Adobe Flash Platform just tweeted that you can create Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS & iOS apps with 1 platform with this update.

Since I'm not developer I really don't know what will be the difference between past and now.

Waiting your comments to get the idea: Is this mean that you can create one app working on all 3 platforms? O_o

Original Tweet:
    RT "@Flash_Platform: #Adobe @Flex & #Flash Builder 4.5 updates are here! Create #Android, #BlackBerry Tablet OS & #iOS apps with 1 platform! http://bit.ly/ipEdZR"
    For more info visit: businesswire.com
    Last edited by rroyy; 06-20-11 at 05:20 AM.
    lyricidal and yzf.shaun like this.
    06-20-11 05:14 AM
    from what I've read - this should be make it much easier to make an app for all 3 platforms using the same code set (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a developer, but looking into it )

This is great news for PlayBook users, as I'd imagine porting apps just got a whole lot easier to do, which means more apps
    06-20-11 06:47 AM
    Doesn't really change anything for PlayBook or Android, but now iOS developers get in on the full set of tools as well. This is the capability that Adobe put on hold when they were having their Flash/Flex/Air/SDK spat with Apple. Apple later relented.
    06-20-11 02:07 PM
    Is it possible to develop Flex/AIR apps without buying the Flash Builder? I prefer to code in just a text editor with a commanf line compiler and write a Makefile for my projects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 02:25 PM
    Is it possible to develop Flex/AIR apps without buying the Flash Builder? I prefer to code in just a text editor with a commanf line compiler and write a Makefile for my projects.

Wow, old school! I've become addicted to Eclipse and such tools after years of Emacs and Makefiles! I don't know much about Adobe Flex/AIR stuff, but I think it's all integrated into the builder. I could be wrong...
    06-20-11 02:32 PM

If you're that serious, don't waste your time with Adobe's technology (which is directed at creampuff developers). Go native and do something meaningful. Command line all the way!
    semicoln likes this.
    06-20-11 03:43 PM
    If you're that serious, don't waste your time with Adobe's technology (which is directed at creampuff developers). Go native and do something meaningful. Command line all the way!
    I'd like to go native but we don't have the tools yet! And it sounds like if you don't want to do a custom UI you will have to write in AIR anyway and call native code from that. Figured I might as well get started on the UI.
    06-20-11 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD