To say the least I find it totally confused and unreliable at times. Server login issues, previously read messages marked unread again, notifications all over the place, the list goes on and on. There is also significant lag in selecting and opening emails. Not the same fluidity as on my Bold hence I rarely use my PB for email which is a sad thing.

All I have to say is that BB10 is suppose to be the savior for RIM but if the new phones run like the Playbook email client, they are going to be in trouble!

Who can honestly say they would like a PB experience on their BB10 phones?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 10:48 PM
    Coming Soon (R)
    06-07-12 10:51 PM
    I tend to use the bridge email. I find it more efficient.

Yes the native email has some quirks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-07-12 11:14 PM
    I have no issue with the native email at all. It is an improved experience from 1.0
    kennyliu and p2times like this.
    06-07-12 11:22 PM
    What scares me is that it took forever to get native email on the PB. Now can you imagine porting BIS and all to the QNX OS for BB10? There's bound to be bugs and errors and if OS updates have to go through carriers its going to be a nightmare. Unless RIM can do an Apple type update system where it bypasses carriers. Unfortunately I don't think this will be possible.

Now most of us here on CB will be able to install leaks and such but I guess there is some uncertainly if that is even possible with qnx. But for the average consumer who knows nothing about smartphones let alone qnx might be left alone in the dark.

06-07-12 11:40 PM
    The native email app on the pb is nothing short of an embarrassment for rim, who basically invented mobile email. Sadly, there are no alternatives.

Imo the only thing that can save this device now is a ICS ROM.

Now putting my 64gb pb down for another month. Will check in July if the situation has improved, but I'm not holding my breath.
    06-08-12 12:24 AM
    Mine worked likes a charm... I choose to use Bridge as I find it a duplication of services to have on both devices.... when I did have it up and running I found very few issues with it... great integraton... never had lag issues..... probably has more to do with the PB and your ISP... had major issues on my torch when I first started but resolved it through percevence.... the joys of technology....
    06-08-12 12:44 AM
    No problems here either. Though I only have two email accounts set up (Yahoo mail and my corporate IMAP email account). Everything works fine. Setup process was also piece of cake.
    06-08-12 01:56 AM
    I find that my PB recieves the gmail notification faster than my bloody desktop.
    06-08-12 02:24 AM
    Yea man, I'd say I'm kind of disappointed with the native email app on the Playbook. I use the bridge message more often than the native app. I do hope that there will be an update for it without taking too much space on my playbook.
    06-08-12 03:45 AM
    I use gmail for mine...works like a charm! I use the Google Calendar as well, so I can update the calendar from anywhere, and it's automatically synced to all my BB products.

I cannot speak to the native email, but this is what works for me.
    06-08-12 03:46 AM
    What scares me is that it took forever to get native email on the PB. Now can you imagine porting BIS and all to the QNX OS for BB10? There's bound to be bugs and errors and if OS updates have to go through carriers its going to be a nightmare. Unless RIM can do an Apple type update system where it bypasses carriers. Unfortunately I don't think this will be possible.
    I'll start off by saying that I'm quite happy with the way the email client works on the Playbook. Haven't had any major issues with it at all.

As for the remark above, it has been fairly widely talked about that RIM will be bypassing carriers for OS updates, so any bug fixes should be simple enough to get out to the general public.

Si.
    06-08-12 03:55 AM
    To say the least I find it totally confused and unreliable at times. Server login issues, previously read messages marked unread again, notifications all over the place, the list goes on and on. There is also significant lag in selecting and opening emails. Not the same fluidity as on my Bold hence I rarely use my PB for email which is a sad thing.

All I have to say is that BB10 is suppose to be the savior for RIM but if the new phones run like the Playbook email client, they are going to be in trouble!

All true. It's a disaster. 2.01 corrected some issues but why on earth are we still restricted to having a maximum of 30 days worth of emails? as I have said before - 'professional grade' don't make me laugh.
    06-08-12 04:02 AM

It is not flawless and that rapid yes but that is because it runs on active sync but it is not as buggy as yours seems to be.
    Try reclaiming some leaking ram with a hard reset. Some android apps hog ram terribly.
    06-08-12 04:12 AM
    Agree completely - I have now removed my main business email account from my PB as all the 'unread email counter', search & notification errors were driving me round the bend. And not being able to do the equivalent of select-all -> mark-read or search -> mark-read-all or search -> delete-all is unbelievable. (I get over 3000 emails per day on my business account - the majority of which are notifications from the same source, and can be wiped within a few hours)

If the email experience on my BB9900 is 9/10, by comparison the email experience on my PB is 2/10
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-08-12 at 07:18 AM. Reason: typo
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    06-08-12 07:17 AM
    I havent been able to use my native email for anything when on wifi. I gave up on the email months ago. It is too bad because for the week or so that it worked, it was great.
    06-08-12 07:33 AM
    I never had any issues with it and loved it a lot more then on my Blackberry Curve Email. But I prefer to use Bridge Email cause the duplicate's. Now I do have a simple complaint with the Bridge Email and it is simply this- where is my unified inbox I get on my phone?
    06-08-12 08:13 AM
    Among other things, opening native email is slow as molasses. (I do use bridge from time to time, but since I always have my 9810, it's almost pointless to use my PB for email.) I touch the mail icon on my 9810 and my inbox instantly pops up. Not so on the PB.
    06-08-12 08:53 AM
    I find that my PB recieves the gmail notification faster than my bloody desktop.
    Same here...

I'm quite impressed with the email in OS2.1. I was irritated with the lack of folder support. Now that it is fixed, it's working beautifully for me.
    06-08-12 10:12 AM
    I like the native e-mail function for the most part, but I hate that when you delete a message, it gets deleted from the server as well. I lost a couple students' midterm exams that way. My phone has the option to delete from the device only; why doesn't the PB?
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-08-12 10:34 AM
    I like the native e-mail function for the most part, but I hate that when you delete a message, it gets deleted from the server as well. I lost a couple students' midterm exams that way. My phone has the option to delete from the device only; why doesn't the PB?
    Do you have the option in your settings?
    06-08-12 10:44 AM
    Some people complain with problems, some of them actually have problems. Some of them don't know how to set it up right.. Some don't care to find out why...

But all along I'm working the native email client like a boss
    06-08-12 10:45 AM
    Do you have the option in your settings?
    Yeppers. Doesn't make a difference.
    06-08-12 10:56 AM
    Unfortunately, I would have to agree partly with the OP. The native email client is not good enough to replace my Android or my desktop.

That's the bottom line. Which device do I go to to manage my emails? It's not the PB, although the native client has improved incrementally and is much better with OS 2.0

Here are my gripes

1) my yahoo account kept asking for my password. extremely annoying! basically a productivity killer. answer was either to delete the account or --- don't use the PB.

2) A bit laggy. I somewhat like the layout and the "flow", but somehow it doesn't feel right. There's also a lag between when you hit delete and when the PB actually clears them out.

3) Have to swipe down to select multiple delete? Come on!!! Inefficient

4) Portrait mode. (Fixed w 2.0) I like this now.

The native apps have improved but the unreliability of them is a big problem. Ok for Beta. A BB10 killer if not fixed for the mom and pop. This is basic guys.
    06-08-12 11:42 AM
    Unfortunately, I would have to agree partly with the OP. The native email client is not good enough to replace my Android or my desktop.

That's the bottom line. Which device do I go to to manage my emails? It's not the PB, although the native client has improved incrementally and is much better with OS 2.0

Here are my gripes

1) my yahoo account kept asking for my password. extremely annoying! basically a productivity killer. answer was either to delete the account or --- don't use the PB.

2) A bit laggy. I somewhat like the layout and the "flow", but somehow it doesn't feel right. There's also a lag between when you hit delete and when the PB actually clears them out.

3) Have to swipe down to select multiple delete? Come on!!! Inefficient

4) Portrait mode. (Fixed w 2.0) I like this now.

The native apps have improved but the unreliability of them is a big problem. Ok for Beta. A BB10 killer if not fixed for the mom and pop. This is basic guys.
    Exactly. Why the lag in deleting emails and such? Unacceptable for this day and age.
    06-08-12 12:32 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD