It was never 4G support for the existing models, it was a whole new model WITH 4G capability.

Gee man...
    I am aware..At what point did I say it was an upgrade for existing models?
    11-10-11 10:02 AM
    At this point in time, if you don't have a Blackberry, you are severly limited in what the PlayBook can do for you.

No 4g/3g
    No native email
    No native contacts
    No native calendar
    No Autocorrect

If you are looking for something to browse the web on the couch, then the PB is good without a Blackberry. If you need any of the above features, skip it.
    I stand by my initial comment. This list is simple and factual. OP, if you really want any of those features, do not buy the PlayBook.
    11-10-11 10:04 AM
    Problem with webmail and not native email - you have to be logged on to read and reply to the email. The webmail does not download the 20 messages that are new so that if you lose wifi, you can still read and reply. Native email would download those 20 messages to the local device. Now, at your leisure, and without wifi (on a plane) you can read those emails and compose replies that you can send when you reconnect. With web email, you look at one message at a time, reply, move to next. No wifi, no next message. At least, that's the way I understand it.
    Problem for some. Not so much others.

Business VS regular person that doesn't need or have to have constant email.

Don't know about you but I can wait to read forwards and reply to what are you doing Saturday when I have no connection which has been never so far.
    11-10-11 10:10 AM
    The guy thinks he might need to have a phone to make a tablet work. Don't you think he is a little uninformed?
    Sure and it does work without a phone just like a laptop or any other device that only has internet access over wifi.

None the less if you need a 3g or a 4g anything to make it work there are a lot of useless not working devices that sell a ton.

I'm not so sure the OP was thinking that at all but who knows.

Anyway I'm done with this. Those of you that think devices are worthless and can do nothing unless they have 3g or 4g radio in them can make it an issue all you want. As if there aren't enough real issues.
    11-10-11 10:23 AM
    Do you have to have a BB? No, but why wouldn't you? You'd be missing out on half the fun and utility! The bridge to the phone is awesome and only in it's infancy. Like free 3G browsing from your phone, native contact info on the phone instead of the tablet in case you lose the tablet ... no native PIM sync issues - (can you imagine having TWO contact lists to maintain - one on the phone and another on the tablet?)

I expect to see things like using playbook as a speakerphone, using the phone as a keyboard/trackpad remote for the playbook.. only the imagination is the limit.
    11-10-11 11:45 AM
    The PB has spell check.

It does not have auto suggest though that feature exists in docs to go.

The PB/BB combo is unbeatable. Peerless.

The BB is pretty renowned for having robust sending and receiving capability. In an area that rendered my friend's 3g ipad2 useless, I streamed a youtube vid via the bridge for him.
    11-10-11 01:05 PM
    The PB has spell check.

It does not have auto suggest though that feature exists in docs to go.

The BB is pretty renowned for having robust sending and receiving capability. In an area that rendered my friend's 3g ipad2 useless, I streamed a youtube vid via the bridge for him.
    OP doesn't have a Blackberry.

Everyone knows that the PlayBook has a spell check.
    11-10-11 03:06 PM
    Do you have to have a BB? No, but why wouldn't you? You'd be missing out on half the fun and utility! The bridge to the phone is awesome and only in it's infancy. Like free 3G browsing from your phone, native contact info on the phone instead of the tablet in case you lose the tablet ... no native PIM sync issues - (can you imagine having TWO contact lists to maintain - one on the phone and another on the tablet?)

I expect to see things like using playbook as a speakerphone, using the phone as a keyboard/trackpad remote for the playbook.. only the imagination is the limit.
    This is a comment I just don't like to see on Crackberry. The OP has a question, saying he has an HTC and he wants to know if he can get a Playbook to work. Your response is to get a Blackberry.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-10-11 03:08 PM
    Native apps > Bridge
    11-10-11 06:20 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Does it not have bbm?
    To start with the playbook is a wonderful tablet, and works great even without bb.
    same question would be, do i need an iphone if i want to buy an ipad.

no, you dont, but a pb and bb make a perfect couple with the bridge functionality

and if you want BBM. and you do. you need a bb phone.

pb 2.0 beta dev in action. Blackberry Playbook Running Qnx OS 2.0.0.3378 dev Beta | SKATEMANSWORLD

SKATEMANSWORLD | on a strict need to know basis…
    11-10-11 06:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD