hey i would like to know if RIM is offering employee discounts on the new playbook!!! or will they be offer a free playbook?
    05-13-11 01:58 PM
    prob better off contacting RIM directly, rather than asking here. working at bestbuy theres no discounts, and there is a pretty big markup on it, relative to the ipad's markup of course.
    05-13-11 02:01 PM
    Working at Staples gets 10% off instantly, from what I've heard.
    05-13-11 02:02 PM
    my gf's brother works at RIM and he gets a sizable discount on the PB.
    05-13-11 02:45 PM
    really? how much is sizable cuz my father works there and he refuses to tell me until they offer him one. please let me know!!
    05-15-11 08:34 PM
    what's the markup on playbook? just curious.
    05-16-11 12:38 AM
    hey i would like to know if RIM is offering employee discounts on the new playbook!!! or will they be offer a free playbook?
    Well you do get a free phone and fun "RIM" wear.

Research In Motion - Rewards

Rewards

RIM offers many rewards for all employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes pay, benefits, career growth and workplace programs to meet employee needs.
    Go Farther, Together
    Research In Motion (RIM) is all about empowering people and taking them wherever they want to go. It's about offering greater diversity, more development and better training. It's about investing in our people and their futures. For it's only when they realize their full potential that we can achieve our broader business goals.

Pay
    Benefits
    Free BlackBerry Smartphone
    Training and Development
    Social Activities and Employee Giveaways
    Workplace
    Pay
    At RIM, your total compensation will include base pay, as well as incentive and benefits programs. Our compensation is competitive within the external marketplace, as well as internal to the team. RIM base pay is determined by a number of factors and this includes what you bring to your position. The incentive program is available to all permanent employees and is based on parameters relating to performance.

Benefits
    RIM provides benefits to full-time permanent employees in all regions globally. The benefits are competitive in the local market.

Benefits available to all employees around the globe include:

Employee Assistance Plan, which provides confidential short-term counseling, referrals and information on a variety of issues (i.e. personal well-being, parenting, financial issues, work issues, legal issues, bereavement/grief, addiction and recovery, and other topics)
    Gym/fitness center membership subsidy for full-time employees
    Worldwide Travel and Medical Emergency Assistance Program (Global Travel Program). The Global Travel Program is provided to all full-time RIM employees for both business and personal travel, and their eligible dependents for pleasure travel only. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, the assistance provided includes: immunization recommendations, local medical clinics, online country guides, medical referrals, foreign language assistance and legal assistance
    Free BlackBerry Smartphone
    As a RIM employee, you'll receive a free BlackBerry� smartphone for your use while you're employed with the company.

Training and Development
    To promote employees� personal and professional development and ensure they stay current with the latest advancements in their fields, RIM actively supports employee training and development in related areas.

Social Activities and Employee Giveaways
    RIM employees enjoy many perks such as holiday parties throughout the year, summer picnics, teambuilding sessions and employee giveaways including fun �RIM� wear.

Workplace
    RIM is proud to offer the Healthy@RIM program, which helps create an environment that supports employees in their efforts to live and maintain a healthy lifestyle. We believe in engaging employees in making improvements to their overall quality of life both within and outside of the workplace. As part of the Healthy@ RIM program, full-time employees are offered:

On-site massage
    Blood pressure/cholesterol clinics and flu shot clinics
    Health fairs
    Gym memberships
    On-site weight management and smoking cessation programs
    Ergonomic assessments
    Keynote speakers on topics such as parenting, finance, nutrition, travel and stress management
    Many other wellness activities and contests
    The three related elements of a healthy workplace�work, home and you�provide a framework that integrates health, safety and wellness practices. The Healthy@RIM program gives you access to information and education regarding physical and mental health, work-life balance issues, and community and family relationships.

Find out more about careers at RIM
    05-16-11 12:51 AM
    Jesus I want to work there now
    05-16-11 04:37 AM
    It would make sense. It is good employee relations, it is free advertising and almost guaranteed future buying of upgrades.

As Chris Rock said, drug dealers don't make money from the first sale, they profit from the 'comeback'.

And.... that's why they call it a Crackberry
    05-16-11 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD