I really don't like the unified mailbox on my Playbook. I don't tweet or twitter, and I'm not a Facebook user so I don't care about unifying those, but I do have a few email addresses I use for various things. The unified inbox just chucks everything in the same place with the envelope icon and there is no way to tell what mail belongs to what account without doing having to do extra steps. It is much easier to be able scan the list of accounts and see which ones hold unread messages and then go there. (Um.. sort of like Apple?) Is there a way to set a default other than All Accounts , for example open to Gmail? I can't find one. Failing that, is there a way to set a separate and distinct icon for each email account? That would be better than all having the same envelope icon. Even a different colour envelope?

I was really looking forward to native email, but I'm quite disappointed in what we got. Its a bit of a fail. Gmail works the best, but it seems to have some issues with syncing folders. Too bad the Messages app doesn't allow you to have resident folders for storing and sorting mail. I looked at the latest Android mail client in the store and its does better in some ways, but it's also a fail as it doesn't use the contacts so that's a definitive deal breaker. I deleted that after half an hour.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. To avoid all the clutter and extra hassle I am down to using only my main account on the Playbook and keep all the rest on my Mac and phone but that sort of defeats the purpose of a multi account capable client.
    Last edited by hyosilver; 04-04-12 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Increased clarity (hopefully!)
    04-04-12 11:02 AM
    In the mail app under the magnifying glass top left. Click the icon with the @ and choose which account you want to see.
    04-04-12 11:09 AM
    Also click the icon below the magnifying glass, it lets you see only the emails by account. I also do not use twitter or facebook but absolutely love the unified inbox. I can easily see all me emails and linkedin updates along with manage them.
    04-04-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD