I did a downgrade and my playbook is working better (in my opinion). Is there a way to disable the upgrade nags I keep getting or is there a way to stop my playbook from checking for updates?
    04-26-12 10:05 AM
    Sorry, you are going to have to put up with the messages. There is no way to stop the PB from checking.
    04-26-12 10:31 AM
    I guess it's a mixed bag... For me, the 2.0 update had a memory management issue that would cause the android app player to hog up memory and not give it back once it was closed. Also native apps weren't releasing memory upon closing, so this was causing apps to crash without warning. This has been fixed with the latest update.

There was also an issue with the browser crashing once the Ram was low which has also been fixed with this update. (Many have reported browser speed increases also)

I don't see any reason to not update. It's really a better update than the original 2.0.

I could be wrong, I'm no BB expert, but Unlike BB phones, the Wifi 7inch PlayBook is virtually the same tablet for everyone. There are no carrier issue differences that would make the experience different from one tablet to another. I don't understand how the OS can perform differently on one tablet vs another unless there is a hardware issue or something that was sideloaded and may effect one OS differently than another?
    Last edited by KOOLWATER; 04-26-12 at 01:02 PM.
    04-26-12 11:29 AM
    Sorry, you are going to have to put up with the messages. There is no way to stop the PB from checking.
    ok, thanks.

I wonder if I could use a firewall setting to block communication to/from a certain RIM IP address.
    Last edited by suzieque; 04-26-12 at 01:52 PM.
    04-26-12 01:45 PM
    I guess it's a mixed bag... For me, the 2.0 update had a memory management issue that would cause the android app player to hog up memory and not give it back once it was closed. Also native apps weren't releasing memory upon closing, so this was causing apps to crash without warning. This has been fixed with the latest update.

There was also an issue with the browser crashing once the Ram was low which has also been fixed with this update. (Many have reported browser speed increases also)

I don't see any reason to not update. It's really a better update than the original 2.0.

I could be wrong, I'm no BB expert, but Unlike BB phones, the Wifi 7inch PlayBook is virtually the same tablet for everyone. There are no carrier issue differences that would make the experience different from one tablet to another. I don't understand how the OS can perform differently on one tablet vs another unless there is a hardware issue or something that was sideloaded and may effect one OS differently than another?
    Exactly my experience...the upgrade had noticeably improved performance and the battery
    uncharged life. Clearly those who have experienced problems are dealing with something they have tinkered with.
    04-26-12 02:07 PM
    I did a downgrade and my playbook is working better (in my opinion). Is there a way to disable the upgrade nags I keep getting or is there a way to stop my playbook from checking for updates?
    may i ask how you were able to downgrade?.. what was your OS before downgrading? i had a problem with my pb running at 2.0.1.358 and i wanted to know if i can downgrade mine.

thanks!
    04-26-12 11:27 PM
    may i ask how you were able to downgrade?.. what was your OS before downgrading? i had a problem with my pb running at 2.0.1.358 and i wanted to know if i can downgrade mine.

thanks!
    the downgrade instructions are here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s2-0-a-718178/

you can either do a full OS downgrade, or just Android. Fairly simple.
    04-27-12 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD