The main reason for buying the PB was to use it as a DLNA server once BB10 was on it. Now that that seems to be dead, are there any workarounds to use it to wirelessly serve up media content for my home theater?
    07-12-13 12:39 AM
    Bridge it with a blackberry phone for a remote... then HDMI to your TV
    07-12-13 12:47 AM
    Mmm give it some time. A few of us have worked on them.

I started a DLNA server and client - but because the "group" maintaining all the DLNA documents are a bunch of greedy folks, I can't proceed without giving them thousands of dollars. So it sits half compiled on my PC.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-12-13 01:40 AM
    One of my main reasons was to use the 5 Playbooks we own as Remote DLNA controllers to play media

a) from the Playbook or
    b) from the NAS (DLNA server)

to my

a) TVs
    b) Multiroom stereo

BB10 can at least do that with media on the phone! And DLNA was announced already long ago and then promised to come later with BB10. They NEED to at least DLNA to the Playbooks! Still waiting for some reaction of this lame company!
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-12-13 02:24 AM
    Kalemsoft's video app has some form of dnla but since I don't have an need for it (yet), I don't know how it works.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-12-13 09:06 AM
    I keep hoping there is a non-Native android app that can leverage DLNA.

Hmm

Posted via CB from my LE
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-12-13 12:31 PM
    This is a fairly accurate post on the problems.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...o/td-p/1481791

In air I can only use TCP on BlackBerry. I need UDP access to do UPnP... I could build it using an ANE *but* I need documents from DLNA "nonnprofit" company that cost tons of cash to get.. hoping someone who has done it before steps up though.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-12-13 12:37 PM
    Kalemsoft's video app has some form of dnla but since I don't have an need for it (yet), I don't know how it works.
    Looks like they need a DLNA server from some other source in order to stream wirelessly.
    07-12-13 12:45 PM
    I keep hoping there is a non-Native android app that can leverage DLNA.

Hmm

Posted via CB from my LE
    idk if this will work, but it could be worth trying to sideload imediashare lite from gplay (lite is the free version) to test it. I use it on my android phone and tab to stream onto my smart tv via the wifi network, and it works well. Someone else would have to try the sideloading/converting process, I don't have the inclination or need.
    07-12-13 03:31 PM
    http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/minidlna
    http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/ushare
    Diantokam: OpenWRT - miniDLNA Server
    WR1043ND - knowhow
    as usual late in the party. i was fighting with some mustard seed.
    here you go. if you got openwrt? then here is how you can have your DLNA server!
    open source wins!
    questions? ask, but if i know i will answer. hope this helps people who doesnt wish to spend a heck-a-lot of moolah!
    yep your embedded router can do it for you.
    happy hacking!
    cheers from the openwrt community!
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. good luck and happy viewing, and dont screw your eyes up watching too much TV, keep the minimum distance for best viewing experience. :-) bye for now. busy fritzing now. google fritzing! ;-)
    07-12-13 04:13 PM
    p.s. i am making up a DLNA server for seawarrior. why because i am bored and i need to kill my time playing with toys else i will end up beating or punching someone in the forum. so i better keep myself busy :-D. pretty much big toys.
    if you boys/girls need helps in setting up you may take the config from seawarrior. :-D i will be configuring mips router for dlna :-D
    wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    bye bye
    have fun!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 04:21 PM
    I see the above but it isn't related to DLNA server from QNX. It's just source code which doesn't help much.

Unless you ported it and have a BAR

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-12-13 07:21 PM
    I see the above but it isn't related to DLNA server from QNX. It's just source code which doesn't help much.

Unless you ported it and have a BAR

Posted via CB from my LE
    you wanted it in playbook? or you wanted it in a router? make up your mind! if you want in a router those links should be sufficient. but if you want on playbook you need to give me sometime to port it to playbook.
    is it okay with you?
    besides i am also hacking the bootrom and other things. so i might chew up loads of time. can you be patient? it will be free and open source, no fee but freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, more than free beer, freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee food!
    is it a deal?
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 07:28 PM
    you wanted it in playbook? or you wanted it in a router? make up your mind! if you want in a router those links should be sufficient. but if you want on playbook you need to give me sometime to port it to playbook.
    is it okay with you?
    besides i am also hacking the bootrom and other things. so i might chew up loads of time. can you be patient? it will be free and open source, no fee but freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, more than free beer, freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee food!
    is it a deal?
    thanks!
    -paul
    We have plenty of time and if you were local, plenty of beer

Something to load on the PB is what my initial inquiry was about.
    07-12-13 07:47 PM
    We have plenty of time and if you were local, plenty of beer

Something to load on the PB is what my initial inquiry was about.
    feature request: what all features you want?
    make a list.... i will try to fullfill as many as i can. but i cant promise i will give you all the features. and like all GPL it comes with absolutely no warranty ;-)
    okay?
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 07:52 PM
    No one other than you mentioned adding it to a router.

No offense, but given your reading, writing and comprehension skills - I think it's fair to say we won't see a contribution from you to this topic

Let alone a BAR.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-12-13 08:37 PM
    No one other than you mentioned adding it to a router.

No offense, but given your reading, writing and comprehension skills - I think it's fair to say we won't see a contribution from you to this topic

Let alone a BAR.

Posted via CB from my LE
    okay fine. no issues. i can indulge myself doing something else. i have nothing to loose either. ;-) so no offense given none taken.
    enjoy! i will go do my work! tadaah!

Well, I got myself a new tripod stand and I don't have a camera.

So I asked my friend. “Can I have your camera I need to shoot and record something.” My friend replied with a blunt “NO.”

When I said I will not run away with your camera or steal it or sell it. He said I am least bothered about it.

Its your habit of going fidgety poking which frustrates me, because if I give it to you you will start to hack the camera and you may return me the camera in bits and pieces.

I got an almost similar reply here. :-D

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-devs-828158/

Following the suggestions which I got from cynycl, that I need to type slowly, type properly, edit and format text, yada yada, I am hearing these thing since school days. Blah!

Plus there are loads of developers who can help you. And there is someone who can help you best and thats you yourself. So nothing gained nothing lost, but time and effort saved which I can use for something else more constructive.

thanks!
    -paul
    Last edited by quackquack147; 07-12-13 at 09:34 PM.
    07-12-13 08:42 PM
    okay fine. no issues. i can indulge myself doing something else. i have nothing to loose either. ;-) so no offense given none taken.
    enjoy! i will go do my work! tadaah!

Well, I got myself a new tripod stand and I don't have a camera.

So I asked my friend. “Can I have your camera I need to shoot and record something.” My friend replied with a blunt “NO.”

When I said I will not run away with your camera or steal it or sell it. He said I am least bothered about it.

Its your habit of going fidgety poking which frustrates me, because if I give it to you you will start to hack the camera and you may return me the camera in bits and pieces.

I got an almost similar reply here. :-D

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-devs-828158/

Following the suggestions which I got from cynycl, that I need to type slowly, type properly, edit and format text, yada yada, I am hearing these thing since school days. Blah!

Plus there are loads of developers who can help you. And there is someone who can help you best and thats you yourself. So nothing gained nothing lost, but time and effort saved which I can use for something else more constructive.

thanks!
    -paul
    I have only one request, to be able to use my PB as a DLNA server. I just want to load movies and music on my PB and have my WiFi enabled TV be able to see it on my wireless network and play the movies and music.
    07-12-13 10:06 PM
    I have only one request, to be able to use my PB as a DLNA server. I just want to load movies and music on my PB and have my WiFi enabled TV be able to see it on my wireless network and play the movies and music.
    I wish I could, but dayum, I am enjoying ranting. Besides I don't know how to code, or probably I lost interest.

Let the competent folks do the mathematics. I am sure they will come with better solutions. 99% time I slow with bootrom and breaking and deciphering boards and logic and encryption and et a.

Lost interest. Sorry bro. Ask others!

This community is filled with too many developers. I am redundant here.

Sorry! Thanks but no thanks! I will get back to what do better. Punching the bootrom. Thanks anyway!

thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 11:19 PM
    Anyway, back on topic.

To use UPnP (client / server detection) we need to do multi casting and UDP streaming.

Think of UDP like a shout, instead of asking a specific individual if they are home you ask everyone at once and wait for a response.

Anyway, last I tested UDP packets are blocked in PB 2.1 OS - which means I can't do an effective DLNA myself. With that said, UDP packets were added by RIM in OS10 when they added their own DLNA server --- which is why I kind of quit following it. There are a few friendly folks here though who can do magic in NDK that might be able to succeed though.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-13-13 12:22 AM
    Yes, a DLNA server isn't available in OS2.1. You can get a DLNA client by using KalemSoft Media Player but you can only play back content from remote servers locally on the device or through HDMI output. You can't play back content from your PB to another client like a TV.

On real Android, you can use Skifta + MX Player or Dice Player... can't use these on the stupid Gingerbread runtime on the PlayBook.

Hang on, if UDP packets are blocked in OS2.1, then how come KalemSoft can query and discover DLNA servers on the network via UPnP? I've tried using the PlayBook with Plex and XBMC servers and it works fine.
    07-13-13 02:51 AM
    UDP transmit is blocked. Not receive.
    07-13-13 05:00 AM
    UDP transmit is blocked. Not receive.
    Quackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! WAQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ! O_o O_0 0_o 0_O ........... how does dns work in playbook then? w/o UDP? then dns over tcp? bad bad bad bad badddddddddddddddddddd idea if its so!
    DLNA on the PlayBook?-dns-query-noround-trip.gif
    DLNA on the PlayBook?-dns-query-round-trip.jpg
    care to explain?
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. my nmap xmas scan shows lots of stuffs! loadsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa stuffs! hmmmmm!
    07-13-13 05:49 AM
    UDP send is blocked on a port basis? Like maybe DNS is allowed but nothing else is.
    07-13-13 06:16 AM
    Quackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! WAQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ! O_o O_0 0_o 0_O ........... how does dns work in playbook then? w/o UDP? then dns over tcp? bad bad bad bad badddddddddddddddddddd idea if its so!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dns-query-noround-trip.gif 
Views:	325 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	182123
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dns-query-round-trip.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	182124
    care to explain?
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. my nmap xmas scan shows lots of stuffs! loadsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa stuffs! hmmmmm!
    The crazy dude has a point!!!!

Posted via my Z10 on busted AT&T
    07-13-13 06:17 AM
38 12