Last night i did a back up before a security wipe, completed the wipe and updated back to 2.0.0.7971 offical OS.
    now i go to restore all my data and desk top manager thinks my PB is running the original OS 1.0 and wants me to update again. but it wont finish the update and comes up with an error message.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    03-01-12 11:44 PM
    Last night i did a back up before a security wipe, completed the wipe and updated back to 2.0.0.7971 offical OS.
    now i go to restore all my data and desk top manager thinks my PB is running the original OS 1.0 and wants me to update again. but it wont finish the update and comes up with an error message.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    I had this same issue and posted for answers without any success. I ended up re-loading the OS 2.0, which did not make me happy but was the only way to go. But I woudl update thru the Desk Mgr and not the PB itself, because I think that is what helped to reset the DM recognition.

If you want to read other comments on the original thread, here it is...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s1-0-a-704042/
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-02-12 01:42 AM
    Have you installed the 7.1 DM when it was temporarily released ?
    If yes, I'd suggest to uninstall it and reinstall the 6.1. I had similar wrong version detection issue with 7.1. I'll suggest also you make a manual safe copy of your backup directory before uninstalling, in case of ...
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-02-12 02:45 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys,
    I've wiped twice, still no go. Same as above. I looked I'm running DM 6.0.0.44 looks like maybe I need to upgrade to 6.1? I'll try.
    03-02-12 06:21 AM
    Yep I would go with newer dm that isn't 7. I uninstalled 7 last night and had to reboot the computer and plug in no my pb a couple 3 4 times before dm would find it so if it doesn't find it keep rebooting the computer and plugging, unplugging the pb. Seems I just kept trying til it finally said enter password.
    03-02-12 07:11 AM
    Yep I would go with newer dm that isn't 7. I uninstalled 7 last night and had to reboot the computer and plug in no my pb a couple 3 4 times before dm would find it so if it doesn't find it keep rebooting the computer and plugging, unplugging the pb. Seems I just kept trying til it finally said enter password.
    Ah, the precision which computers work after, what, 30 years of personal computing!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-12 09:49 AM
    Problems like this are why I don't backup my PB. Actually, I don't keep anything on my PB that needs backing up via DM. Music, videos, and apps can be restored from elsewhere (i.e., my PC and App World). What docs I have are just drafts that are also saved elsewhere. Whatever other setting changes I'd have to do from scratch (Bluetooth, wifi, etc.) are worth it in exchange for not having to deal with this mess.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-02-12 10:52 AM
    Problems like this are why I don't backup my PB. Actually, I don't keep anything on my PB that needs backing up via DM. Music, videos, and apps can be restored from elsewhere (i.e., my PC and App World). What docs I have are just drafts that are also saved elsewhere. Whatever other setting changes I'd have to do from scratch (Bluetooth, wifi, etc.) are worth it in exchange for not having to deal with this mess.
    You do have a good point and I agree. All the media on my pb is generally a copy of stuff on my computer (and my bbphone and my laptop and my older mp3 player - can we say redundancy). And I try copying any pictures or videos I take manually a few times a week. I've screenshot a number of the various settings' screens like my static wifi stuff, email settings, etc.

But I'd also say, BACKUP SHOULD WORK. There are folks who want it simple which means, that the pb and DM should do it and they should not have to manually sync this stuff up.
    03-02-12 11:14 AM
    I am experiencing the same issue - but an added piece of info, my backups that are dated April 30, 2012 and older WILL restore, but any backup from May 1, 2012 forward will NOT work.

I have tried this on 2 different PB's (32 GB & a 64 GB) running DM Version 6.1.0.36

Very frustrating!!

Also have noticed that the majority of the Android Apps in App World have to be uninstalled from my PB before I can run a successful backup as well - if any Android based apps are on the device the backup always fails.
    05-04-12 03:14 PM
    Strange...I have several android apps on my 16gb PB, both from app world and sideloaded. No problems with backup hanging up.
    05-04-12 05:55 PM
    Yep I sideload (Words With Friends) but doesn't seem to make any difference whether its sideload or not.

Happens on all 3 of my PB's. But I can deal with the Andriod app issues (not really a surprise with how poorly written most Android apps are).

But not being able to restore is a HUGE issue, I sure hope that they fix this soon.

05-07-12 07:50 AM
    Backed up settings and apps from OS2.1 beta and downgraded to 2.0.1.358 just now. After a clean install, it wont restore my apps and data and I keep getting this stupid message:

Now I have to install all my apps manually. God f*cking damit this is so frustrating!
    Last edited by luqman24; 08-14-12 at 02:26 AM.
    08-14-12 02:24 AM
    Backed up settings and apps from OS2.1 beta and downgraded to 2.0.1.358 just now. After a clean install, it wont restore my apps and data and I keep getting this stupid message:

Click to view quoted image

Now I have to install all my apps manually. God f*cking damit this is so frustrating!
    Yup. It certainly is.

And, to rain some more on your parade, if any Apps have changed price since you bought them you'll have to re-purchase them.
    08-14-12 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD