I have been reading about dlna on the playbook, but im not too sure how to get that going. once i have the server set up on my pc, do i need an app on the playbook to see the files? Or should it see them natively? Also, will this let me play mkv files on playbook? Dlna sounds awesome, but it is new to me. Thanks in advance!
    04-27-11 06:00 PM
    Don't think its available yet on the Playbook - but hopefully will be supported in a future release!
    04-27-11 06:01 PM
    it will be DLNA certified according to their CEO
    04-27-11 06:03 PM
    dlna used to be listed on blackberry.com as a feature of the device. It was also touted last fall when the playbook was announced. Now it is absent on the web site.

Another," later" promise
    04-27-11 06:21 PM
    Don't think its available yet on the Playbook - but hopefully will be supported in a future release!
    Ahh ok. I was starting to figure maybe it was still coming. Hopefully they roll that out soon.
    04-27-11 06:22 PM
    I have been reading about dlna on the playbook, but im not too sure how to get that going. once i have the server set up on my pc, do i need an app on the playbook to see the files? Or should it see them natively? Also, will this let me play mkv files on playbook? Dlna sounds awesome, but it is new to me. Thanks in advance!
    See here Digital Living Network Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Wi-Fi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But you also know that PB has the WiFi sharing right? Well, that's some kinda DLNA for sure..

Tried playing movies from my PB to my Laptop and it play fine.. not quite smooth though..
    06-23-11 03:52 AM
    Use Orb.com. Works great
    06-23-11 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD