View Poll Results: Do you feel like a chump for paying full price for your PB?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

46 33.58%
  • No.

91 66.42%
    Early adopters of nearly any new technology understand that the price will decrease over time. The Playbook is nearly two years old and the results of this poll or thread is irrelevant. When Playbook 2 or BB10 phone comes out and I choose to be an early adopter again the initial price will be high again. Its a useful tablet, I got it early, used it and loved it and will do it again.

I have to admit it was an exciting time during the big OS upgrade(s) and felt good that Rim supported the OS and hopefully wil continue to do so. IMO other OS needed rooting or jailbreaking to get the same excitement
    Last edited by AggreX; 07-14-12 at 12:02 PM.
    Toodeurep and bungaboy like this.
    07-14-12 11:56 AM
    I paid $169 for a 16GBversion. I'm happy!
    07-14-12 12:25 PM
    Nope. Love my pb and use it every day. Amazing how many different ways the same question can be asked. Thought this poor old dead horse had already been beaten to death but I was wrong...
    07-14-12 12:47 PM
    Nope. Love my pb and use it every day. Amazing how many different ways the same question can be asked. Thought this poor old dead horse had already been beaten to death but I was wrong...
    That poor ol horse sure gets a beating too.
    AggreX likes this.
    07-14-12 12:49 PM
    That poor ol horse sure gets a beating too.
    The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be.
    kbz1960, Toodeurep and AggreX like this.
    07-14-12 01:20 PM
    I wonder how those who paid full price for the HP Touchpad felt when HP announced, just over a month and a half after its release in the US and just over a month after its release in Canada and Europe and only 4 days after its release in Autralia, that the Touchpad was being discontinued and slashed prices by $400 for the 16 GB model and $450 for the 32 GB model.
    07-14-12 02:30 PM
    I wonder how those who paid full price for the HP Touchpad felt when HP announced, just over a month and a half after its release in the US and just over a month after its release in Canada and Europe and only 4 days after its release in Autralia, that the Touchpad was being discontinued and slashed prices by $400 for the 16 GB model and $450 for the 32 GB model.
    Except HP offered a refund for those who bought full price.
    07-14-12 02:38 PM
    My $600 CRT television will only sell for about $50 bucks now. I guess that should make me feel like a chump too.
    bungaboy and anon(4018671) like this.
    07-14-12 02:57 PM
    Except HP offered a refund for those who bought full price.
    HP offered refunds to those who bought from HP on their website. I think people who purchased from other retailers may or may not have gotten refunds.
    07-14-12 03:08 PM
    My $600 CRT television will only sell for about $50 bucks now. I guess that should make me feel like a chump too.
    Did your CRT drop down 60% in price less than 6 months?
    07-14-12 06:18 PM
    Does that change the usability? Did you buy it to use or for its resale value?
    Chaddface, AggreX and bungaboy like this.
    07-14-12 06:20 PM
    You purchased what you wanted at the time and prices on electronics drop lower as they age. So don't feel bad its only money!
    AggreX and bungaboy like this.
    07-14-12 07:06 PM
    Yarr no need to feel like a chump. You bought it and now use it like a champ. Shove up those remorses.
    07-14-12 07:45 PM
    I'm dissapointed in the painfully slow progress of the platform since I did pay full price. It is much more useful now then when I bought it. At least we know we will be getting BB10 on them in the future. I think at the current prices they are a steal though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    07-14-12 07:58 PM
    I don't know, it could have though. The CRT was on its way out in 2005 when I got it so it MIGHT be possible. The thing is, I never looked back because I got what I needed.

I didn't vote on the poll because I bought mine in November (before Black Friday sales) but my company bought one at launch and it worked great for our National Sales Manager. So great that Playbooks are all that we use.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-12 08:08 PM
    Which tablet has the best HTML5 compliant browser? Playbook.
    Which tablet has awesome speakers and a great screen? Playbook.
    Which tablet has awesome multi-tasking? Playbook.
    Which tablet has saved me $50.00 per month ($1400.00) with Bridge vs. 3G tablet? Playbook.

If you feel like a chump then there is someone out there that will get you to pay 499.00 for a tablet with no cameras (iPad1), only to release one with cameras on iPad2. I would ask them if they feel like chumps after Steveso said "why would you put a camera on it? It would be like taking a picture with a clipboard" but it already had a camera slot.

I knew what I got when I got it and when it went on sale I got more for family and friends and we still love them.

LLLOOOVVVEEE MMMYYY Playbook!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-12 10:33 PM
    I purchased a 16 GB PlayBook last April for $500, and when the cameras stopped working in February I walked into a Best Buy and exchanged it for a 32 GB model (only one they had) -- and $260 Best Buy credit because of the price difference from when I had initially purchased it. I walked out of that Best Buy a very happy man that day
    07-14-12 11:42 PM
    HP offered refunds to those who bought from HP on their website. I think people who purchased from other retailers may or may not have gotten refunds.
    Ah the touchpad worth the �89 I paid for it but not a penny more, when I sold it, I think I got �140 even though it was used. I doubt I will be able to say the same about the nexus 7 coming my way..

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    07-15-12 03:03 AM
    The real chumps, or should I say fools, are the people who have been paying between $500 and $1,800 the last few days on eBay for the Google Nexus 7. Do a search under "Completed Auctions" for the Nexus 7 and you can see for yourself. I received my pre-ordered Nexus 7 Friday, and yes, it is well worth the retail price I paid of $249 for the 16GB version, but $1,800????
    07-15-12 04:11 AM
    The real chumps, or should I say fools, are the people who have been paying between $500 and $1,800 the last few days on eBay for the Google Nexus 7. Do a search under "Completed Auctions" for the Nexus 7 and you can see for yourself. I received my pre-ordered Nexus 7 Friday, and yes, it is well worth the retail price I paid of $249 for the 16GB version, but $1,800????
    Similar thing happened when the iPad, the iPad2 and the current generation iPad came out. Even after the iPad2 came out, there were folks overpaying for the original iPad on eBay because some sellers know that people don't fully read the titles and descriptions for the item. There are folks who buy these devices with no intention of using them and solely buy them to resell on eBay or Craigslist at a tidy profit (I admit I gave it some serious thought when the current generation iPad came out. I could have bought two of them and made enough money off of them to bankroll most of a Vegas trip...). I remember seeing someone selling an iPod box (as in the one the device comes in) and there were folks that bid on it and drove the price to around $200. Just helps to prove old P.T. Barnum right.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-12 09:42 AM
    While many of you purchased a Playbook when RIM lowered it down to $199 for the 16GB
    I was one of the many that paid $499.00 for the same thing they sell now for $199 or even less!

Sometimes I feel like a chump for doing so.

How about you?

Tim
    I would probably feel like a chump even if I had only paid $199.99 for a PlayBook. Just because I know how easy it was to get free PlayBooks. I know of "developers" that followed online tutorials step by step and copy pasted code and made themselves a free PlayBook in a matter of hours.

The app I wrote for my first free PlayBook was better than most, because I thought RIM was going to have some kind of standards for the offer. But in reality they traded a ton of PlayBooks for a lot of out right crap apps.

Then there was 2 conventions where free PlayBooks were handed out to people. Even the people like myself who went to the conventions for free. I received a free PlayBook from BBWC and Dev Con 2011. Three free PlayBooks in total. I honestly know more people that have gotten free PlayBooks than have bought a PlayBook at any price. So that should tell everyone something.
    07-15-12 10:58 AM
    I would probably feel like a chump even if I had only paid $199.99 for a PlayBook. Just because I know how easy it was to get free PlayBooks. I know of "developers" that followed online tutorials step by step and copy pasted code and made themselves a free PlayBook in a matter of hours.

The app I wrote for my first free PlayBook was better than most, because I thought RIM was going to have some kind of standards for the offer. But in reality they traded a ton of PlayBooks for a lot of out right crap apps.

Then there was 2 conventions where free PlayBooks were handed out to people. Even the people like myself who went to the conventions for free. I received a free PlayBook from BBWC and Dev Con 2011. Three free PlayBooks in total. I honestly know more people that have gotten free PlayBooks than have bought a PlayBook at any price. So that should tell everyone something.
    Tells me they are lacking in moral fibre.
    07-15-12 11:13 AM
    Tells me they are lacking in moral fibre.
    How so? RIM was responsible for the offers. RIM was the ones that let absolute junk in and RIM was the ones letting people get free PlayBooks for going to free conventions.

Just because some people are smart enough to take advantage of a companies offer doesn't mean they are lacking anything. Do you think people who use company offered coupons are also lacking in moral fiber? lol
    07-15-12 11:23 AM
    Nope. I love my PB. However I did get a 64GB at 199.00, so my average price would be $349 each. The 32GB price is now 249. So if I keep buying them, say 20 more at 249 each, my average price will be 265.oo each. So no I dont feel bad about that at all.

07-15-12 02:10 PM

send me a couple free PB's that these dev's probably dont use anyways, so my price avg will drop.

bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-12 02:12 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD