Did Thorsten Heins read our threads?

That's my only question.

Thousands of PB users keep asking about the relase date of BB10 update for Playbook, but no word said to them from Thorsten or his team.
    Thousands of people just looking to know the release date, why BB dont give us an answer ?

I dont this famous firm dont have a plan of work for this year.

I wish i will have an answer for my question : Did Thorsten Heins read our threads?
    03-07-13 11:47 AM
    I really hope he does not waste his time doing so !

OK - let's be fair.
    He is a smart guy, I am SURE he does not waste his time on the forum.
    03-07-13 11:56 AM
    I'm sure Mr. Heins read this forum... he should have the Crackberry application installed on his Z10 and Q10... unfortunately, he probably believes that those complaints and dissatisfaction posts are from trolls...
    03-07-13 12:28 PM
    I think he may check it out now and then, but he has staff that keep him updated. His focus is running a multi-million dollar corporation.
    03-07-13 12:33 PM
    Probably has someone keeping tabs for him...he's a CEO.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and bbfan1040 like this.
    03-07-13 12:37 PM
    Heins already said that it's BlackBerry's priority to get rid of the current fragmentation and get the PlayBook on the BlackBerry 10 platform.
    03-07-13 12:38 PM
    Employees from BB do read the forums but I am not sure if Thorsten has time to really dive in.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-07-13 12:49 PM
    Did Thorsten Heins read our threads?

That's my only question.

Thousands of PB users keep asking about the relase date of BB10 update for Playbook, but no word said to them from Thorsten or his team.
    Thousands of people just looking to know the release date, why BB dont give us an answer ?

I dont this famous firm dont have a plan of work for this year.

I wish i will have an answer for my question : Did Thorsten Heins read our threads?
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. Somewhere some pb project manager has probably been tasked with coming up with a timeline. That is unless NO ONE is assigned to the pb and they are all assigned to getting out the bb10 devices, checking on bugs and updating it regularly. You'd hope there is someone at rim/bbry still working on the pb but this is rim.
    03-07-13 01:23 PM
    "Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook," CEO Thorsten Heins said while addressing a technology conference near the company's headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario.

MarketWatch News from March 7, 2013
    03-07-13 02:26 PM
    I hope no.
    With all people here saying that playbook is the perfect tablet, they won't bring any update or bb10
    03-07-13 02:48 PM
    Yes, he really isn't busy running a company and organizing global launching at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:52 PM
    Of course! A few years ago the CEO of telecom giant BT used to answer emails to himself from customers.....from his BlackBerry!!! Now that's customer care!!!!!
    03-07-13 05:21 PM
    Well, considering Steve Jobs used to reply personal emails with snarky comments...

I hope Heins doesn't forget what normal users think instead of listening to analysts or corporate figures. Being surrounded by potential yes-men in a huge layered bureaucracy like Blackberry, you can lose track of what customers really want, and those customers are the ones actually paying them.
    03-07-13 06:49 PM
    A smart CEO has people keeping tabs on consumer sentiment but won't get in the weeds by personally looking at forums. Heck, his own company has those. I'm with blueberrymerry that it is disaster for a CEO to surround himself with sycophants and yes-men. TH did assemble his own executive team. It is good to bring in people with a track record and a philosophy not too far removed from that of the CEO. The goals have to be aligned and the team has to be able to work together to move forward,
    Last edited by Enyigma; 03-08-13 at 07:36 PM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-07-13 07:53 PM
    I think the guy who open the topic means RIM/Blackberry by sayin Thorsten Heins... it's pretty obvious
    Enyigma likes this.
    03-07-13 08:30 PM
    I think this famous firm dont have a plan of work for this year, and maybe for 2 or 3 coming years. I think they have an answer for the release date. But why they dont share it ?
    03-08-13 03:47 AM
    I think this famous firm dont have a plan of work for this year, and maybe for 2 or 3 coming years. I think they have an answer for the release date. But why they dont share it ?
    Yes, most companies work with a business plan. However, they are quite vague and usually target quarters. Is it up to the project manager to have actual target dates and milestones. You as a consumer will never see this information as it is confidential. There was a leaked roadmap a while back:
    Leaked RIM roadmap suggests first BB10 devices in early 2013, Nashville and Naples later in the year | The Verge
    It has been pretty accurate with the LTE and Q10/Z10 launch. If you notice, the BB10 update for PB straddles Q1 and Q2. So the "latest" it could be is end of June. That is the best you are going to get. No one will quote you a specific date.
    03-08-13 08:16 AM
    Heins man you need to read and listen to me, when will Playbook BB10 be out, please let crackberry know as we customers deserve a date time to even look at so we can then decide if we want to wait or not.

And if you give a time frame, make damn sure you don't miss it by far.
    03-08-13 05:15 PM
    I would say there priority is right now to get the Q10 ready for launch with whatever updates they are working on. For example the development SDKs are updated for the Q10 release.

Plus whatever is missing or needs to be fixed in BB10 is being worked on first. Lets also not forget the US launch is still pending too so I think BlackBerry has bigger fish to fry first before a playbook upgrade.

But if Thorsten has shown one thing, is he sticks to his commitment and he did say the playbook will get BB10. So I am confident it will get it.

(And why not? It would a lot of applications to the Playbook and suddenly you don't have 2 facebook apps (BB10 and PBOS) to support, you just have one.)
    03-08-13 05:21 PM
    Demanding a timeline and then demanding it be extremely accurate is a contradiction. Software development is not like a production line - its exceedingly difficult to estimate.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:28 PM
    I'm more than happy with my Playbook. Only thing I would like from BLACKBERRY is fixing the lagging keyboard.
    BB10 will be great though, but I believe Thorsten have a business to run na at this time laser focus on sales and marketing is a must!
    03-08-13 05:30 PM
    I totally agree with you. But I had been in the business for while now and I also know that "done is better than perfect".

Demanding a timeline and then demanding it be extremely accurate is a contradiction. Software development is not like a production line - its exceedingly difficult to estimate.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:38 PM
    Frevvins sake, the Bb10 isn't even available in the U.S. yet! There are more important things for him to worry over. So give this CEO a break.
    03-08-13 05:54 PM
    As my professor always say that anything you cannot measure simply means you cannot manage it... if Mr. Heins estimated that BB10 will be released on the first month of 2013, it denote that they have a plan and that is measurable even in estimated time frame...

For PlayBook, they probably have a plan too i.e. "divine plan"... now it depends on faith... but I don't think that this divine plan is workable through prayers... it is probably depends on resources i.e. if they have available resources to do non-profitable production tasks...
    03-09-13 01:25 AM