If this is all Android, BlackBerry missed a big boat! This could have and should have been the PlayBook second breath. If the core of on the car is QNX, then someone please let the media know since this is leaving us with the impression that Audi will be running Android as their MMI.

I will not upgrade my Audi to and Android powered car!!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    01-10-14 08:01 AM
    I was so disappointed when I heard Audi went to Android.

I too will not upgrade my Audi to an Android powered car either!!
    01-10-14 08:28 AM
    Oh my!! This gadget looks so sweet!! I sincerely hope that BlackBerry & QNX has similar stuff in the works right now. Honestly if Benz came out with this type of gadget, Android or whatever OS, I will buy the car in heartbeat.
    WAKE UP BLACKBERRY & QNX!!!!!!
    01-10-14 08:49 AM
    Looks like a fantastic way of drawing your attention away from the task at hand, will suit audio drivers down to the ground.
    01-11-14 07:09 AM
    CRASH!!!!!
    01-11-14 11:00 AM
    I have navigation in my vehicle but there is way to much going on with this display. As mentioned this would be easy for many people to loose focus on the main task. It's a nice concept but there was no mention of voice control.
    01-12-14 10:48 AM
    Oh my!! This gadget looks so sweet!! I sincerely hope that BlackBerry & QNX has similar stuff in the works right now. Honestly if Benz came out with this type of gadget, Android or whatever OS, I will buy the car in heartbeat.
    WAKE UP BLACKBERRY & QNX!!!!!!

A reasonable response... LOL.

It looks fascinating, but it is a lot going on. I'd roll with one though...
    01-12-14 10:52 AM
    I think others are trying to catch up to QNX, they are a few years ahead of everyone else, they are the pioneers and are evolving the technology as shown in this video.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 20.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 11:12 AM
    I think others are trying to catch up to QNX, they are a few years ahead of everyone else, they are the pioneers and are evolving the technology as shown in this video.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 20.2.1.1925
    The problem is, as discussed in the most recent CrackBerry podcast is that seemingly no one is actually buying into the QNX Car Platform for Infotainment. Technology demos are great and being in more cars TODAY then anyone else is super. But when current customers are making announcements left and right (Audi for example) that they are going to use a competitors platform going forward, that does not bode well for QNX.

Who knew Ericsson made an embedded platform for the cloud connected car, but Volvo is using it in their new infotainment system. Maybe the Ericsson system is based on QNX, I have no idea, but what we need to hear less of if Garmin this, Ericsson that, Android this, and more QNX!

BlackBerry really need to start negotiating with Automakers and OEM's that use QNX to supply systems to automakers that they must adopt a "Powered by QNX" or something similar badge that is displayed on their products.
    01-12-14 11:35 AM
    I didn't see where MMI was changed to android. I think it is still QNX. The android tab is just connected to t-mobile cellular data via wifi hotspot. It isn't powering the MMI. There probably is an android app for the car speed monitoring, etc. but that's possible via android player technology in our PBs and BB10 devices.
    01-12-14 05:54 PM