So did anyone ever figure out how to sort photos on the Playbook? I've read through a bunch of old threads with no real results. The weirdest thing is that one of my folders is perfectly sorted, and the rest of them aren't even close.

The folder that is sorted is my most recent folder with photos from a recent trip. One camera over a couple of days.

Another folder is a mashup of 2-3 cameras and different naming styles. But even without the names, it's all over the place.

If the Playbook can't handle this... Does anyone know of some good apps to use for this very basic function. -_-
    04-04-12 09:18 PM
    PB is never very fond of sorting
    the browser cant sort bookmark
    the original File browser cant even copy/cut/sort
    the original music player can only have one playlist

I think RIM make most the original apps to be sucks so developer can easily create better app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    craigan likes this.
    04-04-12 09:43 PM
    Someone posted an app within the last week that was suppose to address this issue. I don't know if it works and/or how it supposedly works. Sorry but I do not recall its name.

I was just quickly peering inside the exif info and inside the file to see if there's something obvious that the pb uses - did not notice anything quickly. Date perhaps?
    04-04-12 11:50 PM
    What you can do for the moment is to use a file manager program and create a new folder in photos, then select the files you want to include and move them in that folder. The sorting inside the folder should be chronological or by name if you leave the original photo name assigned upon shooting the pic i guess.
    Hope this helps.
    04-05-12 12:44 AM
    Try Air Browser, works for me.
    04-05-12 01:54 AM
    Files and folders app works for me. You can try it as well.
    Innovatology likes this.
    04-05-12 05:05 AM
    Files and folders app works for me. You can try it as well.
    Seconded. Files and Folders is a great program. Its does cost money so I'm not sure if you're willing to pay for a program.
    Its too bad the pb doesn't do the things you need natively.
    Innovatology likes this.
    04-05-12 05:15 AM
    What you can do for the moment is to use a file manager program and create a new folder in photos, then select the files you want to include and move them in that folder. The sorting inside the folder should be chronological or by name if you leave the original photo name assigned upon shooting the pic i guess.
    Hope this helps.
    This is what works for me:

I only keep the very best shots. 'Film' is cheap these days .

When I add a folder to photos, I rename it with Air Browser, for example, 10-03-17 for pictures taken on Patrick's Day. If they are of a particular event, I may add a note of that to the filename after the date. Tbat way, each folder appears in Pictures in chronological order, showing a thumbnail of the first four photos that it contains.

I do not normally bother changing the filenames on photos except to select those I may particularly want as a thumbnail by putting a . as the first character.

Any further documentation goes in a text file in the same folder.
    04-05-12 07:07 AM
    Thanks! I'll try out some of the suggestions!
    04-05-12 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD