I have now started to move my content onto the device and Wi-Fi file sharing, Box and iTunes Sync are all working admirably.

Obviously Music sorts itself out into albums and genres on it's own. I have created sub folders in "Pictures" (using Files & Folders) and these are reflected in the application.

However, when I do the same to Videos and documents, the subfolders are not visible in the applications (or in the native file Manager) although Files and folders sees everything correctly ( I have also renamed a couple of videos - Files and Folders sees the change but the App and native File manager do not).

If I look at my Playbook as a mapped drive on my PC, it also correctly shows the sub folders and renamed files.

Have I missed something ?

TIA
    09-19-12 03:12 AM
    To rename videos, don't change the file name, change the vid's tags. In Windows Explorer, right click on the vid, choose properties, then details, and then input the title you want the PB to display. Note, if there are no tags for the video, your Videos app should display the file name, otherwise it defaults to the tag title.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 09-19-12 at 07:37 AM.
    09-19-12 07:31 AM
    You have discovered one of my pet peeves - only a tiny few apps actually respect folder/directory structure. Try attaching photos to an email - then the Albums are ignored and all 3,000 pictures are shown for you to choose. (pacoman has a suggestion for it using ghostcommander)
    09-19-12 08:39 AM
    I do? Oh yeah. To attach a pic to an email, without having to scroll though 3000 pics or doing a search in the native file browser, open Ghost Commander, navigate to the pic you want to attach (Ghost sees folder structure) press and hold on the pic, then choose "Send to", then "Messages". Messages will open in the compose view with the pic attached. A piece of cake. Ghost will only allow you to attach one pic this way, however. To attach multiple pics (must be in the same folder), you can use ES File Explorer, which must be sideloaded. The process is similar, though not identical, to the Ghost process. You can attach any kind of file this way, not just pics, which can be especially handy for certain kinds of files, considering that the native browser only sees docs, pics, vids, and music files.
    09-19-12 09:24 AM
    Another annoying thing is that the Files app will only see files that is it told to. I had to email a csv file this morning and guess what? The PlayBook wouldn't let me attach because it would not show on the list.

We can only hope this is sorted on BB10 (for I highly doubt it is on 2.1).
    09-19-12 10:34 AM
    Another annoying thing is that the Files app will only see files that is it told to. I had to email a csv file this morning and guess what? The PlayBook wouldn't let me attach because it would not show on the list.

We can only hope this is sorted on BB10 (for I highly doubt it is on 2.1).
    Uh, see my post above. Attaching a csv file is not a problem.
    09-19-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD