I have found many useful digital photo frame apps for my playbook that is getting less and less use. I thought with the stand this would be a great gift for my wife, I can setup photos of the kids and she can use it at her desk at work. The problem is the screen always times out - the max I can set it is 5 minutes.

Is there anyway to disable the screen from timing out? I would want this to basically run as a digital photo frame playing a slideshow constantly throughout the day. It is useless if it shuts the display down after 5 minutes.

I have searched the forums and have found posts talking about great apps so this can be used as a photo frame - even hang it on your wall!, and post relating to web based radio apps getting shutdown after the 5 minute timeout.

I don't see how anyone would go through the trouble of hanging this on the wall if it turns off after 5 minutes..... 90% of the people passing it would think you are nutter for tacking your blank tablet on the wall for no reason.

If anyone knows of a solution, please I am desperate for help.
    12-28-13 09:51 PM
    Files and Folders will let you keep your slide show awake, and probably others.
    12-28-13 11:07 PM
    hi, what is files and folders? Even Im looking for a way to stop PB from timing out after 5 min.
    spARTacus likes this.
    01-17-14 02:18 PM
    I too have been looking for a way to stop the screen from going blank, for the purpose of using the pb as a photo frame. Best would also be an app that can access your photos and videos over smb from a windows or other standard network share, while also not going blank and continuous cycling through all photos in a repeat mode.
    01-21-14 08:04 PM
    Just tried files and folders (the free trial in black berry world) and the slideshow function appears to still let the playbook go blank
    01-21-14 08:17 PM
    Sorry.... I just found the setting in files and folders that allows you to set the slide show to keep the screen alive. Just did a quick check and it seemed to work (at least for the ten minutes I left it running).

I might have to buy the app, unless anyone knows of a free one that can do the same.
    01-21-14 08:35 PM