hi,
    recently my uncle gave me this playbook.. i wanted to change the blackberry id but i need to do a system wipe to do that. i did this and now all apps are gone, the only one left is the browser, no app world, camera, photos etc. i had the latest os installed. how do i get the apps back? help will be very much appreciated.
    01-07-13 08:38 AM
    Apps are tied to bbid so naturally they would go away with a transfer of ownership. You would have to reinstall/purchase any apps from appworld. If appworld is gone then that's a prolem. I would plug your PB in to the computer, open desktop manager, reboot the PB and then select update on your pc. Hope that helps get some stuff back
    01-07-13 08:43 AM
    I would perform another security wipe on it. If they don't come back then (talking the basic apps, not purchased one) hook the PlayBook to your PC and download the new software. Similar to how you would do a BlackBerry device. Have you connected it to wifi to see if it shows you an OS update?
    I'd try another wipe. There are debrick instructions on this site that may help.
    Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    KermEd likes this.
    01-07-13 09:53 AM
    There is a camera issue that has been occurring since 2.0. After loading 2.0 then doing security wipe the camera stops working. It Happened to me and others but nobody seems to acknowledge this.
    01-07-13 05:53 PM
    There is a camera issue that has been occurring since 2.0. After loading 2.0 then doing security wipe the camera stops working. It Happened to me and others but nobody seems to acknowledge this.
    There have been threads on this, a few reboots has helped bring it back for some people, otherwise try another wipe and reload.
    01-07-13 05:59 PM
    Follow F2s instructions. That's the only way to get those critical non-appworld apps back

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 06:12 PM
    This YouTube video goes through the process very well, the guys a little goofy but covers it well..lol
    KermEd likes this.
    01-07-13 08:27 PM