can i just have my home screen without any icons if i pull the arrow down fully.
    i have a torch 9850 and love when the home screen is clean just a small lock icon on rt bottom?
    Haven't got a PB yet...but since it is on a great price 299$ and OS2 on its way think it should be a good deal.
    any input good/bad are very valuable.
    Thanks
    For the latest OS1, you'll always have at least one row of icons. Sorry.

I have the exact combo, 9850 and Playbook, that you'll (hopefully) have. Using the 9850 for bridged wi-fi is great. Over the holidays, I never worried about finding a wi-fi hotspot.
    sidds18 likes this.
    01-13-12 05:50 PM
    Thanks to all of you...shall wait for the os2 release as the website blackberry.com still shows like 24 days for the great price to remain @ 299$.
    Once again appreciate
    01-13-12 07:37 PM
    I've chosen to give up hope on them because they don't have any good flashlight apps. This is a total dealbreaker for me.
    I think that post lost all of its legitimacy at that line right there. If I drove past someone at night using a tablet as a flashlight I would probably crash my car from laughing so hard.
    01-13-12 08:16 PM
    Officially became a 2x nobody today. Ordered my 64gb PB from RIM NOT Best Buy.
    01-13-12 08:45 PM
    I hear you mang. AC3? Hah! I wish that was my only problem with the Playbook!! For my personal "why RIM and PB have failed" trendy pet peeve I've chosen to give up hope on them because they don't have any good flashlight apps. This is a total dealbreaker for me because I have a rare form of eyesight that requires about 10 million candelas (that's the measurement unit for brightness) to get around anywhere that doesn't have direct daylight. Way to totally ruin a product RIM!! I can't see the Playbook going anywhere but bankrupt with massive critically important must-have features like this missing. I was totally hoping to see this fixed at CES. epic fail. RIM sucks.
    Really? Lack of flashlight is your gripe? Really????

Playbook doesn't have a LED light for the camera ... that is a reason to complain, but lack of flashlight? Get real people ... when you bought it, you knew you were getting a device without LED light -- take a photo of a white piece of paper and display it if you need the Playbook to be your flashlight, that's the best you will get, as the PB relies on the screen to be its "flashlight"

The complaints are getting out of hand people. If you bought the device DESPITE its short comings, stop complaining ... a smart buyer buys a device that does ALL they need it to do after doing research. If you are on this forum, you did your research ... so if you bought something that isn't right for you, its your own damn fault.

BTW ... I have a 64GB PB and a 32GB iPad...and soon to be an owner of an Android Tablet as well. Love them all, for their own reasons.
    01-13-12 08:56 PM
    Thanks to all of you...shall wait for the os2 release as the website blackberry.com still shows like 24 days for the great price to remain @ 299$.
    Once again appreciate
    If you're okay with the current state of the software, get one now and enjoy it. If OS2 features are what you crave, then wait. There will be plenty of Playbooks out there... though perhaps not at the price point you want. That's the risk.
    01-13-12 09:07 PM
    Really? Lack of flashlight is your gripe? Really????
    I think the sarcasm was missed here.
    01-13-12 09:07 PM
    I think the sarcasm was missed here.
    Likely it was ... excuse me for being a bit touchy here. With all the other ridiculous posts out there, forgive me for thinking that this wasn't sarcasm
    01-13-12 09:27 PM
    hahah once again if a simple flashlight app is what makes or breaks a product for you thats pretty sad. who buys a 300 400 dollar flashlight???

is their flashlight apps any good!?!? I will so switch based on that. I don't get how people can talk about Netflix when there's a glaring lack of flashlight apps. People need to get their priorities straight!
    01-13-12 10:07 PM
    that is an awesome sig and I shamelessly stole it
    ... but you left out the followup: got it, don't understand it, don't know how to use it...doesn't do every little thing I think I want...meh, bored already... next!

... damn kids don't even use 1 tenth of what their current tech can do or maximize its capabilities... haven't tried or don't care?

reduced to whining in forums... fail for the device or the user? This is getting silly.

back to Fruit Ninja... carry on
    01-13-12 10:41 PM
    There was almost nothing new to look at in the BB booth at CES...

You had the car integration (which was shown before), 9900 in white and black with the other bb7 devices, and PB with OS2 (the only new thing).

So basically a majority of the booth space was for people to check out BB7 devices who hadn't really had any hands on time with them yet and had been out for a while....

Even Nokia's booth had more going on than BB's booth...
    01-14-12 12:22 AM
    OS2 wasnt even new, they showed email calendar and contacts.. which they showed last year. *yawn.cown, where were the 'tricks up their sleeve' they suggested in the press release!
    01-14-12 12:36 AM
    OS2 wasnt even new, they showed email calendar and contacts.. which they showed last year. *yawn.cown, where were the 'tricks up their sleeve' they suggested in the press release!
    They claimed the same type of thing (only to a much greater extent) at BB devcon and produced way, way, way less than hinted at...

It was a newer build of OS2, that's the extent of the new content that existed at the BB booth... Might explain why they weren't in the central hall like the rest of the phone manufacturers were and on the 2nd floor...
    01-14-12 12:37 AM
    I think this is a new beginning, but to each their own. Most of the people who rag on RIM are Apple FanBoys. I am starting to get use to it.
    01-14-12 12:43 AM
    Is actually the other way round, rim fanboys are apple haters. Apple fanboys are generally quite happy with what they have already so dont need to be bitter.

I'm x rim fanboy and apple convert. but my pb is so much more useful now i have an apple hotspot!

