View Poll Results: Do you feel like a chump for paying full price for your PB?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

46 33.58%
  • No.

91 66.42%
07-16-12 11:30 AM
59 123
tools
    Everyone had a choice.

a) Build a time machine, travel into the future and buy cheap.

b) Wait for discounts.

c) Pay up to have the new tech early.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-12 02:15 PM
    If I had bought a PlayBook at full price only to see its prices slashed by 60% around 6 months later, yes I'd be upset. This wasn't just "early adopter" thing that people want to excuse it as..this was a firesale that does not happen as often as people here make it seem.

I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007 or so for a good chunk of money at the time. I paid more at the time to experience it earlier. I am not upset about people who have bought it at its reduced prices today because it has been out forever and its price drop after a lifecycle this long was normal. If I paid $500 for it originally and people were getting the same thing for $200 6 months later I'd be furious at MS too.

This isn't a Blackberry bias. This is being screwed over as a consumer. Rim had no choice but to slash its prices, but it did its loyal customers no favours after taking $300 more from them just months earlier on a product out for only 6 months.
    07-15-12 03:08 PM
    Nope. I bought my 64 GB for $700 and have used it all day everyday since April of 2011. If I felt like a "chump" I'd sell it and move on.
    You said that so well, I will just say DITTO. thanks.
    07-15-12 03:40 PM
    Unless you bought it as an investment or with plans to resell it, I don't see how it changes anything. It's just perception. If the PB was still priced at 499, how would that make your PB any different, compared to the xBox example above. What if keeping the price up had ended the entire line? Would you still feel better?

Getting more PBs into the field has only improved the PB experience...
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-12 03:42 PM
    I was walking around town today for a good 3 hours with my fly open ... so yeah ... i feel like a chump
    07-15-12 06:18 PM
    send me a couple free PB's that these dev's probably dont use anyways, so my price avg will drop.

I actually probably would if I still had an extra one. I gave 2 away and kept one for myself. In hindsight I probably should have just sold them, considering they eventually ended up on ebay and craigslist anyway lol.
    07-15-12 06:36 PM
    Nope, and I got mine on eBay. I'm not understanding the part about feeling like a chump. Some like to get new devices when they are released....while others obviously don't have a problem waiting. BTW, none of us knew you felt like a chump...until you told us.
    AggreX likes this.
    07-15-12 06:44 PM
    Nokia cut its prices for the Lumia today into half.
    just a couple of month it was placed on the U.S. market!

Nokia drops the price of the Lumia 900 - The Washington Post

that's probably the shortest time ever on making fools of early buyers...

Damian
    07-16-12 08:31 AM
    I paid $499 for the 16 GB one I got, a few weeks after it was released. I don't feel like a chump as I essential paid the early adopter's price for a piece of technology.
    That's close to how I feel, but yeah - felt like a chump when just a couple of weeks ago I picked up a 64GB version for $300, giving the 16GB machine (for which I paid full 'early-adopter' price) to my niece.
    07-16-12 11:30 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD