with the new update 1.06 that the screen doesn't time out while watching movies on websites?

awesome!
    06-22-11 06:54 PM
    No, because it never did before. Never had a problem with it going stand-by. The only time it went into standby before is if I was watching a video on a website not in full screen, is that what you're referring to?
    06-22-11 07:11 PM
    Mine would time out in full screen or minimized. Now it doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 07:16 PM
    Strange, at least its fixed for you now.
    06-22-11 07:28 PM
    Did you all realize that we dont even need a stupid Chipotle app on our playbooks..... We can order right from the website!!!!!

I freakin love this thing!!.
    06-22-11 11:41 PM
    Yes, this last update fixed the streaming movie timeout issue. For anyone who hasn't tried it, using the HDMI Out cable to your HDTV works great for watching streaming web content. Prior to the update I had to tap the screen every 5 minutes or it timed out, now it works perfect. By the way, Rocketstorm on the big screen with surround sound on is pretty funny...
    06-22-11 11:58 PM
    To bad they couldnt have done that with streaming the radio. That still times out.
    06-23-11 12:07 AM
    To bad they couldnt have done that with streaming the radio. That still times out.
    Really? Every time I play audio whether its through the PB's media or slacker radio, it never times out. I can't say the same for datpiff but I stopped using it. Slacker plays while the screen is off and you can still pause it. Besides, why do you need to see whats on the screen while u are only streaming music?
    06-23-11 12:24 AM
    Really? Every time I play audio whether its through the PB's media or slacker radio, it never times out. I can't say the same for datpiff but I stopped using it. Slacker plays while the screen is off and you can still pause it. Besides, why do you need to see whats on the screen while u are only streaming music?
    Sorry, I should have clarified my comments. I was referring to listening to radio stations through the browser (e.g., Shoutcast, News1130, Team1040 Radio, etc). If you listen to streams from within the browser, the time out kicks in every 5 minutes causing the device to go into suspend mode. I wasn't referring to listening through the Playbooks' own media player, Slacker App, Blackberry Podcast App, or any of the MediaFly Apps (collects various podcasts in one app). None of those go into suspend mode when playing content.

As to your last question, I dont need to see anything on screen when I'm streaming music. But I would like to be able to listen to more than 5 minutes of a radio station without having to constantly stroke my playbook.
    06-23-11 01:02 AM
    Sorry, I should have clarified my comments. I was referring to listening to radio stations through the browser (e.g., Shoutcast, News1130, Team1040 Radio, etc). If you listen to streams from within the browser, the time out kicks in every 5 minutes causing the device to go into suspend mode. I wasn't referring to listening through the Playbooks' own media player, Slacker App, Blackberry Podcast App, or any of the MediaFly Apps (collects various podcasts in one app). None of those go into suspend mode when playing content.

As to your last question, I dont need to see anything on screen when I'm streaming music. But I would like to be able to listen to more than 5 minutes of a radio station without having to constantly stroke my playbook.
    I like to stroke my playbook all day long. Every hour? 30 minutes? 5 minutes? Doesn't matter.
    06-23-11 01:20 AM
    strangely disgusting and yet amusing...in all honesty, i must confess the same enjoyment.
    06-23-11 02:07 AM

Yes, internet radio times out after 5 minutes. RIM's inability to fix this is what made me throw in the towel. Tune IN radio is one of my favorite Apps...but there is no PB App for this. BUT, the net version plays perfectly except for the timeout. ALOT of people use tablets to stream internet radio, and the PB's speakers, form factor, etc make this a great device for this purpose, again except for the timeout. How this eluded RIM for so long explains much about the companies woes. (I know of the "fixes" but that is not the point.)
    06-23-11 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD