07-15-13 05:25 AM
38 12
tools
    port is 53. its need to send and get the reverse pointer and the system has to receive it. there is no handshake in udp but still there is exchange of data on port 53. you can have dns over port 53 over tcp. but i have seen it used in rare conditions and in very secure lan and not wan! :-S
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 06:27 AM
    And here I thought CB's main language was English! It is obvious I left programming during the height of Cobol!!!
    07-13-13 09:20 AM
    And here I thought CB's main language was English! It is obvious I left programming during the height of Cobol!!!
    Helps in communicating ;-) You should learn the new one too. It will help improve the data transfer rate. ;-) Hehehe!
    thanks!
    -paul
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-13 09:28 AM
    UDP is blocked for applications not at the OS level for OS 2.1. Again, NDK might work, but not in AIR. And generally RIM has more relaxed rules for Android apps.

The gibberish above is unrelated as its OS side. RIM controls the OS, they can unblock whatever they want obviously.

Posted via CB from my LE
    kraschute likes this.
    07-13-13 12:02 PM
    UDP is blocked for applications not at the OS level for OS 2.1. Again, NDK might work, but not in AIR. And generally RIM has more relaxed rules for Android apps.

The gibberish above is unrelated as its OS side. RIM controls the OS, they can unblock whatever they want obviously.

Posted via CB from my LE
    my nmap either failed or lied to me carry on and when you are done with the bar, share it. :-) good luck with your adventure.
    udp and icmp both works perfectly. i dont have the nmap log. its over 45 MB in size. i dont know if you have seen such detailed nmap log which is 45 MB. but if you do it, i will learn a thing or two extra via your efforts. thanks anyway.
    there are many applications in unix world which depends on udp one of them is video chat. and if you use TCP for a video chat then forget it.
    best example to correct your misconception? the video and tv app. which uses udp since rstp and srstp or rstps relies heavily on streaming. if you love to argue? then be my guest i will back later. i got stuffs to do. see ya!
    and that gibberish above is IEEE standard and if they dont follow it their posix claim is invalidated. you love to argue, so please continue.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-14-13 03:30 AM
    I have only one request, to be able to use my PB as a DLNA server. I just want to load movies and music on my PB and have my WiFi enabled TV be able to see it on my wireless network and play the movies and music.
    Why?
    I'm not against the idea, just wondering why you would want to use a Playbook.
    Even a 64GB Playbook is a modest DLNA server.
    $140.00 will get you a 2 TB network capable hard drive with a built in DLNA server. I use a WD MyBook Live.
    07-14-13 10:41 AM
    Why?
    $140.00 will get you a 2 TB network capable hard drive with a built in DLNA server. I use a WD MyBook Live.
    Good point. Maybe just trying to use up spare PB's?

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-14-13 11:20 AM
    Why?
    The other computers in the house hold company confidential information and I have all sharing turned off on those machines. I agree 64Gb isn't huge but it isn't like I am watching movies 24x7. When I want to watch something not on the PB, I will just do a file transfer. I know there are better methods, just thought this was a simple use of an existing tool.
    07-14-13 02:33 PM
    The other computers in the house hold company confidential information and I have all sharing turned off on those machines. ...
    That's what is good about the WD MyBook Live drives. They are stand alone network devices. You don't need to leave a PC running to access the files on the drive.
    07-14-13 04:22 PM
    Can you sideload Skifta? It's a DLNA/UPnP client for iOS and Android and the Android version supports back to Android 2.2.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-13 04:25 PM
    There are a lot of use cases and all are vaid:

a) Some people just like to consume media from a NAS, so the KALEM Player already solves this need

b) Another case is using your Playbook as DLNA server (Not possible yet) to browse photos & videos from your Playbook at the TV without a cable connection

c) Would be the case where you use your Tablet as a remote control for DLNA Media renderes...The table has the perfect size for this and you could send your playlists to multi-room stereo systems or TVs (This is possible for BB10 already)

Thanks for the information about blocked UDP transmitting. This explains why all the side loaded Android UPNP/DLNA applications do not work! This is a pitty and I can't accept that BBRY leaves us with this situation. We could use Android apps for this if they would only allow it but this company is really theworst of the worst. Selling good hardware that is an OS in chains and letting it rot at the consumer...
    07-15-13 03:01 AM
    On a side note, does anyone know what Android media player can be sideloaded? I'm trying to view some AVI files on a SMB share which I can browse through ES File Explorer... MP4 files work with the default movie player and ES Movie Player, but the other files can't be read.

And no, don't tell me to put them on a DLNA server
    07-15-13 05:09 AM
    On a side note, does anyone know what Android media player can be sideloaded? I'm trying to view some AVI files on a SMB share which I can browse through ES File Explorer... MP4 files work with the default movie player and ES Movie Player, but the other files can't be read.

And no, don't tell me to put them on a DLNA server
    wish i could help. i am too neck deep soaked with bootrom. once it opened you need never ask/use blackberry OS abc.xyz i guess. unless you are a fan boy. i finished ultra zipping 190 pages into 7-8 paragraph. phew. whew. wish i could help you with this. but sorry, thanks but no thanks. bootrom is more important than a DLNA server.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-15-13 05:25 AM
38 12