Got a playbook - first one. Newbie. Want to watch Hulu - can't. And can't find where to download the DB 3.x so I can root my book. Anyone?
    05-20-13 12:40 AM
    You can't root it if it's on OS2, and all PlayBooks come with 2.0 stock now.
    antiRIM likes this.
    05-20-13 12:46 AM
    Nice username. Anyway, you should have done some homework my friend. CANNOT ROOT PLAYBOOK. And Hulu, Netflix, etc. all blocked playbook a long time ago. only access would have been through apps developed by those companies. Which they never developed. Now, don't get me wrong, you can stream movies on some sites like crackle and stuff (and of course the not so legal way) but the big players are not interested. They may be interested in BB10 devices. Have to wait and see. Anyway welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay however long it lasts. If you are up for it. Stick around for at least the next 7 months to see if we get BB10. Other than that, this platform is being slowly strangled to death. Why not try one of the gazillion android devices that have this support if that is what you really want.
    05-20-13 12:52 AM
    Disappointed but I thank you. It was a gift from one who intended I use it as an e-reader.So I guess it's pc streaming from here on out. What do I need to get it to accept downloads from the public library system - Overdrive? It is not one of the books listed that supports it.
    I will probably have other questions and am looking forward to help from all you 'experts'. This is awesome.
    05-20-13 12:21 PM
    I like your attitude. Good thing you didn't spend money on it. That attitude might have been different. have fun.
    05-20-13 04:31 PM
    Disappointed but I thank you. It was a gift from one who intended I use it as an e-reader.So I guess it's pc streaming from here on out. What do I need to get it to accept downloads from the public library system - Overdrive? It is not one of the books listed that supports it.
    I will probably have other questions and am looking forward to help from all you 'experts'. This is awesome.
    Yes. Load Overdrive. It's in AppWorld.
    05-20-13 08:17 PM