Kuttysark, thanks for sharing all of these with us.
    can you ask that what is the PB's battery life.
    that is the most important thing i would like to know.many thanks.
    I'm not 100% on the battery life, they simply quoted the alread posted 10 hours continuous use talking point. I can say, Most of the playbooks they had were being used the whole day and didn't get recharged.
    04-02-11 03:53 PM
    I agree. It looks like we will have to wait until we get the device (or just before) to find out a lot of things. I just saw it posted on the CB blog that USB OTG won't be on the device at launch, but they are looking into adding it. If that's the case, why didn't the RIM reps say that to Kuttysark instead of saying there will be no host mode at all.
    I'm not sure. I know the device is capable of it. I think all it would take is for them to make the API's.

But I think we are all missing the bigger picture, the reason the device doesn't have native email and calender or USB host mode is in my belief, security for the moment. I think once they can figure out to employ these features while maintain data and device security, they will deploy it.
    04-02-11 04:00 PM
    I'm not 100% on the battery life, they simply quoted the alread posted 10 hours continuous use talking point. I can say, Most of the playbooks they had were being used the whole day and didn't get recharged.
    Surely that in itself is a good sign as you can be sure the demo units at the conference are getting seriously put through their paces.
    04-02-11 04:01 PM
    Oh one other take away point from the conference was about NFC (Near Field Communication). They said though the spec says the maximum distance is 10cm, but it is not impossible for the link under certain conditions to be farther, and so to be sure you didn't use NFC as some sort of extra layer of security.
    04-02-11 04:03 PM
    Surely that in itself is a good sign as you can be sure the demo units at the conference are getting seriously put through their paces.

I agree. Also, I think this is an area for app developers to make some serious cash. For example, on my Samsung Laptop, you can enable a battery saver option, which charges the batter to 80% and then stops charging, and will not continuously charge the battery if it is plugged in until it gets to 70 percent or so. They have found this greatly extends the battery life beyond the 1000 full charges it can carry.

I know, if I have to sacrifice a hour or less of use to extend the life of my product. I will probably do it.
    04-02-11 04:06 PM
    That`s great to hear!
    04-02-11 05:49 PM
    Yes, it does. I might even say better.
    Thanks again!

Wow! The PB looks more and more promising each passing day.
    04-02-11 11:54 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD