I think ANDROID is the only solution for Blackberry Playbook. I advise NOT TO BUY a BB Playbook for new customers, but for peoples who have already purchased, they need a good ROM.

I have been playing with BB Playbook from last two weeks and I am highly disappointed. The biggest failure:
    1. No Video Chat application, only BB video chat which will work only between BB devices. What about other customers to whom RIM sold BB Playbook which do not own BB devices or 1st time BB Playbook owners like me? I think they should have mentioned this on BOLD letters before selling tablet that whoever purchase this, need to have BB device. Otherwise, they should provide a solution like SKYPE.

2. Video playback application stops working after playing some videos, have to re-start playbook.
    3. Same with Music app, no sound after playing some songs
    4. Camera application also stops working, had to restart.
    5. Bluetooth not working for me. I am not sure how to make it work with my PC. I am able to connect my two ANDROID phones with PC without any issue.
    6. GPS do work, but Bing MAP is not that great. It should have better MAP application like Google MAP. I tired GMAP with Android Player app, but the experience is not that good.
    7. Android app player is only half baked, 90% of apps converted do not work.

I mean above points are BASICS which should work at any COST. I am on OS Version 2.0.0.6149, which I understand is beta, but above points are BASICS.

Hardly any app/game to take advantage of DUAL CORE CPU, I think for the existing apps/games, single core is sufficient.

I know it has a great security, but everyone do not need or leave it to customer to choose if they want or not. Else, RIM should sell such devices to corporate houses which need tight security and not to common customers.

I know I have purchased BB Playbook on 50% discounted price, but I am not looking for BIG things, only BASICS should work correctly.
    01-14-12 12:53 PM
    just return it

youre a broken record, nothing you have said here hasnt been said by 100 other people....

next time do a little digging around before wasting your time with a duplicate post
    and it also seems your shift button sticks because some of your words are in all caps
    01-14-12 01:02 PM
    I like my Playbook just fine, and I am happy to recommend a Playbook to others.

Buh bye.
    apg300 likes this.
    01-14-12 01:04 PM
    Welcome to the forum. I am one of the peoples who have already purchased. Could you please explain the meaning of the acronym "ROM" so I can obtain a good one and correct my error in judgement. Thanks
    erhan8 and apg300 like this.
    01-14-12 01:06 PM
    Reminds me of the days when the Mac first came out and everyone complained it wasn't like Windows! LOL
    dentynefire, apg300 and MrLynd54 like this.
    01-14-12 01:07 PM
    Reminds me of the days when the Mac first came out and everyone complained it wasn't like Windows! LOL
    or people who just buy sale items because they are cheap and didnt any research.......
    d3adcrab likes this.
    01-14-12 01:17 PM
    Funny...newbie, first post, and already you begin to whine about the playbook.

Out of curiosity...Have you even considered asking around if others are experiencing the same problems before recommending that people not buy the Playbook??
    Have you really tried looking for solutions??
    Or are you just looking for excuses to bash on the Playbook??
    Hmmm...do you even own a Playbook??

Oh well...giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'd have to agree with Fubaz...just go and return your Playbook and stop complaining about it in here. In the first place, NOBODY, not RIM, nor ANY of us in here forced you to buy the Playbook.

Good luck with that attitude! Cheers!

Oh and by the way, I LOVE my 64GB Playbook! Unlike you, I bought it back when it was at $600, and I STILL think it's worth every dollar. With the recent price-cuts, I'm even considering getting a spare 64GB unit, just because I think it's a great product and a great deal.
    d3adcrab, erhan8 and dentynefire like this.
    01-14-12 01:23 PM
    I have purchased two Playbooks and could not be happier. I purchased the device because of its solid hardware. How many major OS upgrades have Apple and Google gone through? Technically, the Playbook is still at version 1.x. It can only, and already has, gotten better.
    apg300 and d3adcrab like this.
    01-14-12 01:24 PM
    what a maroon...
    bitek likes this.
    01-14-12 01:25 PM
    I'm the deep sea fisherman here....why do I feel like the bait?
    01-14-12 01:26 PM
    This is yet another example of why a minimum post count is a good idea before allowing a new thread.
    01-14-12 01:31 PM
    Love my PB and would recommend it to anyone. The OP is just looking to stir the pot.

My Blue tooth works perfect, my movies work perfect, sound works perfect for me with ALL songs, my camera has never stopped working, and u are just using the beta so I bet android apps will not work perfectly yet. Ohhhh and what do u know, My gfs blackerry playbook also works perfect....... and oohhhh my brother who just purchased one works perfect..... ohhhhhh and I know about a 1000 other people on this site who love there PB's and everything works just fine for them.....hmmmmm..... sounds like you are here just to make the PlayBook look bad. I guarantee the OP is a iTab or Android fanboy just looking for attention. This thread should plz be deleted as it is garbage and is jot useful to anyone.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    01-14-12 01:35 PM
    Love my PB and would recommend it to anyone. The OP is just looking to stir the pot.

My Blue tooth works perfect, my movies work perfect, sound works perfect for me with ALL songs, my camera has never stopped working, and u are just using the beta so I bet android apps will not work perfectly yet. Ohhhh and what do u know, My gfs blackerry playbook also works perfect....... and oohhhh my brother who just purchased one works perfect..... ohhhhhh and I know about a 1000 other people on this site who love there PB's and everything works just fine for them.....hmmmmm..... sounds like you are here just to make the PlayBook look bad. I guarantee the OP is a iTab or Android fanboy just looking for attention. This thread should plz be deleted as it is garbage and is jot useful to anyone.
    d3adcrab likes this.
    01-14-12 01:37 PM
    Closed because so many supposedly experienced members can't resist attackinng a newbie. Considering whether to ban or just hand out warnings
    01-14-12 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD