I am trying to access a website that I now have to use roughly 30x a day for work while in the field. Im very frustrated because the website seems to work fine, but the most vital part requires that i fill in a page of info. the problem is, on my pb... it doesnt let me scroll to the bottom half and therefore cuts off part of the page including the submit button. on a regular comouter, this wouldnt be a problem. any suggestion?
    01-16-12 06:03 PM
    Hereis exactly what I am talking about.
    01-16-12 06:10 PM
    It may be a simplistic answer, but what happens if you turn the Playbook to portrait on this particular website? At the least, that may let you see the entire dialog box.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-16-12 06:36 PM
    Hereis exactly what I am talking about.
    Looks like the browser has a problem with overlapping <div> elements. It looks like the z-order of the popup element is not set so that it is forced to the top of the pile of windows. I think that the CSS might need to be tweaked to get this to work across all browsers. If the site maintained by your org ask them to look at it see if they might be able to fix it.

You might also investigate if an alternative browser may be able to display the site properly. You appear to be running OS2 so perhaps a sideloaded android browser may do the trick.
    01-16-12 06:38 PM
    Try SimpleBrowser too. Overall, it's a great browser. There is a free version and a $1.99 version.
    01-16-12 06:48 PM
    Looks like the browser has a problem with overlapping <div> elements. It looks like the z-order of the popup element is not set so that it is forced to the top of the pile of windows. I think that the CSS might need to be tweaked to get this to work across all browsers. If the site maintained by your org ask them to look at it see if they might be able to fix it.

You might also investigate if an alternative browser may be able to display the site properly. You appear to be running OS2 so perhaps a sideloaded android browser may do the trick.
    Tried it on my 9900 browser as well as opera mini. same thing. so it must be the website itself right?
    diegonei likes this.
    01-16-12 06:54 PM
    tried portrait mode... same problem. is there any way to tab from the keyboard?
    01-16-12 06:58 PM
    No TAB from the keyboard.
    01-16-12 09:40 PM
    another good browser option is google chrome...
    01-16-12 10:31 PM
    another good browser option is google chrome...
    On the pb?
    01-17-12 09:48 PM
    that is the 2nd rec for chrome i have seen over the past few days! Funny
    01-17-12 10:29 PM
    Tried it on my 9900 browser as well as opera mini. same thing. so it must be the website itself right?
    It's probably the website. It might be interesting to check the website on as many different desktop browsers as you can - the site may work on some but not on others.Different browsers have different levels of compliance. Report any inconsistencies to the site admin. If the site doesn't work in any browser, it's definitely a bug in the html code.
    01-17-12 10:47 PM
    it works on google chrome. is there a way to get chrome on the pb?
    01-18-12 07:03 PM
    No way to get Chrome. The PlayBook browser uses the QNXStageWebView component, which is basically the only thing allowed (for now?) by RIM on the PlayBook. All the PlayBook browsers use it, and they apparently would reject an app which attempted to use some other browser component instead of it.

That means for this sort of problem you probably have no option except to try to get whoever makes the web site to "fix" it (assuming it's "broken"... that could well be something they would argue it's not, and you'd be stuck).
    01-18-12 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD