Since I'm accustomed to carrying around a large DSLR with a 70-200 VR lens on it for hours, the PB certainly seems like a featherweight to me. *wink* Just give your arm a workout when you're not surfing on your PB. *evil grin*
    I knew all of those 16oz curls would pay off some day...
    10-29-12 04:03 PM
    When I opened the box for my first Playbook, the weight surprised me a bit, but what surprised me more, was the "solid" feel to it. It felt substantial. Definitely a well built device. Weight is not an issue at all for me.
    Solid means quality when it comes to PlayBook.
    DC506 likes this.
    10-29-12 04:32 PM
    It does feel heavy to me, but after that initial shock, I will admit, I like its heft. Reminds me of my old Bold. Not like the lightweights that came after it.
    10-29-12 04:34 PM
    LOL this thread appeared like in the spring !!?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-heavy-739480/

If it IS too heavy it is likely the higher humidity
    10-29-12 05:03 PM
    LOL this thread appeared like in the spring !!?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-heavy-739480/

If it IS too heavy it is likely the higher humidity
    feels too light imo. I bought a silicone skin, and man, its confy.. just the right weight, as a lil thickness, and I don't feel like I'm gonna break it if its dropped. it was $2.15 on ebay. best investment ever.
    10-29-12 05:16 PM
    Ebay has helium infused PlayBook sleeves for sale to help with the weight
    10-29-12 05:21 PM
    I don't think it's so much heavy as the squared off shape creates pressure points that feel don't feel right. I find the rounded body of something like an iPad much easier to hold.
    I find the iPad rounded body awkward. Much better with a case or something. I guess it depends on how an individual likes to hold the device. Design is usually for looks and for brand recognition anyway and not so much for comfort or practicality on many devices. Kind of how Apple put the iPad speaker in an awkward spot. I was usually annoyed with it when it kept getting muffled a bit by my hand or whatever I laid it down on. Sure it deters sound quality a bit but the front is so clean and shiny. That's all that matters for it to sell. As for the PlayBook, yeah a little heavier than some. Feels solid though, and I find no issues with gripping it.
    10-29-12 05:44 PM
    feels too light imo. I bought a silicone skin, and man, its confy.. just the right weight, as a lil thickness, and I don't feel like I'm gonna break it if its dropped. it was $2.15 on ebay. best investment ever.
    I've dropped my playbook sooo many times. I mean my night table is only 2 1/2 feet off the ground and my bed is about the same but, its dropped many times and hard on a hard floor with no protective case. Whatever though, still going.
    10-29-12 05:49 PM
    I've dropped my playbook sooo many times. I mean my night table is only 2 1/2 feet off the ground and my bed is about the same but, its dropped many times and hard on a hard floor with no protective case. Whatever though, still going.
    proof of a high quality item, lol.

remember the old nokia phones back before smartphones? those things fell apart more than rick perry at a political debate!! lmao
    10-29-12 06:09 PM
    proof of a high quality item, lol.

remember the old nokia phones back before smartphones? those things fell apart more than rick perry at a political debate!! lmao
    But the Nokia 3310 was indestructible. Even after a nuclear strike, it could continue to work.
    10-29-12 06:29 PM
    Its called a quality tablet. It feels perfect. I am sure if it was lighter, people would still complain calling it cheap! Come on and get a life and quit whining.
    ^^ This ......
    10-29-12 06:31 PM
    everything in the playbook is perfect, except the weight. when I manipulate it with one hand, I feel like I am holding a hunch of metal.
    It is almost 50g more than the galaxy tab 7".

what would be the ideal weight for you ?
    no, I have carpel tunnel syndrome and find playbook no problem at all to hold. Plus I have the Ballistic cover on it.
    10-29-12 07:16 PM
    everything in the playbook is perfect, except the weight. when I manipulate it with one hand, I feel like I am holding a hunch of metal.
    It is almost 50g more than the galaxy tab 7".

what would be the ideal weight for you ?
    Omg I know what you mean. Sometimes I almost pass out from exertion just carrying a dinner plate. I don't even know how I function.
    10-29-12 07:33 PM
    Omg I know what you mean. Sometimes I almost pass out from exertion just carrying a dinner plate. I don't even know how I function.
    They need to hurry up and lighten it before we end up like these poor slobs.

New, Lighter iPhone Hailed By Exhausted, Humpbacked iPhone 4 Users | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    crackberryjill likes this.
    10-29-12 08:02 PM
    I do find the PlayBook a bit heavy. Waited for the iPad Mini and ordered one for my mother, as the lighter weight would be more comfortable for her. She loves to read her iPod Touch in bed. Thought a bigger screen would be nice for her.
    10-29-12 08:54 PM
    If you use it as E Reader, yes it's a tad heavy by comparison. But think of the biceps you built after 6 months.
    10-30-12 08:39 AM
    Also E Readers are notorious for adding weight to tablets!!!! So beware
    10-30-12 08:56 AM
    I find the weight to be appropriate. And for me it adds to the sense of build quality.
    10-30-12 09:05 AM
    no I do not

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-30-12 09:56 AM
    The weight is just about right though it is heavier than other 7 inch tablets.. The grip you get while holding it is good. And it definitely looks and feels like a good quality machine and not a cheapo..
    10-30-12 11:34 AM
    Also E Readers are notorious for adding weight to tablets!!!! So beware
    Especially if you download a lot of books to it.
    10-30-12 03:09 PM
    after seeing the iPad-mini specs, it feels heavy now
    10-30-12 03:25 PM
    It's fine. As indicated above, it signifies quality. When I use mine in bed I rest it on my knees and feel no weight. I'll tell you one thing, it's is an awful lot lighter than propping up a big teddy bear - phew!

Must go, story time again.They have had their hot chocolate.

10-30-12 03:32 PM
    after seeing the iPad-mini specs, it feels heavy now

117 g difference... Now that's a good weight for my wrist. ^^
    10-30-12 03:33 PM
    My 1 year old doesn't complain its too heavy, that said he's only 1 and not exactly stringing sentences togeather yet lol.

I let an ipad 2 owning colleague use the playpad and she thought the playbook seemed waay heavier than ipad, when she was told ipad was a lot heavier she was surprised.

That said if you scale Playpad up to ipad size the Playpad would weigh more.
    10-30-12 04:10 PM
51 123