hello, i am new to BB and the PB

i have connected it to my pc and installed the device manager but it doesn't open, where have i gone wrong?
    02-06-12 06:29 AM
    You can try UNinstalling it and reinstall. What computer platform, type of Windows OS or Mac? What happens - nothing at all?
    02-06-12 09:38 AM
    You can try UNinstalling it and reinstall. What computer platform, type of Windows OS or Mac? What happens - nothing at all?
    Thank you for your reply F2 i have Windows Vista and when i click on it i get the "thinking Circle" but then nothing happens trying to donwload it from the BB website now so i'll see whether that works
    02-06-12 09:45 AM
    I've got VistaHome64 and it has worked for me. Somewhere I found a link to the V. 7.xxx beta which I've also been using for a while but the 6.xxx also worked.

Ah, found the link: Use at your own risk!

Leaked BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0.0.32 – No Keycode Needed | OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB
    02-06-12 10:20 AM
    I also had problems getting Desktop Manager to work properly with me. Turns out it was a bad install. Make sure you do all your windows updates and uninstall DM. Restart computer. Install latest version of DM directly from blackberry website.. Restart pc.
    02-06-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD