With the exception of battery guru.

Do apps like this really work?
    06-07-13 07:29 PM
    Won't let me upload pic
    Attached Thumbnails Do battery apps really work?-img_00000018.jpg  
    06-07-13 07:30 PM
    Won't let me upload pic
    Do they really work? Well I would say yes and no. They may shut down things if you forget to do so and they will give you information. On the N7 I have Battery Doctor and it has settings in which it will shut down apps rather aggressively if it deems the battery use rate excessive. But Android operates differently in that many operations and processes are loaded automatically but generally they don't take up that much space or use that much energy. But on the BBPB I find Battery Guru more useful because you get more current info on battery usage. You can use Advanced App Manager to check on Android apps which may not have shut down and kill them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-07-13 10:10 PM
    Other than show you your battery status/history and offer general tips for saving your battery: no. All they can do is - for instance - tell you to switch off wifi if it is turned on. They cannot do it for you.

Note the careful wording of the app description in this case. On first glance it seems to do all kinds of magic, but on closer inspection the description can also be considered true for such general scenarios.

There are no mechanisms in the PlayBook or BB10 that allows 3rd party apps to "switch things off" as some of these apps seem to promise. Nor can they show you which other apps or processes are consuming battery - the system does not allow apps to request this information. One exception might be apps running inside the Android player, but to do that this app would have to be an Android app itself, by definition making it more battery & memory hungry.

See also this recent thread in one of the BB developer forums.
    06-07-13 10:22 PM
    Those apps are just placebo.
    06-07-13 10:26 PM
    Believe Battery Guru is the only native battery app for the Playbook. The others are Android ports and currently I guess versions for Android 2.3. Many threads and advice in Help, Playbook manuals etc on cutting down on battery discharge rate so will not attempt to rehash.
    06-08-13 01:29 AM
    I don't use it, but did try it. Not sure what it did. Only clicking a button then telling u that the battery is being optimized, and telling u to do that at least once a day.
    Sounds too much like magic. So I uninstall it.
    06-08-13 01:41 AM