View Poll Results: Did you Install the new OS V1.0.8.4985 ??

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

120 88.24%
  • No way - Not yet!

16 11.76%
    Yes and will continue to install all official OS release from RIM
    11-27-11 05:55 PM
    It's been about 5 hours since I started this poll and the majority of you all have upgraded to the new OS. Yet a small number of people are still reporting some problems. I'm still not convinced there is any benefit yet? Anyone have a reason why this upgrade is worthwhile?
    Man wich threads are you reading beaides your own?

There's enough info available to make an educated decision.
    For the most of us, the upgrade means:
    - better wifi signal and performance
    - better bridge performance
    - better browser performance

For me the above positives are certainly a fact.

I say: This upgrade is a must have.
    11-27-11 06:00 PM
    Thanks Daruba,

I haven't had any problem with WiFi, bridge or browser performance. I'm a firm believer 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. So, I am very reluctant to make a new revision to the software after having been burned a few time with RIM OS changes. If the system allowed me to go back to a previous OS revision, I would change immediately. However, you're screwed if you don't like the update with the Playbook.

dg
    11-28-11 08:47 AM
    Updated to the new 2.0 before 1.08 came out, after about a week 2.0 is flawless, gives me the android apps I wanted (kindle and email) and all other things, games, bridge, wifi, browser work fabulously!!

If this is the sign of things coming I cannot wait for the next dev 2.0.... to be released.

Come on RIM!!
    11-28-11 09:21 AM
    Yes, and not a problem. I'll steer clear of that BETA OS that seems to generate beaucoup complaints, threads, and posts. I have the patience of a Trappist Monk, and don't like being a guinea pig, so I'll wait for the final 2.0 hard copy. That said, the current iteration of the OS is fine.
    11-28-11 09:27 AM
    Since I just made the decision to install the dev beta right before this OS was known I have not because so far I'm good with the dev beta.
    11-28-11 09:44 AM
    Why wouldn't you update ? Downloaded and installed on release day,no problems. As it contained some bug fixes and wasn't a beta release I couldn't think of a reason not to.
    11-28-11 12:22 PM
    Yes, Crackberry is among the internet's worst loading sites on any device.

Here's a tip for the hung load up: stop the load if it's hanging by hitting the "x" in the address bar and then reload by tapping the "circle arrow". That little trick will sort out the load hang most times.
    i just thought this was funny...lol...

anyway, i have updated and have not noticed too much change yet...will report any differences i see...looking forward to 2.0 and (and it's probable delay lol) but i still love blackberry until i die!
    11-28-11 03:02 PM
    Hmm, I was going to hold off a bit, afraid of messing up the WIFI like some people have reported but maybe I will give it a try, never had problems in the past.
    11-28-11 05:11 PM
    I waited to install the new OS until today. I installed it with Desktop Manager. I have been watching all the post about WIFI troubles. The installation went fine, and when the PB rebooted, WIFI connected without a hitch, bridge connected without a hitch. NO problems everything worked well and no problems. I had seen where some OTA upgrades were causing problem is the reason I upgraded with DM. Upgrade installed as it was suppose to. Anyone waiting on upgrading, I suggest GO FOR IT, but use Desktop manager.
    11-28-11 06:31 PM
    If you want to use a credit card to buy apps, then you have to update.

Before update, no go on purchasing an eBook reader app with a VISA card.

After update, used my VISA card to buy the critical piece to read my eBooks.

Works like a charm now.

Thanks for the update.

Was told by support that February 2012 was the target date for an update to get my PB to use a VISA card! Good to be surprised.
    11-28-11 06:36 PM
    Call me crazy, but I downloaded and installed the latest OS. And to my surprise, everything seems to be working just fine. Thanks for the input to all those that have gone before me!

DG
    11-28-11 06:42 PM
    downloading now
    11-28-11 07:46 PM
    Installed and works just fine.
    11-28-11 07:51 PM
    SO Nothing new was added to this update?
    11-28-11 08:14 PM
    First day using the new OS (1.0.8). All thing seem to be working just fine. I really don't notice any significant differences....And that's a good thing
    11-29-11 06:23 AM
    I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to 1.08.

After ensuring that my WiFi router can't do 802.N, I used the Desktop Manager route as I've read strange tales about the OTA upgrade route.

I was distinctly nervous before doing this because I'm unable to do a PB Backup (see different thread) and was very relieved when I saw the out-off focus disco lights on the PB screen after staring at a black screen for what seemed like an eternity!

No figures, but WiFi connection seems faster.
    11-29-11 07:43 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD