Someone interested in getting a tablet saw my PB today and asked about it. I told him what made it awesome and then promptly discouraged him from buying anything BlackBerry, because they seem to have no interest in even talking about the PB anymore.

That makes two. First my sister, now some random stranger. Will update every time I discourage another potential BB owner. See how many people in the market one unhappy PB owner can reach. I'm not gonna seek out people, just see how many random people who ask about my tablet I can discourage until BB10 makes it to PB.
    05-23-13 12:47 AM
    Where did you even see a PlayBook for sale, anyway? Hasn't been any available in my town since... Probably the beginning of the year.
    05-23-13 01:08 AM
    What tablet would you recommend and when was the last time it got an update?
    05-23-13 01:35 AM
    Where did you even see a PlayBook for sale, anyway? Hasn't been any available in my town since... Probably the beginning of the year.
    The OP makes no mention of seeing a PB for sale. Maybe you should try reading the actual post before attacking the author's credibility...

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    05-23-13 01:40 AM
    I don't know what the point of this thread is, another one complaining about BB10 not coming to PB?

Anyway, I don't really recommend the Playbook much either because a lot of people don't care for it. Plus it's two years old.

The OP makes no mention of seeing a PB for sale. Maybe you should try reading the actual post before attacking the author's credibility...

RCK

I think it was a legit question...
    05-23-13 01:46 AM
    When I pull out my PlayBook,everyone is surprised BlackBerry actually made a tablet. Most people do not know about the PlayBook and when mentioning that BlackBerry made it, everyone gets discouraged instantly. Then they continue to comment on how stupid it is. I think BlackBerry is already discouraging people from buying their brand of products.
    Last edited by mrmvreyes; 05-23-13 at 02:05 AM.
    05-23-13 01:49 AM

RCK

Where did he attack the authors credibility? Maybe he wanted to know if it was near by so he could grab another? Lose the attitude punchy or remove the stick from your nether regions.
    05-23-13 01:55 AM
    ...remove the stick from your nether regions.
    For the last time, Bla1ze, you CANNOT BORROW MY STICK!

Please stop asking...

RCK
    00stryder and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-23-13 02:05 AM
    For the last time, Bla1ze, you CANNOT BORROW MY STICK!

Please stop asking...

RCK
    Ehhh... was worth a shot.
    05-23-13 02:18 AM
    Same here. I've actively discouraged BB-owning family and friends who are interested to switch to the Z10. I've also told them about the PB's unique features but I can't recommend it to anyone.

Who knows how BBRY will treat them down the line? Samsung phones and iPhones are cheaper *and* have more apps.
    05-23-13 03:37 AM
    I am so proud of you.
    The fewer people buying Blackberry products the better chance we have of getting an update on the Playbook.

Wait, does that make sense... ?
    eddy_berry, KDB84, JWWDUKE and 8 others like this.
    05-23-13 04:06 AM
    I did the very opposite... Gave a glowing review of my Playbook to someone yesterday, told them about all the great features and just how handy a device it has been. Showed off the very responsive touch screen and gestures... (cunningly avoided going into too much detail about the extremely ****ty browser, or the appalling lack of Apps and the minimal support from developers of existing apps.)
    They were very impressed...
    I promptly sold mine to him for €120 (with a rapid charger), then went and bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1... Awesome Tablet, Couldn't be happier!

It'll be a long time before I even consider investing money in another Blackberry product.
    05-23-13 05:10 AM
    I tend not to do advocacy, anyways.

If I recommend something, it's because I listen to what they say they want / need / find important, then give my best opinion, if I have one, of what would suit. Over the last couple of years, I've suggested iPad, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, and PlayBook.

What I wouldn't do, is out of a fit of pique, discourage somebody from buying something, simply because I was peeved BB10 hadn't made it to the PlayBook yet. Truth be told, I'm not even sure I want BB10 for my PlayBooks. Just give me a decent version of Kindle, Skype, and an updated browser, and I'm good to go. I've already got a BB10 device (Z10) and whilst I'm fairly happy with it, I also find the PlayBook OS just peachy too.
    05-23-13 05:20 AM
    They are all over amazon still, but at a discount.
    05-23-13 05:22 AM
    What a bunch of crybabys...'Mommy won't get me a new toy, so I hate Mommy, and I hate my old toy....wahhhh!". The PlayBook was fine, albeit a bit incomplete, when it first came out. A new OS isn't going to make it much better at doing what it does...maybe worse, actually, since BB10 will likely have a bigger footprint, if it ever comes out for our current PlayBooks. You know, there are still a lot of Windows XP machines out there, too, and you don't hear those users whining, even though they do have the option of moving to Windows 7..or beyond.
    05-23-13 05:39 AM
    "Discouraging" is still better than killing them... just only saying that it is still diplomatic and peaceful way of protesting...

Posted via Z10
    05-23-13 07:29 AM
    This is one of those threads where a dislike button would come in handy. Sell your PB and shut the hell up if you don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:46 AM
    I tend not to do advocacy, anyways.

If I recommend something, it's because I listen to what they say they want / need / find important, then give my best opinion, if I have one, of what would suit. Over the last couple of years, I've suggested iPad, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, and PlayBook.

What I wouldn't do, is out of a fit of pique, discourage somebody from buying something, simply because I was peeved BB10 hadn't made it to the PlayBook yet. Truth be told, I'm not even sure I want BB10 for my PlayBooks. Just give me a decent version of Kindle, Skype, and an updated browser, and I'm good to go. I've already got a BB10 device (Z10) and whilst I'm fairly happy with it, I also find the PlayBook OS just peachy too.
    I take the same approach. Depending on what a person wants to get out of their technology, I'll recommend different devices. Brand loyalty, to me, is foolish. Why restrict yourself to a very limited selection of technology when there is so much out there to choose from?
    pcguy514 likes this.
    05-23-13 08:54 AM
    Received an e-mail this morning from Tiger Direct, they have the 64GB Playbook featured at $210.

Buy the BlackBerry PlayBook 7 64GB Wi-Fi Tablet at TigerDirect.ca

$199 USD
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Pn2txiz7
    Last edited by dhutt; 05-23-13 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Added TigerDirect.com link as well
    05-23-13 09:08 AM
    At this time I would never recommend BBRY products to anyone. I certainly don't want them pizzed at me because of issues that take forever to get resolved. Let them buy what they want then can be mad at themselves.
    Send Again likes this.
    05-23-13 09:14 AM
    Received and e-mail this morning from Tiger Direct, they have the 64GB Playbook featured at $210.

Buy the BlackBerry PlayBook 7 64GB Wi-Fi Tablet at TigerDirect.ca
    You can get them cheaper on Amazon, but there are only 2 left in stock. I bought one last week and I think it's a great little device for the price.
    05-23-13 09:18 AM
    When people ask about the PlayBook I tell them both the good and bad and leave the decision up to them.

I strive to inform, not persuade.
    05-23-13 09:19 AM
    This is one of those threads where a dislike button would come in handy. Sell your PB and shut the hell up if you don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    Can you even give them away?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:23 AM
    When people ask about the PlayBook I tell them both the good and bad and leave the decision up to them.

I strive to inform, not persuade.
    I just hand it to them and let them make their own decision. Same with the Z10.
    eddy_berry and Dallin Crump like this.
    05-23-13 09:24 AM
    I can understand not recommending a playbook. But the phone too? That is a disservice to all BB users. You are just helping the shorts. Tell people PB is a 2 year old device that is starting to see limited support and it makes sense to anybody not to buy it. I don't get this way of thinking anyway. Why get mad at BB like it is personal? It's business. Just get something that makes you happy. Life is to short.
    05-23-13 09:38 AM
84 123 ...