I use my PB for a trip and no longer need it. I went to sell it and a buyer asked me if it had ever been registered. The answer is yes, as I had downloaded apps from the App World, etc. The buyer seemed to think this was a problem, so I went on the BB App Word site, but didn't see anyway to de-register the device.

Is this really an issue? If so, how do I de-register it?

Thanks in advance.
    08-01-12 06:41 AM
    I think he may be worrying about the warranty, as some have been able to get warranty from when it was registered rather than purchased. The only thing you can do is a security wipe to get your BlackBerryID, personal info, and downloaded programs off of it.

If he is worrying about warranty, you can provide him with the original proof of purchase and RIM will honor the warranty starting from that date. In Canada, the warranty transfers with the device.
    Last edited by robsteve; 08-01-12 at 08:35 AM.
    08-01-12 08:23 AM
    You dont de-register it from app world your best bet would be to do a security wipe which you can find under options, then security, then security wipe. After you wipe it all of your information ( e-mail, calander, contacts, apps, & appworld account ) will be deleted. & the PlayBook will be like new, just like it was when you bought it. Then the person thats buying it can sign up for his/her own BlackBerry ID, app world, & add their own e-mail accounts, twitter, facebook, etc. If you dont want to do it that way you can just delete whatever accounts you have or sign out, & if the person wants all the apps you downloaded you should be able to change the BlackBerry ID password to whatever. That person wants but if you do that im not positive if you can change the email account you used when you first signed up. IMO I would do the security wipe. Its much safer for you because there will be no way for the buyer to access any of your info or accounts & then they can start fresh with a like new awesome device
    08-01-12 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD