theirs, and I use mine every day.
    01-07-13 05:24 PM
    2 x 16GB in our household. My wife kept borrowing mine so I just went out and bought her one. We are considering getting a 3rd as a backup unit since I keep seeing them for $100 or less on the local kijiji.
    01-07-13 05:41 PM
    I have 11 now. Yup. Going to 13 soon. (Seem to win them a lot in app competitions)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 07:17 PM
    Well I couldn't resist... I really LOVE my PB, but when I saw another 64GB at €170 (less than half the price I bought my actual one), I had to get it...
    Why? First of all, the price. 64GB when all the other tablets have 8GB and cost a bit more... Second, because they will go very fast, might be the last time I'd be able to get one at this price... Third, I know how great a tablet it is, so I can't go wrong And last (I think), I LOVE the PB... Maybe I've said that before Oh, and I'm a bit of a geek too
    01-08-13 10:35 AM
    I got 2 64GB's... I got the first PB from the very beginning... and the other one is just recently (I couldn't resist the price - it is cheaper than China made tablets!!!)... I'm planning to give it to my brother... but now, I'm torn between two lovers, I mean two PB's... :-)
    01-08-13 10:50 AM
    Same for me, I don't think I will give one to... no, I can't even think about something like that!
    Also, what if something happened to any of them? What if one was broken? Or stolen?? It's hard to find a PB now, 16GBs and 32GBs are not available anymore, the 64GBs will not be sold for long... And I really don't want an Android or an Ipad tablet, no way!
    01-08-13 11:20 AM
    I have two 16Gb PlayBook's. The first I bought at 169 and the second from ebay for 30 two days ago as it was one that wouldn't charge or turn on. It arrived today and I had it taking a charge within minutes and booted up in half hour.
    01-08-13 02:00 PM
    I have two 16Gb PlayBook's. The first I bought at 169 and the second from ebay for 30 two days ago as it was one that wouldn't charge or turn on. It arrived today and I had it taking a charge within minutes and booted up in half hour.
    That's awesome. What was wrong with it in the end?
    01-08-13 02:02 PM
    That's awesome. What was wrong with it in the end?
    The battery level was so low it wouldn't take a charge. Showed a red light for 10 seconds then off. I stack charged it with my rapid travel charger for a minute until it started to show a slow pulsating yellow LED. I then put it in the rapid charging dock...20 minutes later it booted up on its own.

Since then I've emailed the previous owner the pics of his family that were on it then done a factory reset.

It seems quicker than my first PB btw. It was running 2.0 when it arrived but now on 2.1.0.1314
    01-08-13 02:22 PM
    Not me, but we are a two PB family. Bought mine over a year ago at $299. My wife liked it so much, I jumped on the $149 deal at Office Depot - both are 64's - just in case we get hoggish. Can't be beat in my eyes as far as price/performance.
    01-08-13 09:56 PM
    I have a personal 64GB that I carry with me wherever I go and 3 - 16GBs throughout the house (Video Chat works great as a psudeo-intercom =p)
    01-09-13 02:51 AM
83 1234