I think this is a new beginning, but to each their own. Most of the people who rag on RIM are Apple FanBoys. I am starting to get use to it.
    01-14-12 12:49 AM
    I actually wasn't disappointed with RIM at CES. I think they did a sufficient job of doing what they needed to do. In my mind, there really isn't much I could ding them on at CES.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-14-12 01:48 AM
    I just glad that bozo kept quiet!

No interviews claiming 60 days.
    No interviews of leap frogging.

Refreshing!!!

Galaway was good, Alec was good... CES Video that RIM did was very professional and informative.

I'll give them credit also for NOT showing a BB10 phone, until its ready no point in killing potential OS 7.1 devices. Good move.

Overrall 7/10.

3 Points lost due to:
    Bb10 not being ready
    OS 2.0 still lacking information, complete list of changes, can you take a photo and email it? Simple protuctivity improvments.
    Video Store is US only, no word on Australia.
    No 10 inch Playbook.
    No navigation.
    No partner for Voip (skype)
    No Sms from PlayBook
    No FaceBook on intergrated inbox (yet)
    Still no way of printing (on paper Rim!)
    01-14-12 02:24 AM
    The positive thing about CES is that RIM demonstrated it is still pushing the Playbook, and that OS2 and associated goodies are still scheduled for February release. Really, what else can anyone expect of a trade show? The larger questions concerning RIM and the Playbook will have to be answered in the marketplace...

RIM and most other players think they need to rent space at CES, just to show they're in business. But, I'm not sure it's taken that seriously as a marketing tool. CES has gotten too big for its own good--28 football fields of booths. Just about everyone gets lost in the crowd. I fully understand why Apple stays away.
    01-14-12 03:05 AM
    The positive thing about CES is that RIM demonstrated it is still pushing the Playbook, and that OS2 and associated goodies are still scheduled for February release. Really, what else can anyone expect of a trade show? The larger questions concerning RIM and the Playbook will have to be answered in the marketplace...

RIM and most other players think they need to rent space at CES, just to show they're in business. But, I'm not sure it's taken that seriously as a marketing tool. CES has gotten too big for its own good--28 football fields of booths. Just about everyone gets lost in the crowd. I fully understand why Apple stays away.
    Agreed. Rim not being at CES would be viewed as a sign of weakness.
    01-14-12 03:21 AM
    is their flashlight apps any good!?!? I will so switch based on that. I don't get how people can talk about Netflix when there's a glaring lack of flashlight apps. People need to get their priorities straight!
    i totally agree. i'm thinking of canceling my expedition to the caves in the himalayan mountains because the flashlight apps on the playbook aren't good enough.
    if i do decide to go and i get lost, rest assured that i'll be filing a major lawsuit against rim.
    01-14-12 03:34 AM
    RIM could never be apple in terms of hardware and marketing. only apple has the safest phones out there. they are the only manufacturers who would design a phone that needs a condom to work..... safe calls. and mr blow jobs said it is a revolutionary piece of hardware. and the fans loved it!
    01-14-12 07:44 AM
    I just glad that bozo kept quiet!

Overrall 7/10.
    No 10 inch Playbook. Why would they make another PB when this one has struggled
    No navigation. - Agreed, it would be nice to have something decent to make use of the GPS, BING maps does a reasonable job
    No partner for Voip (skype) - meh
    No Sms from PlayBook - its not a phone, thats what a BB phone is for
    No FaceBook on intergrated inbox (yet) - wont be long
    Still no way of printing (on paper Rim!) - who uses paper these days honestly
    01-14-12 07:57 AM
    RIM could never be apple in terms of hardware and marketing. only apple has the safest phones out there. they are the only manufacturers who would design a phone that needs a condom to work..... safe calls. and mr blow jobs said it is a revolutionary piece of hardware. and the fans loved it!
    Sounds like someone is insecure about their device.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    pri79269 likes this.
    01-14-12 08:11 AM
    Is actually the other way round, rim fanboys are apple haters. Apple fanboys are generally quite happy with what they have already so dont need to be bitter.

I'm x rim fanboy and apple convert. but my pb is so much more useful now i have an apple hotspot!
    I disagree. Some Apple users turn their noses up when they hear you have a Blackberry.

Last week i was at a house and a Iphone user thst i know was there. She seen me using the Playbook and the first thing she said was you should have got the ipad. She also said that it will break in 6 months.

She showed no interest in it at all because it wasn't made by Apple until i went to show someone the app that my kids and wife like to use. Its the piano app. When i started hitting keys her face dropped. She had that "Blackberry products can do that" look. It looked like she wanted to try it but didn't because it was a Blackberry. She just watched as my wife played some songs on the keyboard.

I had a few Android guys on a automotive forum talk about how they are into cutting edge tech so that is why they are Android owners and i Blackberry is outdated and so on. They had a huge list of ressons i should have bought a Asus transformer rather then a Playbook.

They were blind to any of the reasons i even bought a Playbook.

The number of Apple and Android owners that are just happy with what they have and don't care what others use is quite low imo.

James
    01-14-12 08:42 AM
    quote myself again 'generally'. but my point was that bb users tend to be apple haters more so than the other way round. i used to love my bb but i find the os and functionality outdated compared to my iphone.

apologies that was off topic so back on topic i wasnt impressed with the pb at ces 2012, nothing we hadnt seen or been promissed before, lets see if rim can deliver on time this time. hope they realise its mid jan already and there are only 24 hours in a day.
    01-14-12 09:05 AM
157 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD