So developers seem to be forgetting about us, releasing updates that are no longer compatible with PB, releasing apps for BB10 only, etc....So how about when we get BB10, we forget them. Let's boycott development groups and developers who forgot about us. Show them that we were still relevant as they pushed us to the side.

Honestly I'm about at the point where I'm gonna boycott everything BB, just like I do Apple and Google. Go back to a simpler, lower tech existence. Probably better than waiting for an update to come that probably never will, while the app gap between PB and BB10 widens. We'll see.

(Thanks xSacha, for releasing a new Wesnoth .bar

But did you have to make ppsspp only for BB10 starting with 0.7.5 when it was so close to awesome? I have been testing games all week, and was starting to post my findings, but what's the point now?

Straw that broke the camels back, yo)
    04-14-13 02:35 PM
    You gotta be kidding me...
    04-14-13 03:15 PM
    whatever works for ya
    00stryder and jamesharmeling like this.
    04-14-13 03:46 PM
    genius idea
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-14-13 05:52 PM
    You gotta be kidding me...
    Nope, not kidding, why would you think I am? Maybe a little about an app gap widening, it's not very wide for me that I know of (maybe others feel differently based on their needs, I don't know, for me it's just a few things really) but there really is no incentive for devs to keep developing for the current PB OS, is there?

As for boycotting BB, I don't have the money to buy a new device, a new phone right now or new tablet when that comes out (not saying that it will come before BB10 for PB), to enjoy BB10. I wouldn't have the one I'm using if it wasn't for the awesome people here at Crackberry who donated this one to me after my first one was stolen. I don't expect to be in a position where I can afford such anytime soon either. I have to wait for them to release BB10 for my PB. And while they take their sweet time, without giving anything other than vague "It will be here eventually" type statements devs are giving up on the dead end that is the PB OS. It's frustrating. And can begin to make one feel kinda like their being toyed with. (I can just see some BlackBerry (company, not third party)developer pushed off to some corner space thinking "Haha, taking my sweet a** time, that's what those PB owners get for being loyal to us!" (being completely facetious there, don't take it seriously)). I don't like that feeling, especially when during their time of crisis, while everyone treated RIM like a sinking ship, I was that guy who would deride Apple and Google users to their face for the fact that Apple treats them like little children who are going to break their devices if left to their own devices (pardon the pun), and Google just wants to advertise to them and data-rape their minds through their all pervasive data mining ecosystem. All the while touting the values of RIM, from the better security, their semi-open market that wasn't full of fart apps, and the respect one feels when a company treats you like an adult and let's you find ways to do what you want within the capabilities of a device that you have paid them multiple hundreds of dollars for. I made myself into their ad man (ho) and I don't generally do that for any company. So I feel the way I feel about it, and I am sure i'm not the only one (not that it matters if I am, I don't change my opinions to go with a group, I have to thank my 1980's US Public Education for instilling the value of being yourself no matter what, even if it means holding an unpopular opinion, for that).

Now, xSacha is an awesome dev and gives most work out for free. I wouldn't boycott xSacha, but the release of ppsspp 0.7.5 being only for BB10 is what made me realize that I don't want to pay companies like Rovio for Angry Birds Star Wars (for example) or rebuy a bunch of apps I already paid for(which some devs have been doing, from what I have read here on the forums). Maybe it's just that these grapes taste more sour today because I'm feeling the onset of sickness, but that was the thing that made me even feel like wasting the energy to post something that has been bothering me since I noticed CatalystG released new versions of PCSX and Mupen64 for BB10 (PCSX is pretty good except for lacking the ability to switch disks, but Mupen64 needs some work). These are free apps. If it bothers me that free apps are even being excluded from my ecosystem, how much do you think paid apps being excluded from my ecosystem bother me?
    04-14-13 06:20 PM
    It seriously isn't that bad is it?
    04-14-13 06:30 PM
    You can't really blame developers. OS2 is on the way out.
    Your frustration should be directed at BB if you feel they are moving too slow. I share that feeling by the way.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-14-13 06:38 PM
    Not very realistic or practical attitude, IMO. Developers need to concentrate where the money is. And right now it is BB!0. You boycott them, you might as well switch to Android or iOS.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    04-14-13 06:49 PM
    You can't really blame developers. OS2 is on the way out.
    Your frustration should be directed at BB if you feel they are moving too slow. I share that feeling by the way.
    Personally I think the developers are prepping for OS10 on the PlayBook. It has to be coming soon, right?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-14-13 06:57 PM
    Personally I think the developers are prepping for OS10 on the PlayBook. It has to be coming soon, right?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    The latest offcial word is before the end of the year. So sometime in the next 8 months.

I was epecting it around this time. Someone at BB said at end of last year. "shortly after the release of the Z10".
    04-14-13 07:02 PM
    Developers at this point would rather wait until the SDK for BB10 on the PlayBook is released rather than work with older dev tools.
    04-14-13 07:16 PM
    Worst idea of all time!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    tjseaman likes this.
    04-14-13 07:39 PM
    honestly the issue is going to be with BB at this point IMO. They have to get bb10 on the PB and give the devs the bb10/playbook tools. I dont blame the devs for not keeping up with their apps on the PB when BB themselves are treating it like they are.
    Barracuda7772 and rthonpm like this.
    04-14-13 08:32 PM
    Worst idea of all time!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Agreed. This is not a good idea as most BlackBerry users want apps. Boycott the developers and we won't get apps for BB10 which includes the PlayBook own the road. This won't help at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:48 PM
    The latest offcial word is before the end of the year. So sometime in the next 8 months.

I was epecting it around this time. Someone at BB said at end of last year. "shortly after the release of the Z10".
    Wow, that soon. I don't think I can contain myself - let's party - sometime in the next 8 months!
    kbz1960 and anon(4067838) like this.
    04-14-13 08:52 PM
    Boycotting developers will not help your case.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 08:53 PM
    What nonsense!

"Buy" some apps. "Support" our developers. Give them "incentive" to want to keep developing for BB10!
    04-14-13 08:54 PM
    honestly the issue is going to be with BB at this point IMO. They have to get bb10 on the PB and give the devs the bb10/playbook tools. I dont blame the devs for not keeping up with their apps on the PB when BB themselves are treating it like they are.
    Awesome! Thanks for weighing in! Way better than " Whatever works for ya ".

I like conversations. Didn't think I was gonna get one after the first couple replies, that's why I elaborated in the next post I did. Yeah I know it's really all on BB I was just irritated that xSacha had released ppsspp 0.7.5 and it no longer supports PB, when he had released 0.7.4 four days ago and it supported PB. I tend to go into ad absurdum mode when I am irritated about something, it's a fun philosophical exercise that ends with me seeming like an a** alot of the time. I'm not really that much of one. But it tends to lead to actual conversations.

I might really go neo-luddite though. Cut back on all tech from before 1996. I already don't have phone service what's really the point of having my Bold 9900, other than a music player and camera? Sell it on ebay, along with my PB, for 1 dollar cause lord knows I don't want to profit off these evil devices that are killing us by disturbing our bodies molecular electromagnetic stability with their wifi and cellular signals, leading to an early death from cancer. Find some Win95 disks, dig out an old computer with a dial up modem and I'm set! (This is ad absurdum, for those who dont recognize it. If I believed what I just said, I wouldn't use any electronics and would go out in the woods and dig a hole deep underground to live in).
    04-14-13 09:08 PM
    What nonsense!

"Buy" some apps. "Support" our developers. Give them "incentive" to want to keep developing for BB10!
    I do buy apps. I object to rebuying 1's and 0's though. Or paying for intellectual copyright more than once. And I object to paying for something everyone else had a chance to get for free (Angry Birds Star Wars) just because BB drags their feet.

In a capitalist society, if a consumer is not happy they are supposed to quit using something. If enough of them are unhappy and stop using something, then it becomes no longer feasible for the producer to keep producing. They fail, and a void is left. That void is then filled by someone who produces what the consumer wants. So boycotting devs who forget the Playbook, for forgetting the PB, is what a consumer should do to express their displeasure with them, just like boycotting BB is a way to express displeasure with how they treat PB users. And boycotting Apple and Google and Microsoft (won't pay for a Microsoft product at least) is how to express displeasure with them (I boycott all three (well new products from Microsoft I still have XP but that's it and I don't plan on ever upgrading)). And if we boycotted all four, and they all failed, then someone would fill the void and give us something new and awesome that does what we want.

Do you not understand capitalism?
    04-14-13 09:22 PM
    With the BB10 user base exceeding the legacy PBOS community, the blame for feeling left behind is squarely on Blackberry for fragmenting the market and not the developers targeting the segment where the users will be found. As each day passes, the Playbook total base continues to drop due to tablets being abandoned or collecting dust by users moving to BB10 devices. Even with the existing residual inventory of tablets, as existing units are damaged or no longer functioning, they are continuously going out of circulation and cannot be replaced since there have been no more production runs. We have to accept that apps will stagnate on the legacy tablet platform. Kicking the former RIMs *** is where the customer attention should be directed until they harmonize the market with BB10 or they just give us the finger since it is cheaper than putting any more effort on delivering and supporting a relatively small audience.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-14-13 09:24 PM
    Welcome PB users, now you get to feel the pain that WebOS, Symbian and Meego fans went through after being abandoned by first and third party developers. If you're missing an app, don't gripe, code it!

I think the developers you're talking about went BB10-only because it's easier to work with the BB10 SDK with Momentics or Qt Creator - it's a one stop shop for design, development and deployment. Devs can keep the C++ logic from their older apps and update the UI using Cascades and Qt .

The Playbook's NDK is a dead end, it's only good for C++ if you don't mind re-inventing the wheel or you could use snail slow Adobe Air. I got the latest Qt and QML working on the Playbook but it meant days compiling everything by hand. I still don't have native widgets like Cascades so I had to modify some Symbian components... a Cascades backport to PB would be interesting. As a developer, I want to jump in and make apps, not having to spend time making the app that will make my apps

In short, I guess most developers are just waiting for BB10 and the related SDK to come out for PB. It's not worth the effort to make separate apps for PB and BB10 when they could just wait a few months (Thorsten, you promised...) and get a multi-platform BB10 development environment.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 09:37 PM
    As someone who put a lot of development effort into the Playbook after they announced 2.0 and Qt on the platform, I think that the target of your anger should be TheCompanyFormerlyKnownAsRIM and not app developers. Devs on the playbook have been put on the backburner since BB10 was announced. No access to USB or BT apis, no Cascades, bugs/feature requests being pushed forward to 'it'll be fixed/featured on BB10', a **** Blackberry World app store... the list goes on. If RIM left the Playbook to stagnate, why would any developers stick around?

I would have even paid for a BB10 upgrade on the device if they released it alongside the Z10 to give the thing some life. But as it stands? She's dead as a doorknob.
    04-15-13 07:06 AM
    So developers seem to be forgetting about us, releasing updates that are no longer compatible with PB, releasing apps for BB10 only, etc....So how about when we get BB10, we forget them. Let's boycott development groups and developers who forgot about us. Show them that we were still relevant as they pushed us to the side.
    Try it. I think you'll find out how irrelevant Playbook owners are.
    We have some very good app developers working on a dying platform.

Blackberry told the world that BB10 was coming to the Playbook. Developers believed that.
    Just because you see an update doesn't mean that it applies to you. Some updates to an app are just the ability to run in BB10. This has no bearing on the older version of the app.
    04-15-13 08:49 AM
    I'll give you my thought.

I want to buy a Playbook (I dislike android and apple) but without some apps, it'll be useless.

That apps I need, it'll be on BB10 (I think/hope). They know that BB Playbook didn't sell well, the have to improve this before lunch another.

we need to send mail for blackberry insisting that we need more. And pray for it
    04-15-13 09:21 AM
    Personally i think the tell-tale sign BB10 is coming to the playbook is when you see the SDK tools made available on the developer website.

Until then, why develop apps for the playbook for the current OS?

But man....when i look at the New Arrivals sections in the PB app world, its like strolling through a flea market, or that pathetic forgotten mall every town seems to have where the food court is home to the dregs of society.
    Bbnivende and rthonpm like this.
    04-15-13 12:17 PM
90 123 ...