I just did a search and found nothing so i'm starting this one cause the problem is really annoying me...

I decided to jump on twitter on my playbook cause on the z10 the app is very limited except the twitter site on the playbook automatically goes into mobile.twitter which looks and operates just like the twitter app even if i type twitter.com (which was fine before)... It does this for crackberry.com as well but i don't mind that as much since it relieves the slowness that plagued the regular view once they remodeled it a couple of months ago....this isn't for every site, but i did just notice this mobile view for twitter... So again, how do i revert back to regular view on the playbook??.
    05-02-13 02:52 AM
    Buy Fast Browser 99c USD/75p GBP from BBWorld and change user agent to Firefox, I tried everything else all fails.
    05-02-13 05:51 AM
    Try clearing your cache and cookies in the browser: often this is where the setting pushing you to the mobile version is stored. Also see if there's a link to the full site on the mobile version and then follow it. That should update the cookie and make that your new preference.
    05-02-13 08:20 AM
    I just did a search and found nothing so i'm starting this one cause the problem is really annoying me...

I decided to jump on twitter on my playbook cause on the z10 the app is very limited except the twitter site on the playbook automatically goes into mobile.twitter which looks and operates just like the twitter app even if i type twitter.com (which was fine before)... It does this for crackberry.com as well but i don't mind that as much since it relieves the slowness that plagued the regular view once they remodeled it a couple of months ago....this isn't for every site, but i did just notice this mobile view for twitter... So again, how do i revert back to regular view on the playbook??.
    Stock browser seems to go to mobile site no matter what. This was in a post a while back. You can use free Simple Browser+ or paid Simple or, as suggested Fast, e.g. something that will allow you to set the user agent.
    05-02-13 08:51 AM
    Try clearing your cache and cookies in the browser: often this is where the setting pushing you to the mobile version is stored. Also see if there's a link to the full site on the mobile version and then follow it. That should update the cookie and make that your new preference.
    No, that didn't work and there is no full version to be found... I'm just puzzled as to why it was the full version before and just recently turned itself into mobile view... Anyhow, i ended up using simple browser and that works fine... I don't see myself paying for ANY browser, no matter how cheap it is...unless the browsers available simply stop working for some reason without a solution.
    05-02-13 02:02 PM
    No, that didn't work and there is no full version to be found... I'm just puzzled as to why it was the full version before and just recently turned itself into mobile view... Anyhow, i ended up using simple browser and that works fine... I don't see myself paying for ANY browser, no matter how cheap it is...unless the browsers available simply stop working for some reason without a solution.
    It is usually on the website end, e.g. it changes content based on what type of device accesses it. So, that is why you need user agent control in a browser. For some reason it is now seeing PB browser = mobile page. Actually Fast is worth the buck as it is easy to toggle flash on and off. But if you have principles, you have principles....
    05-03-13 08:18 AM