Using BlackBerry Link and being bridged with my Q10, I'm able to access my Dropbox, Box, and home PC on the go. Seems to work just like it would through the native BB10 file browser.

1 shot is using the PlayBook and the other is my Q10 of course. All the same folders are available and accessible!

Now Link is only needed to access the PC naturally, but that pretty awesome as I can open files from my PC directly on my PlayBook from anwhere over bridge. Flippin' cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Discovered something for PlayBook users with BB10-img_00000296.png   Discovered something for PlayBook users with BB10-img_00000505.png  
    01-06-14 08:08 PM
    Hey that's good to know. Thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:48 AM
    you're doing this using the native pb file manager??? is link open on the pc when you're doing this??? can you post a step-by-step??? i'm still on bbos, but it'd be good to know...
    01-07-14 09:47 AM
    No not the native file Manager but one that I bought for 99 cents about 2 years ago. I will shoot a video and post it today ASAP. Might take me till tomorrow though. Check back.
    I believe it was just "File Browser"

Posted from my CB10 via the power of "Q"
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-09-14 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Change date
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-07-14 09:56 AM
    I can't get my desktop computer files to show up on my Z10. I can see the desktop computer in the file manager on the Z10 but when I tap on it nothing happens, or files show up at all. I have set desktop and phone for file sharing, but can't get it to work remotely either over cellular or wifi. BlackBerry Link is running on desktop, it is the latest version, as is Z10 (10.2.0.424). Any ideas???
    01-08-14 06:17 AM
    Have you set the folders to be shared?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:18 PM
    I can't get my desktop computer files to show up on my Z10. I can see the desktop computer in the file manager on the Z10 but when I tap on it nothing happens, or files show up at all. I have set desktop and phone for file sharing, but can't get it to work remotely either over cellular or wifi. BlackBerry Link is running on desktop, it is the latest version, as is Z10 (10.2.0.424). Any ideas???
    your computer must be on and computer and your phone must use the same wifi (internet)!! It works for me! It takes a few secounds to settle, Link has not to be open... nor USB cable!
    I am using10.2.0.424 too!

Here a screenshot in german that indicates the required relationship:
    Attachment 237080

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-08-14 02:50 PM
    Yes folders are set for sharing, BlackBerry Link is on, phone and computer on same wifi, but from what I understand it should also work over cellular network???
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    01-08-14 08:30 PM
    Try deleting your PC in your phone settings under BlackBerry Link. Then plug in your phone to your pc again and run Link.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 09:27 PM
    Cheers, will try it now and let you know how it goes
    01-08-14 09:33 PM
    Network sharing is possible through setting up your computer folders to share in windows. Then you can access your computer IP address on the same wifi local network (usually 198.162.x.x) using login credentials.

I do this with my Blackberry, even iPhone, using apps for network sharing... Can move files back and forth easily without ever plugging in. I can even access and play my laptop files using my WDTVlive tv media player by accessing my shared laptop storage in my wifi. There are many stand-alone hard drives now that have sharing capability so you don't even need the computer on. The drive itself has wifi connectivity and sets itself up as a shared storage volume.

Also noticed blackberry link automatically syncs to the Z10 when I am on the same wifi network. Pretty neat!

R
    01-08-14 09:33 PM
    Phone will connect and sync with desktop over wifi no problems, tried deleting desktop in phones link settings and re-connecting, desktop shows up in phone file manager but still won't see any folders. This has been the case ever since having this phone. Not sure why
    01-08-14 10:00 PM
    you're doing this using the native pb file manager???
    You can browse these services from the native PB file manager as well once you have them setup on your phone. Just navigate to /BlackBerry/Device/home/user and there will be folders labelled Dropbox, Box, and whatever you named your computer just like in the pictures in the OP.

Although I could see a list of all of the files when I tried opening a couple of images they just showed up as being broken in the picture viewer. I'm not sure if it works any better from the other file manager.
    01-08-14 10:01 PM
    Phone will connect and sync with desktop over wifi no problems, tried deleting desktop in phones link settings and re-connecting, desktop shows up in phone file manager but still won't see any folders. This has been the case ever since having this phone. Not sure why
    Ok, try resetting your wifi router, and restarting your pc. If that doesn't work, try deleting the PC in phone settings, etc again. These have worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:47 PM
    Yes folders are set for sharing, BlackBerry Link is on, phone and computer on same wifi, but from what I understand it should also work over cellular network???
    Indeed it does work over the cellular network. I've tried it and although here is a little delay depending on what type of network technology you are using, it does indeed work.
    01-08-14 10:52 PM
    I never tried it... I use the feature since nearly a year now, but as I have a poor cellular network at home, I switch into wifi (even better for data transfer and does not influance my data plan). Before walking out, I turn off my computer. But, I'll give it a try next days and report back as soon as I did it... I'll try to connect to my computer being at kilometers away over cellular...
    I solved the need of my saved files by creating a folder on my Q10, in whicht I copied the documents folder of my computer and via Nero, I mirrored the content and kept synching in regular intervals...
    Works better for me than connecting via Link/WiFi... coz when out, the computer has not to be on, and it saves me data trasfer... I have the files I nead at hand!
    Cheers

01-08-14 11:44 PM
    an alternative suggestion.
    Port your phone number to an itsp that supports multiple registrations.
    Put a sip client on your phone and one on your playbook. Now you have a phone number that is independant of your carrier. Something that they really fear. The phone number rings both devices whether they are on wifi or cellular. You can get rid of your voice plan and just pay for data. You can also have multiple accounts on each device. Sip has advantages.

Oops wrong thread. Sorry.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 01-09-14 at 12:24 AM.
    01-08-14 11:49 PM
    an alternative suggestion.
    Port your phone number to an itsp that supports multiple registrations.
    Put a sip client on your phone and one on your playbook. Now you have a phone number that is independant of your carrier. Something that they really fear. The phone number rings both devices whether they are on wifi or cellular. You can get rid of your voice plan and just pay for data. You can also have multiple accounts on each device. Sip has advantages.
    Dude, you lost me! Haha, I like what you've achieved but it sounds way to advanced for me. I try and keep up to speed with technology but I'm afraid it's getting too complicated sometimes.
    Everything seems to be ok as far as settings go, and I can see my desktop computer in the phones file manager but it doesn't show up any files. I figured it must be a software glitch or maybe my Mcafee anti virus is blocking it. Will try a few things later and see what I can do. Thanks for everyone's advice!
    01-09-14 12:36 AM
    I'll give it a try! I just started my PC. Wi-Fi, on my Q10: PC found... Now I let the PC on and go to the grocery... I'll check it again... I'll report back!

01-09-14 11:08 AM
    Dunno where the error is, it does not show the computer offline, but I have no files/folder shown in the File manager... do I'll continue to use Box/Dropbox and synch my documents folder(s).
    Cheers

01-09-14 12:09 PM
    Dunno where the error is, it does not show the computer offline, but I have no files/folder shown in the File manager... do I'll continue to use Box/Dropbox and synch my documents folder(s).
    Cheers

You probably need to go into the main setting on the Q10, choose BlackBerry Link, then slide the seletor to on for usee mobile network.
    Discovered something for PlayBook users with BB10-img_00000526.png

Posted from my CB10 via the power of "Q"
    Attachment 237294
    01-09-14 12:20 PM
    Right... this is my setting...
    Discovered something for PlayBook users with BB10-img_00001828.png
    So now being back home, I'll give it a try another day... But now under WiFi, I have access, so I definitely know that it will work!
    Thanks

01-09-14 12:40 PM
    Right... this is my setting...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001828.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	237300
    So now being back home, I'll give it a try another day... But now under WiFi, I have access, so I definitely know that it will work!
    Thanks

Turn the second one on for access when not on wifi. Remember your pc has to be on an connected to the Internet. Plus, Link must be open.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 03:30 PM
    I still did not try it... but in Wifi, I do not need to keep link open...
    I thank you, I will try both alternatives.. However, I do not need it... and, I would not leave my PC on when I am not at home. But it is interesting to know... And I want to know ;-)

01-09-14 04:17 PM
    Works! Thanks!

axllebeer likes this.
    01-10-14 06:22 AM