And the only reason I would take it to the toilet, is to use it instead of paper. I am just glad I never paid the original price for it. Yes I read reviews on here, but one leason I have learnt, is never listen or take notice of people who live breath and xxxx blackberry.

On paper it looks a good device, but blackberry have taken a reasonably good hardware spec, and loaded on software that has no function or logic, in most things it does. no one wants to develop software for it, apps that are available are normally on average twice the price they are on other platforms,

This device could have been so good, but rim have taken a good design and hardware, then stuck on outdated, under performing, slow, buggy, software, then teased their customers with what to expect to come, but keep changing their mind as to when it will arrive.

Blackberry are getting left so far behind the competition, at the rate they are going, it will take them decades to catch up, and as their sales are dropping like a lead ballon, they wont have the finances to catch up let alone the expertise.
    Aside from your complaint about the browser,which I have never personally experienced most of the rest of your complaints appear to be an unreasoning anti Blackberry rant.

If you want a device that acts like an ipad or Android tablet go out and get one. If you want a better experience LEARN TO USE YOUR PLAYBOOK stop expecting it operate like inferior products.
    braindigger and kbz1960 like this.
    01-28-12 09:42 AM
    I just thought of another use for my PB. I hope the moderators work weekends.
    01-28-12 10:13 AM
    I dont understand the complaint about the browser of the PB. Ive used ipads, samsungs and etc but nothing comes close to the speed of PB's browser.

Maybe, just maybe, something is wrong with your unit.
    01-28-12 10:41 AM
    The iPad users probably saw a video playing in the browser and didnt know what to do so they closed it and got scared...
    azrin640 likes this.
    01-28-12 12:03 PM
    I purchased it due to the price point. I am glad I didn't purchase the pb when it was first introduced. I do have a 9650 which I use for talking and emailing. Emails are not as reliable as the use to be....there are some long delays in the emails....waiting for the qnx blackberry but feel like it will be delayed.....SEEMS like every device gets delayed with rimm.

Wife has ipad 1 and it gets used a couple of times a week. Works well for her....she uses it for emails and browsing

I hope OS2 for pb will be launched officially in feb
    01-28-12 01:16 PM
    Every morning I have a dump and start an argument on Twitter using my PB. These valuable minutes used to get wasted, not any more.
    That should read:

Every morning I give birth to an ipad and start an argument........................
    01-28-12 03:41 PM
    Back to the OP.

Use it for the normal stuff, reading, surfing, commenting on forums (which for some reason need an ipad app for certain people) hook up to a 15 foot HDMI cable and watch video from Amazon Prime, read recipes online while cooking, business, estimates. It is becoming my preferred connected device.
    01-28-12 03:49 PM
    Every morning I have a dump and start an argument on Twitter using my PB. These valuable minutes used to get wasted, not any more.
    I reserved that moment with my nook color running cm9. Hehehehe
    01-28-12 11:40 PM
    I've rigged up my camera tripod so that I could use it with my playbook. Works for me!
    modine likes this.
    01-29-12 12:49 AM
    Wow, what an open-ended question. I had the 16gb since Oct and upgraded to 64gb in Jan.

School:
    Record lecture on voicenotes (occasionally), take pictures of lecture slides (always) and type out notes on Word-to-Go (always). NOT mutually exclusive, due to incredible multitasking power, I usually do two or all these at once. Main reason why I bought the PB. Not to mention it wakes me up at 7:30am every morning and tells me the weather so I dress appropriately on the Bed-Buzz app.

Pleasure:
    Browsing. Watching movies/slideshows on HDMI tv. Reading CrackBerry and GlobeAndMail. Listening to music. Playing Tetris or other games from AppWorld to kill time. Read an epub book on Book Reader app.

Social:
    Facebook & Twitter apps. Videochat with friends and family. Record videos to share (the camera quality is beautiful).

Work:
    Check/write emails. Review documents. Case presentations. Use BOX for cloud services, transfer stuff from home to work.

Funny though, my father loved his iPad2 to show pictures to his potential patients, but as soon as he has to go to a website to show them something and it doesn't load, he gets frustrated and tells me to go to the website on my PlayBook. After two times of embedded YouTube videos not working, he finally started using the PlayBook I ordered for him. (Just because we're moving to HTML5, doesn't mean FLASH disappears overnight.) Now he's using the PlayBook for his slideshows too, it's easier than two devices.

My mom and my youngest brother now constantly fight over the 16gb to play LostKomodo, Power Vacuum, and Angry Birds.

Anyway, yeah, the iPad2 can do most of these things I just listed... except for the multitasking items I listed for school. Adding portability of smaller size, the PlayBook is my ideal tablet.

To each their own. Everyone has their needs and use the PlayBook to fulfill them. It's kind of harsh to compare a Playbook to toilet paper, it's not double-ply.
    Last edited by Peritaxis; 01-29-12 at 01:35 AM.
    cntrydncr223 and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-29-12 01:32 AM
    i bought my Playbook the day before yesterday.

But i am addicted to bbm on the playbook, i also browse the web and send a ton of email
    01-29-12 02:35 AM
    Wow, what an open-ended question. I had the 16gb since Oct and upgraded to 64gb in Jan.

School:
    Record lecture on voicenotes (occasionally), take pictures of lecture slides (always) and type out notes on Word-to-Go (always). NOT mutually exclusive, due to incredible multitasking power, I usually do two or all these at once. Main reason why I bought the PB. Not to mention it wakes me up at 7:30am every morning and tells me the weather so I dress appropriately on the Bed-Buzz app.

Pleasure:
    Browsing. Watching movies/slideshows on HDMI tv. Reading CrackBerry and GlobeAndMail. Listening to music. Playing Tetris or other games from AppWorld to kill time. Read an epub book on Book Reader app.

Social:
    Facebook & Twitter apps. Videochat with friends and family. Record videos to share (the camera quality is beautiful).

Work:
    Check/write emails. Review documents. Case presentations. Use BOX for cloud services, transfer stuff from home to work.

Funny though, my father loved his iPad2 to show pictures to his potential patients, but as soon as he has to go to a website to show them something and it doesn't load, he gets frustrated and tells me to go to the website on my PlayBook. After two times of embedded YouTube videos not working, he finally started using the PlayBook I ordered for him. (Just because we're moving to HTML5, doesn't mean FLASH disappears overnight.) Now he's using the PlayBook for his slideshows too, it's easier than two devices.

My mom and my youngest brother now constantly fight over the 16gb to play LostKomodo, Power Vacuum, and Angry Birds.

Anyway, yeah, the iPad2 can do most of these things I just listed... except for the multitasking items I listed for school. Adding portability of smaller size, the PlayBook is my ideal tablet.

To each their own. Everyone has their needs and use the PlayBook to fulfill them. It's kind of harsh to compare a Playbook to toilet paper, it's not double-ply.
    wow, thanks for the awesome write up/report.
    It's so nice to see the PB being used so much and with all the diverse things that can be done with it!!
    01-30-12 12:51 AM
    I posted this in another thread, thinking it was this one:

I took a picture of the shopping list and brought my PB to the store with me. It sits perfectly in the kid seat of the shopping cart. I got a text to pick up pizza while I was in the slowest line ever, so I pulled up the Domino's website and ordered the 2 pizza special. Then, I checked CrackBerry. By the time I got out of the store and drove down to Domino's, the pizzas were ready to go.
    01-30-12 02:10 AM
    I manage a sales team. We recently had an "upgrade" to our software platform that was supposed to make things better for everyone, but has just added more to my plate. Several times a day, the team has to ask me to load a specific address into their phone so they can submit orders. If I am in front of my laptop, the process takes about 60 seconds. The problem is, I am on the road a ton and seldom in front of my laptop when the guys need me to be. Instead of having to try and find WIFI somewhere and then drag out/fire up the laptop, I can use my PB bridged to my phone. My PB has literally saved me SEVERAL hours of stopped time while traveling. Now, if I could convince our IT Department to support the PB on our network, I wouldn't even need the laptop...
    01-30-12 06:35 AM
    I bought the 16GB model as my Christmas gift to myself & I use it mostly for Social Media, Movie watching when everyone else in the house has control of a TV or Computer & as soon as OS 2 comes out, I'll be able to manage my Mail & Calendar from it, instead of having to depend so much on my computer &/or iPod touch.

I would love to play Angry Birds on it, but not for $4.99! I already bought it once for my iPod. I think it should be free. I hope Skype, Netflix & Flipboard come to the PB. That would make it an even more amazing machine!

I love it's multi-tasking ability!

CDC
    01-30-12 01:52 PM
    not sure if the icrap stuff is directed at me, but as i have never nor will i ever own any icrap product, and as i only mentioned the issues i have had or continue to have with my playbook, the mention of using the moderators, seems a very immature thing to say. I no longer own a bb phone, so bb bridge is not an option, as for the navigation side of things, internet? yes while in the house with wifi, but out on the road, where really navigation is the only place where i would want to use it, no not an option. developers have released apps for every platform there is except the playbook. i have spoke to several that produce apps for windows, apple, symbian and android, and none have any intention of developing for the playbook, and the same answer is given every time, no demand and not a platform we have any intention of developing for.

So left with an outdated under developed platform from the outset, yet no one on here has the balls to admit it is a flawed product, simply down to rim and their in house attitude. the sooner you guys get a grip, and start to point out the flaws, rim will continue to wave rooten carrots infront of you guys, and you will continue to bite and try not to not like the taste, no matter how bitter it is.

I may be bitter about the product, and happy to let everyone know how much i feel let down by rim, how about a few more admit you feel conned instead of jumping on the worship wagon.
    Ban me if you want, to be honest, i could not care less, you guys continue to believe there is nothing better out there just like the icrap brigade you may just see there is.
    01-30-12 02:24 PM
    Cooking!
    Instructions;
    Start Magellan Compass app.
    Apply sliced bread.
    Remove, butter, enjoy toast.

-kidding aside anybody else get a lot of heat when using this gps app?
    01-30-12 02:37 PM
    Note to self: must remember not to follow @tabulus
    01-30-12 02:47 PM
    use Viewranger maps bar-ified from my Sensation and its fabulous. i can plan my MTB routes on a bigger screen...And they are off-line maps (albeit I paid for them)

Also keeps 6yo daughter happy with cbeebies and cbbc and, for some strange reason, googling about the Eiffel tower....is weird what 6yo kids do these days
    01-30-12 02:48 PM
    I use my PlayBook with my band during rehearsals. We play a huge repertoire of 80's tunes, and they're not always top-of-mind. Sometimes we play a song we haven't played in years. So the PB is loaded up with all the lyrics/chords/notes (one Word doc per song, uniformly named), plus the whole OLGA catalog for other impromptu jam sessions. If the band starts playing a tune and I need some help with the lyrics, chords, key or song structure, all it takes is a few swipes or taps to pull them up.

That's actually where the "filter" function in Files & Folders (see sig) originated. For instance, if the guitarist starts playing the intro to Message In A Bottle (by The Police), all I have to do is tap the search button, type POL and the song list is instantly filtered to show only Police songs. Tap the song and voila. Not that I need it for that particular song though

I also have many of the original versions loaded as .mp3 so we can quickly listen to a tune during rehearsal if needed. I'm thinking of getting a BlueTooth receiver to connect to the sound system, so I can stream wirelessly from the PB.

The PB can even be used as an audio recorder, as the mics and autogain function can cope quite well with the sound level produced by a rock band.

I recently played keys with another band with hardly any time to rehearse. I put the chords of the songs into PowerPoint on a dark background, laid the PB flat on my synth with an anti-slip mat, swiped from song to song and nobody noticed a thing
    Last edited by Innovatology; 01-30-12 at 03:19 PM.
    01-30-12 03:15 PM
    Things you cant do

gps navigation
    google maps
    3g data
    widgets
    multiple screens
    traffic info
    on board maps

and thats just for starters. worst tablet i have ever owned. Browser closes for no reason, very few apps for blackberry phones are also compatable with the playbook, unlike other o/s platforms. At times it is sooooooooooooooooo slow, infact due to the issue with the browser closing for no reason this is the second attempt to post this reply, for just that issue. blackberry are doombed how many delayed releases to the new update are we at now?????? Mine is now up for sale, and as for the keyboard, well that is something else.
    My Playbook experienced a good number of browser crashes which I also found unacceptable. So I reinstalled the OS and it's never been better.

->To reinstall new OS:
    >Install BlackBerry Desktop Manager 7.0 beta (6.0 has a problem finding your PB when it's powered off for some), you can find it with a google search online, once DM 7.0 is installed,
    >hook up your PB and Backup your settings and files (use the cable that came with your PB)
    >disconnect PB from USB and shut it off, wait about 1 min after you've powered it off
    >reconnect USB, there will be a pop-up, press update, wait for wipe and OS reinstall
    >Restore your settings and files with DM once it's done installing newest OS
    >Your PB should function much better than it had, borwser issues should be minimal, you'll still crash on certain websites but everything should run better than before.
    >Maybe you'll decide you won't want to sell it afterwards, I've found new ways to use the PB weekly sometimes daily, ...Good Luck
    01-30-12 06:19 PM
    I bought the 32gig for a christmas present for myself. Other than the usual tablet stuff, I play old school tabletop rpg's with some friends. I put all the books I need into pdf and store them all on the playbook. Character sheets are done in excel, and with a few dice rolling apps available, the playbook is the only thing I need to bring to game night now (other than snacks, and i still enjoy rolling real dice).
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-30-12 08:16 PM
    I use mine less now as just bought a 10 inch Android from Asus. It blows the play book away apart from battery life
    n
    Relletti likes this.
    08-09-13 10:49 AM
    I use mine to randomly summon Cthulhuoid entities and sacrificing random people!
    08-09-13 07:35 PM
    I really just use mine to browse the web and stream music & videos from my cloud storage. I'm trying out the origami browser now so that may make me use my playbook a bit more now.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    08-09-13 10:08 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD