I have an internal speaker problem and i called RIM and they told me that i have to sent my PlayBook to them. What do you think they would do? Repair it or Replace it? Its like if you listen to music you hear some sounds like when you are in an airoplane and your ear makes a poping sound as the ear pressure increases. Did anyone face this problem?
    05-18-12 05:05 AM
    Sorry to say no I haven't had any speaker issues but I would bet that it is probably an easy fix to swop out the speaker and replace with new one. Should be no worries.
    05-18-12 05:18 AM
    Its not that easy to change a speaker because of the wires, i dont really know.
    The most important thing for me is that it returns safely cause i love this device, i dont want it to come with a single scratch
    Last edited by Saif Beiruty; 05-18-12 at 05:25 AM.
    05-18-12 05:22 AM
    No i don't have that issue either. They will repair it if it's unfixable they will most likely replace it.
    05-18-12 05:26 AM
    Its not that easy to change a speaker because of the wires, i dont really know.
    The most important thing for me is that it returns safely cause i love this device, i dont want it to come with a single scratch
    No wires going to the speakers, there connected by friction connectors(saw this in a teardown video).

Simple fix that only requires to take the back off and replace the entire speaker bar on one side or both bars on both sides. More then likely though, they will just send you a new one.

Make sure you do a complete backup before you send it into RIM.
    05-18-12 06:35 AM
    I have an internal speaker problem and i called RIM and they told me that i have to sent my PlayBook to them. What do you think they would do? Repair it or Replace it? Its like if you listen to music you hear some sounds like when you are in an airoplane and your ear makes a poping sound as the ear pressure increases. Did anyone face this problem?
    The levels in your audio are too high that they are clipping at certain points causing the audio to make that popping noise.

I have this problems with movies like the newest Tron, and Transformers. So during the copying process I had to lower the audio level down to 95% from 100% and the popping noise went away.

Again it's not a issue with the Playbook itself.

PS. Also when I plugged in a head set to listen to the audio to see if it was the speakers I learned it wasn't as I could hear the popping noise through my head phones.
    05-18-12 06:41 AM
    I lowered the volume to almost 50 and i heard the popping plus when i used the head phones nothing happened
    05-18-12 06:50 AM
    No wires going to the speakers, there connected by friction connectors(saw this in a teardown video).

Simple fix that only requires to take the back off and replace the entire speaker bar on one side or both bars on both sides. More then likely though, they will just send you a new one.

Make sure you do a complete backup before you send it into RIM.
    I made a full backup. what do you mean most likely they will sent to u a new one? u mean a new playbook or the same playbook with new speakers?
    05-18-12 06:52 AM
    More then likely a new PB. It is possible they would fix it, but most people that have posted about sending theirs back to RIM have been sent new units.
    05-18-12 06:55 AM
    Sorry about that. seems like your speakers are damaged. The only issue I have ever had with the speakers was the sound being severely distorted - you couldn't make out a thing. A reboot fixed this though, so technically it was a software issue and not the speakers.
    05-18-12 07:03 AM
    Sorry about that. seems like your speakers are damaged. The only issue I have ever had with the speakers was the sound being severely distorted - you couldn't make out a thing. A reboot fixed this though, so technically it was a software issue and not the speakers.
    They told me to do a reboot and a full format and the issue stayed.
    05-18-12 07:11 AM
    If your Playbook is only a month or so old, ask for an express exchange and they will send you a new one. You then put your old one in the box the new one came in and ship it back. They will take a deposit on your credit card until the old unit is returned and verified not to be damage out of warranty, such as water damage or cracked screen.

One of my Playbooks had a faulty speaker jack. I had bought it as a spare when Telus had them on sale and hadn't tried the headphones until over a month after the purchase date. They repaired it and it looks like they may have put a new back cover on it as the BlackBerry logo and the camera had the plastic on them like a new unit.
    05-18-12 07:24 AM
    If your Playbook is only a month or so old, ask for an express exchange and they will send you a new one. You then put your old one in the box the new one came in and ship it back. They will take a deposit on your credit card until the old unit is returned and verified not to be damage out of warranty, such as water damage or cracked screen.

One of my Playbooks had a faulty speaker jack. I had bought it as a spare when Telus had them on sale and hadn't tried the headphones until over a month after the purchase date. They repaired it and it looks like they may have put a new back cover on it as the BlackBerry logo and the camera had the plastic on them like a new unit.
    You mean they returned the same playbook but with some new parts? Plus no need to ask for express exchange because everyone who had a problem they were mostly given a new playbook
    05-18-12 07:35 AM
    It is totally up to Rim's RMA dept to determine if they can fix the damaged one or ship out a new one. And they could repair the existing unit, replace it with a brand new unit or even send a fully tested refurbished unit. Unless you are permitted to do the Express Exchange (and I don't know that process).
    05-18-12 09:05 AM
    You mean they returned the same playbook but with some new parts?
    Yes, same PlayBook was returned with new parts. The back cover at least was new. I don't know if they replaced anything internally or just fixed a bad connection.

I think the people getting new Playbooks are ones that have just recently bought the PlayBook, were eligible for express exchange and refused the express exchange, or the PlayBook was not repairable.
    05-18-12 09:10 AM
    I lowered the volume to almost 50 and i heard the popping plus when i used the head phones nothing happened
    LOL

Your missing the point.. Did you re-encode the sound on your PC to 50% less volume and then copied it your Playbook or did you simply lower the volume on your Playbook? Lowering the volume on your Playbook doesn't fix the clipping issue as its encoded into the actual file itself.
    05-18-12 11:45 AM
    LOL

Your missing the point.. Did you re-encode the sound on your PC to 50% less volume and then copied it your Playbook or did you simply lower the volume on your Playbook? Lowering the volume on your Playbook doesn't fix the clipping issue as its encoded into the actual file itself.
    He said it doesn't happen with headphones, which would tend to point to the speakers.
    05-18-12 11:52 AM
    I tried the same song on my PlayBook and on my brothers iphone. On the iphone there was nothing but on my PlayBook there was stupid sounds. He kept making fun of me and that I buy stupid and bad stuff because blackberry sucks
    05-18-12 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD