Am I the only one who dreads hooking my PB to the comp and DM? The iTunes sync was working before the last two software upgrades but now it adds songs to the PB, but does not update my playlists. I have to wipe all media from the device and then reload ALL of it to get my playlists updated.

As if that wasn't frustrating enough, the process with DM literally takes hours. Deleting the 23 pictures on the device takes roughly 35 minutes, deleting 3023 songs takes 3-4 hours. Then resyncing all of that content takes another few hours, so anytime I add 2-3 songs to the PB and want to update my playlists, the device is out of commission for an entire day.

DM takes 3-4 minutes to start and connect to the PB, it backs up successfully half the time...

...what gives...?
    07-07-11 11:19 PM
    Sorry to hear that, but actually I sync 22 Gb (and growing) of music thru Itunes at least once a week, and even when the process is awfully slow, I do update my playlists every time, and as I do with my BB I also backup the PB at the same time... It was very frustrating at first, but since the last update i have had no problem backing up... This sync time issue is a must to be address sometime soon...
    07-08-11 01:21 AM
    Last night I had to clear the entire thing off so this morning I synced it with iTunes. Every time I sync, the PB adds 3 playlists....so...I had to sync the thing 8 times to get all of my playlists on there.

Why is this software so shoddy?
    07-08-11 09:07 AM
    Does it sync movies through iTunes as well? I have a load of movies I've ripped and put in iTunes - can I get them on the PB? How about movies I purchased on iTunes? (sorry if this has already been asked and answered - the thread just seems ripe for the question)...
    07-08-11 10:43 AM
    Does it sync movies through iTunes as well? I have a load of movies I've ripped and put in iTunes - can I get them on the PB? How about movies I purchased on iTunes? (sorry if this has already been asked and answered - the thread just seems ripe for the question)...
    Ripped DRM free movies can be transfered over by drag and drop, but movies BOUGHT in itunes through the apple store CANNOT be transfered as apple has propitiatory rights and can only be used on Apple products such as the Ipad or iphone or ipod
    kirson likes this.
    07-08-11 10:51 AM
    Ripped DRM free movies can be transfered over by drag and drop, but movies BOUGHT in itunes through the apple store CANNOT be transfered as apple has propitiatory rights and can only be used on Apple products such as the Ipad or iphone or ipod
    Thanks. I guess that makes some sense. Presumably, since i bought the movie on iTunes, I own a license to the movie. Is there software around that would allow me to convert the movies I purchased on iTunes to a format that I could copy onto the PB?
    07-08-11 11:11 AM
    Thanks. I guess that makes some sense. Presumably, since i bought the movie on iTunes, I own a license to the movie. Is there software around that would allow me to convert the movies I purchased on iTunes to a format that I could copy onto the PB?
    I dont have any itunes products like movies or such, but I have heard the program Handbrake works, but I dont know personally if it takes the DRM off or not.
    07-08-11 11:14 AM
    I dont have any itunes products like movies or such, but I have heard the program Handbrake works, but I dont know personally if it takes the DRM off or not.
    Handbrake only works on unprotected DVD's. It does not remove any DRM.
    07-08-11 11:28 AM
    responding to the original playlist question what i do is that i have only 1 genre in my I-Tune library so when i add songs to the PlayBook all i do is choose those albums to the PlayList and it takes like 2 seconds to be added.....
    07-08-11 11:35 AM
    Update:

Now my PB has started adding different versions of playlists.

For example, I have Alternative, Alternative_2, Alternative_3, Ambient, Ambient_2, Ambient_3, etc. Every time I sync it, I get an entire new set of playlists so I have literally 50-60 playlists on my PB right now because I've synced it 3 times before I noticed.

The solution?

Clear off all music (takes approx 1 hr)

Reload all music (takes approx 2-3 hrs)

When reloading the music, if I check the box next to "All Music" at the top of the Music page in DM, then try to sync, it tells me that no files are chosen to be synced. So, I literally have to go through and check every artist and every playlist...which takes a good 20 minutes.

Am I the only one finding the media syncing to be nearly worthless with this thing? Getting really frustrated here...

Also, latest update won't back up either.
    08-26-11 11:11 AM
    Trying to do a SIMPLE SYNC (!)of recently purchases iTune songs using DM and keep it an error message.

WTF gives RIM s/w geniuses?
    10-05-11 07:24 AM
    Anyone ever replicate these problems? I have 3 playbooks and they all continue do the same thing.

This issue with music syncing is enough to make me want to throw the freaking thing out the window...
    01-15-12 01:25 PM
    Try the iTunes Sync app in App world. It syncs via Wifi and is faster than DM sync. I use it all the time now and only connect.to DM to do an occasional backup until I find a better way to do that.
    01-15-12 02:23 PM
    Try the iTunes Sync app in App world. It syncs via Wifi and is faster than DM sync. I use it all the time now and only connect.to DM to do an occasional backup until I find a better way to do that.
    Yes he's right! Bought this App & it works quick & easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 03:02 PM
    I have tried iTunes sync and it does not update or transfer playlists...just songs.

Blackberry really needs to fix this issue. You should be able to plug in, update, and be on the go in 5 minutes, not 4 hours.
    01-15-12 04:13 PM
    Hi, i have just downloaded Sync My I Tunes at blackberry playbook. It's working good. I suggest you to use this. It is new app at blackberry playbook for synching I tunes from your computer to Playbook.

For your help i am giving its link below.

Buy Sync My iTunes - Download Sync My iTunes - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Hmmmmmmm. It's ok to recommend an app even if you're the developer of the app. But if you're going to recommend an app you developed, at least identify yourself as the developer- don't pass yourself off as some disinterested third party. Now, why do I say you're the developer- you've posted a total of 18 times on Crackberry, and in these posts you recommended four different apps. These four apps all have the same publisher. Is that pure coincidence? I don't think so.

edit- nevermind- seems someone pulled the post I responded to.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 09-13-12 at 09:25 AM.
    09-13-12 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD