This may be common knowledge here but for me is a recent discovery.

I have been using the regular launch icons rather than bookmarks for a while now as I like to be able to re-order them easily. I also have a folder full of these bookmarks in my top bar so it's easy to get them.

What I didn't like was the zoomed-out picture added to the shortcut which is typically grainy and doesn't easily show what the link is for.

My discovery is that if you pinch to zoom in the browser and then pan around to the logo or branding, say, and then create the link on the homescreen, it takes the zoomed-in view rather than the grainy zoomed-out picture of the page.

This works better for some sites than others but on mine certainly gives better IMDB and Google icons for example.
    jamesharmeling and Angus_CB like this.
    07-05-12 04:11 AM
    The problem is that the icon refreshes itself each time you visit the site, so this is only a temporary "fix" (at least on 2.1 beta it is).
    edit- well this applies to icons in the browser app itself- probably not true for desktop shortcuts.
    07-05-12 05:00 AM
    Yeah. The icons remain intact even when you clear the cache restart etc. Well on my os which is .358
    07-05-12 05:42 AM
    This may be common knowledge here but for me is a recent discovery.

I have been using the regular launch icons rather than bookmarks for a while now as I like to be able to re-order them easily. I also have a folder full of these bookmarks in my top bar so it's easy to get them.

What I didn't like was the zoomed-out picture added to the shortcut which is typically grainy and doesn't easily show what the link is for.

My discovery is that if you pinch to zoom in the browser and then pan around to the logo or branding, say, and then create the link on the homescreen, it takes the zoomed-in view rather than the grainy zoomed-out picture of the page.

This works better for some sites than others but on mine certainly gives better IMDB and Google icons for example.
    You are a STUD!!
    07-05-12 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD