I've checked the agenda for DevCon day 3 and it looks a lot like the Day 2 agenda.

Does anyone know if there is any big final speech to close out DevCon? You'd think if there was, this is where they'd show off something (if they were going to show anything at all on a day other than day 1).......?

From a developer's perspective, this DevCon was huge! However, the lead-up to it by the CEOs and everyone else made it seem like there would be stuff in it for the general consumer as well. No disappointment here, but a final day surprise would be nice!
    10-20-11 07:23 AM
    It's Devcon, they have been showing off stuff since the first day. You mean you want to see a new what exactly?

Think you are getting Devcon and CES confused.
    menaknow and jesse_h like this.
    10-20-11 07:27 AM
    Maybe they will announce a new line of stickers to spice up the back of our Playbooks, even that seems farfetched at this point....
    10-20-11 07:28 AM
    It's Devcon, they have been showing off stuff since the first day. You mean you want to see a new what exactly?

Think you are getting Devcon and |CES confused.
    A timetable of when we can see os2 released.
    10-20-11 07:28 AM
    What is new from DevCon Americas ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    eanjr1964 likes this.
    10-20-11 07:29 AM
    I doubt anything will happen today.

I learned a very simple rule from following RIM. When one of RIM's CEOs says anything about the timing of when something will happen, it almost never happens when they say it will happen.

Defer to this rule any you will never be disappointed.
    Already announced day 1 - another 60 days. You can take that with the same grain of salt as when they said that the last time.
    RIM announce Playbook at last year's Devcon. This has been pointed outmany times already. Also, Lazaridis said that the new features of OS 2.0 would be demonstrated at Devcon.

Stop pretending that things are going off according to plan.
    10-20-11 07:31 AM
    Already announced day 1 - another 60 days. You can take that with the same grain of salt as when they said that the last time.
    When was that said?
    10-20-11 07:32 AM

An official demonstration of OS2 would be nice, however I doubt it'll happen at this point. Just the fact that they were demo-ing apps running on OS2 without giving an actual demonstration of the features of that new OS seems weird to me. Why not at least talk about it and generate more buzz....? The Beta was a good idea, but they should highlight the major updates that will come in the consumer release to calm the public perception.
    10-20-11 07:32 AM
    RIM announce Playbook at last year's Devcon. This has been pointed outmany times already. Also, Lazaridis said that the new features of OS 2.0 would be demonstrated at Devcon.

Stop pretending that things are going off according to plan.
    Things are not going to plan. That is my point. The new features of 2.0 were demonstrated at Devcon. You are kind of all over the map.
    10-20-11 07:34 AM
    An official demonstration of OS2 would be nice, however I doubt it'll happen at this point. Just the fact that they were demo-ing apps running on OS2 without giving an actual demonstration of the features of that new OS seems weird to me. Why not at least talk about it and generate more buzz....? The Beta was a good idea, but they should highlight the major updates that will come in the consumer release to calm the public perception.
    Again, CES and Devcon are not the same thing. Beta was not meant for consumers. It was meant for devs.
    10-20-11 07:35 AM
    When was that said?
    Google and Youtube are your friend
    10-20-11 07:36 AM
    Things are not going to plan. That is my point. The new features of 2.0 were demonstrated at Devcon. You are kind of all over the map.
    Really? OS 2.0 may have been shown and a beta released but the new features are no where to be seen. Where is mail? Whare are Contacts? Where is Calendar? Where is the Enhanced Web browsing? Where is the enhanced Bridge? These are the things that Lazaridis spoke about. If any of these things have been demonstrated, I must have missed it.
    10-20-11 07:39 AM
    Again, CES and Devcon are not the same thing. Beta was not meant for consumers. It was meant for devs.
    Devs don't want to know if certain features will be part of OS2?
    iamdjpaul and eanjr1964 like this.
    10-20-11 07:41 AM
    You are the only one making this claim. If you know of any video, please provide a link.
    kyleheney likes this.
    10-20-11 07:41 AM
    Links are your friend.......
    10-20-11 07:42 AM
    Who cares what Lazaridis said anyway?!? RIM has never lived up to what they promised in the past so what makes anyone think that would change now? If they had said next Tuesday would you really expect it to be ready on time? They are obviously way behind schedule in general and I for one would rather they release a completed 2.0 upgrade when its ready and not in bits and pieces that are missing features and are implemented poorly.
    10-20-11 07:44 AM
    So they said 60 days from Tuesday before 2.0 will be out? There goes this holiday season and maybe RIM.

I've spent my money and use the playbook every day on the go but I would still like what has been said is coming for months now. I will continue to use it and wait but if the wait is long enough I'm afraid there will be no more RIM and I'll have to find the next product that is right for me.

At this point in time I don't care anymore when it comes as long as it does and it is good! I just hope it isn't too little way too late. I know many all ready feel it is. That remains to be seen.
    10-20-11 07:47 AM
    Who cares what Lazaridis said anyway?!? RIM has never lived up to what they promised in the past so what makes anyone think that would change now? If they had said next Tuesday would you really expect it to be ready on time? They are obviously way behind schedule in general and I for one would rather they release a completed 2.0 upgrade when its ready and not in bits and pieces that are missing features and are implemented poorly.
    Agreed. However, an official demo of the features they're working on would be nice... I agree that they have to get it right though and they shouldn't rush it, but the fact that they weren't trying to hide that they were using PlayBooks running OS2 to demo apps at DevCon on day one, and that they didn't formally announce it and its features, is really weird to me.
    You are the only one making this claim. If you know of any video, please provide a link.
    They did not make an official announcement. Haven't seen any video. I didn't make the claim.

60 days
    summer of 2012
    End of June 2012

Those are the dates that being thrown around. Do I believe it. Not even a bit. At the end of the day, I don't really care. Stop running like a chicken without a head and do some reading and viewing of some of the stuff that is coming out of the Devcon. Devs are tweeting as well as some fans. Videos are popping up on youtube with various claims being made, as well as demos of 2.0 and what exactly is being included with the Beta release.

Search for 'BlackBerry Devcon 2011'
    Last edited by Oniberry; 10-20-11 at 07:50 AM.
    They did not make an official announcement. Haven't seen any video. I didn't make the claim.

60 days
    summer of 2012
    End of June 2012

Those are the dates that being thrown around. Do I believe it. Not even a bit. At the end of the day, I don't really care. Stop running like a chicken without a head and do some reading and viewing of some of the stuff that is coming out of the Devcon. Devs are tweeting as well as some fans. Videos are popping up on youtube with various claims being made, as well as demos of 2.0 and what exactly is being included with the Beta release.

So you're claiming that others are claiming that they've heard that this BETA OS2 will be around for 9 months?! Seems very plausible..............
    10-20-11 07:51 AM

60 days
    summer of 2012
    End of June 2012

Those are the dates that being thrown around. Do I believe it. Not even a bit. At the end of the day, I don't really care. Stop running like a chicken without a head and do some reading and viewing of some of the stuff that is coming out of the Devcon. Devs are tweeting as well as some fans. Videos are popping up on youtube with various claims are being made.

What did you mean when you said "Google and Youtube" are my friend in response to my question about your claim that an announcement of "60 days" was made on Day 1 of Devcon?

If it happened just provide a link because no one else knows what you are talking about.
    10-20-11 07:51 AM
    I've watched the Devcon 2011 videos, none say 60 days. Please post a link, otherwise your bs'ing...
    10-20-11 07:53 AM
    What did you mean when you said "Google and Youtube" are my friend in response to my question about your claim that an announcement of "60 days" was made on Day 1 of Devcon?

If it happened just provide a link because no one else knows what you are talking about.
    Sorry I have seen a lot of videos from devcon (you seem to think these are from RIM, they are not) They are from attendees and some of the fans that are attending. I don't usually post links to various youtube channels, but you can search for yourself on youtube for Devcon 2011. You can sift through the dozens of videos. Again, it was not a RIM employee nor have I seen/heard anything from a RIM employee. The first video I watched was the Adobe video detailing what their new versions of Adobe Player and Air 3 or something, then just kept following links. Most of the information, true or not is from Twitter. You can aalways open your twitter account and search for #Devcon
    10-20-11 07:59 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD