Off topic on a troll thread? Ok

Posted via CB10
    So you did not call my thread a troll thread? Cause that's what I get from what you said, buddy.
    05-27-13 12:42 PM
    So you did not call my thread a troll thread? Cause that's what I get from what you said, buddy.
    Ya. My bad. Was a facetious reply to that other dude.

Keep going. Despite what people say BlackBerry does in fact read these forums.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:47 PM
    I like my PBs, I'm not sure that I'd upgrade to BB10 if the OS were released for the PB. My PBs runs perfectly smooth and I really can't see how BB10 would offer an enhancement with regards to MY needs. That being said, I do have two PBs so I can always experiment with one of them, but If BB10 never came to it, then no loss to me as I'm fine with just the way it sits.
    05-27-13 06:06 PM
    Ya. My bad. Was a facetious reply to that other dude.

Keep going. Despite what people say BlackBerry does in fact read these forums.

Posted via CB10
    That's what sucks about text conversations, no face or voice to take context cues from. It's cool... And yeah I know they read this, that's why I keep posting. Haven't had anyone ask again though, but it does happen...
    05-27-13 06:31 PM
    I like my PBs, I'm not sure that I'd upgrade to BB10 if the OS were released for the PB. My PBs runs perfectly smooth and I really can't see how BB10 would offer an enhancement with regards to MY needs. That being said, I do have two PBs so I can always experiment with one of them, but If BB10 never came to it, then no loss to me as I'm fine with just the way it sits.
    It's mostly that devs have no real incentive to keep developing for the PB. If they bring BB10 to our PB's they don't have to make the same program twice(as I understand it; could be wrong but they could at least reuse most of the code if they did have to deploy more than one version).

Example: xSacha opted to stop making ppsspp for PB until either BB10 comes out, which he said about a month ago that he was kinda expecting in two months or so, or ppsspp reaches 0.8, whichever comes first. He said it's because PB is still using an old compiler.

Another example: Rovio and Angry Birds Star Wars. Made it for BB10 but not PB. Guess they don't want any more of my money. Which is all right I guess, I'm on the fence about getting it now that Disney owns Star Wars; yet another large corporation I refuse to support based on moral choices. Don't want them getting any licensing dollars.
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 05-27-13 at 06:50 PM.
    05-27-13 06:34 PM
    I certainly see your point and perhaps my position is what it is due to the manner in which I utilize my PB.

I've actually recommended the PB to some of my colleagues by letting them test drive mine and to a person they each seem quite pleased with their ultimate decision to have purchased a PB...these were folks who owned both iPad and Android tablets. Consensus amongst them seems to lean towards the feeling that the PB is a better business device...at least that's what they say now that they own one and they tote around their PBs daily.

As for myself, I still receive app updates and the PB serves my purposes quite well...I continue to appreciate the device.

Sent via BlackBerry Z10
    05-27-13 06:58 PM
    Hmmm... No mention about Roswell or government conspiracy here yet. I don't see religion yet... Or do I? Perhaps this is a rant from a high priest of the "I am the most important person in the world" cult? Perhaps I am mistaken.
    Just to stay on the topic, I now will go out of my way to push BB on Everybody just because... Might even start contributing to Bill Gates.
    Just because you brought up government conspiracy.....Check this out.....Someone finally recognized that we have to have a new term, since even saying conspiracy theory causes most people to dismiss someone out of hand.....so the new term is SCADs, or State Crimes Against Democracy, with a specific definition that sets it apart from the term conspiracy theory... Beyond Conspiracy Theory / SCADs - Patterns of High Crime in American Government

Off topic yeah but I have been dying to share that with someone.....

Edit: Upon rereading the article, I guess it's not actually a new term but not one I have heard before....still a distinction that needs to be made, between the dismissive term conspiracy theory and actual political conspiracy. Worth a read, if one is interested in objectively judging the political situations they find themselves victims of....
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 05-27-13 at 08:10 PM.
    05-27-13 07:53 PM
    I just want some word other than Thor saying they've talked enough about the Playbook.....which is pretty dismissive and makes it sound an awful lot like they are going to abandon it. Give me some kind of status update, show some screenshots or something. Then I will advocate for them again. Until then they have treated me and other PB users like we don't matter. Well, we do. We are walking ads for or against BB, our opinions affect other consumers, and we are all within our rights as unhappy consumers to discourage people from supporting those who seem to have abandoned us.

Maybe you should pull your lips of BB's d***.
    They said out later this year and the year isnt half way over yet and you say they have abandonded us PB users. Not sure what you mean that PB owners dont matter I am running OS 2.1 which was not the version I started with so no we were not forgotten. If they had not supported and upgraded the OS and added increased funtionality you would have been correct.

Judging by the BB pins under your avatar you have supported BB more than I have and are mad because thay are not doing what you want them too. You also make it seem like it a matter of life or death.

As for your last comment you just proved my point about being inmature and not having the mental capacity to be reasonable.
    05-30-13 01:04 PM
    They said out later this year and the year isnt half way over yet and you say they have abandonded us PB users. Not sure what you mean that PB owners dont matter I am running OS 2.1 which was not the version I started with so no we were not forgotten. If they had not supported and upgraded the OS and added increased funtionality you would have been correct.

Judging by the BB pins under your avatar you have supported BB more than I have and are mad because thay are not doing what you want them too. You also make it seem like it a matter of life or death.

As for your last comment you just proved my point about being inmature and not having the mental capacity to be reasonable.
    No, I just showed you that I am better at being vulgar than you are. You said I should pull my head out of my a**, so I told you to take your lips off BB's d***. You tried to be insulting, I returned your insult only amplified. Don't dish it out if you can't take the response.

I one hundred percent have the mental capacity to be reasonable. And from my individual perspective, I am being completely reasonable. But you need to understand perspective to realize that what you consider reasonable and what I consider reasonable are completely different things. Maybe take some basic philosophy courses, read a few books.

You might not be tired of being strung along, but there are a bunch of PlayBook owners who are and who see my viewpoint as reasonable. Why do they see it as reasonable? Because like me alot of them have done their best to support the company when it was struggling, and feel abandoned by the lack of communication and pure dismissiveness towards us. From my perspective, the line was crossed when Thor made the comment that they had discussed the PlayBook enough when asked at BB Live. Before that I was fine with waiting. But dismiss me and the other PlayBook owners out of hand.....well this is the result.

As for life and death, no but it is a situation that decides if I even have a cell phone after this. There is no other phone company in the US that I know of that I would choose based on my values. I actively refuse to purchase any of the rival phone manufacturers products because I don't want my resources supporting their owners agendas or the values that the ecosystems encompass. These might not be important to you in your purchasing and lifestyle decisions, but they are to me. And I will completely change my lifestyle to low tech info junkie, that's how I have lived before cell phones and tablets, I have no problem returning there if necessary.

Basically, I am still giving them a chance to do the right thing, I have already stated that. If they bring BB10 to PlayBook as stated, or even show some pics or video or give some kind of status update which proves they haven't abandoned us, I will start advocating for them again. If they come out and tell us that they won't do as they have stated, then I will keep discouraging people from buying BB. I won't advocate for any other phone either. Just tell people my opinion as a person who once used BB products, which I have a right to do.

You don't like it? Too bad.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    05-30-13 06:02 PM
84 ... 234