To all of you developers looking for a real wanted apps.

I have gone a couple times through the apps and I mean every apps yet I still didn't found what I need. The reason why I'm writing this is because I am not the only one searching for a real funcionnal coaching apps.

My job is to coach Lacrosse and Hockey and on top of that I follow coaches, I teach them how to coach, I give formation and I need that apps to help me do my job.

I love my PlayBook, I carry it everywhere. Before I used to carry binders, books and docs but now, everything, all my tools are in my PB. References, documentation, forms, etc, it's all in there and I love it. I can now take video of my coaches, games situation, etc and show them ... WOW

But I still lack an application to enter my notes, my practices, comments, games reflections, etc. In my mind it is so simple...

If there is a developer out there willing to help me and many other coaches I would gladdly work with him, helping him develop what the coaches need.

I need a way to follow my different teams in a sort of book where I can write and post pictures, videos, etc.
    Since i'm not the only one coaching different teams, I need different ''book'' for every teamsand every years (makes it easier to search for info). As an exemple : Dynamique-Jr AA 2005, MAHG 2012, Desjardins-Farnham 2009, etc.

I have tried all hockey apps and they are great apps but not goos for doing a good coaching tool.
    04-09-13 12:57 PM
    This is an excellent request. Couple of questions, in what format do you want to be able to do this? Do you want something akin to a calendar (or perhaps in the calendar itself?) or would you prefer something else that has your games, teams, and acts as a bit of a database?
    04-09-13 01:00 PM
    this would be an intresting app. It would be great if you could use it for any sport. BTW OP have you heard of hudl? Im not sure at which level you coach lacross but Hudl is one of the top used tools amongst college sports. You can do things such as draw up plays, breakdown film, and create accounts for all of your athletes, or in your case for other coaches also. I know they have an ios and a google play app, maybe with bb10 starting to get rolling, they will bust out a true blackberry app. Be sure to check out hudl, it may help you. If not, I would love to test out a new coaching app. I currently coach special olympics and H.S FB!

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 3G - Sprint
    Tweet Me! - @TylerJNelson32
    BBM Me! - 32A586F1
    04-09-13 01:11 PM
    A calendar would be nice but if i speak for my self, what I have right now.. I post my games and practice in a calendar so I can see my month, who i'm playing against, etc... but that calendar mus allow me to type in easily so if the integration with the actual PB calendar is easy that would ne awesome.

But I DO NEED that booklet way kind of format. As an exemple, let's say I want to understand why that team is not scoring... I can easily browse through my pages and see if it's because of the way we practice (because there is comments to everything)m is it the oponent it self who is strong, etc.

If you want more info or exemple don't hesitate
    04-09-13 01:27 PM
    I'll check hudl for sure... But from what i understand, it need internet acces... In arena, i don't have internet... It must be local.

Thanks
    04-09-13 01:29 PM
    hudl is not good for me... 'cause out on the field I don't have internet...
    04-09-13 01:59 PM
    hudl is not good for me... 'cause out on the field I don't have internet...
    oh okay. Ill make sure to keep an eye out for anything that might work. If worse come to worse, you can always grab a hotspot app or something along those lines. The big advantage to hudl is that each athlete can review game and practice film, make highlights, and leave notes for coach. As a football player, the ability to get the film and learning my opponents weakness is hugely important and helpful. Im not to sure about your sport, since i know close to 0 about lacrose haha.

BBM Me! - 32A586F1
    04-09-13 08:55 PM
    You don't NEED apps, fagg0t!

Exactly the reason Pre-teens shouldn't have internet access. Grow up little girl.

BBM Me! - 32A586F1
    04-09-13 08:57 PM
    oh okay. Ill make sure to keep an eye out for anything that might work. If worse come to worse, you can always grab a hotspot app or something along those lines. The big advantage to hudl is that each athlete can review game and practice film, make highlights, and leave notes for coach. As a football player, the ability to get the film and learning my opponents weakness is hugely important and helpful. Im not to sure about your sport, since i know close to 0 about lacrose haha.

Thanks for all your input TylerJNelson32, I appreciate...

Coaching footbal, Basketball, Hockey or LaCrosse is about the samething. Every coaches have their own method proved and tested by them. In your case, you have learned and tested hudl and you've learn to use it and work that certain way. For anotheer coach, it will be completely different.

For me I have worked a certain way for roughly 24 years (yeah not making me younger). I have tried couple of project apps (conq, evernote (this was the best of all but need internet access), get it done, Journal Notes, Groovy Note (was not bad but), etc.)... I think I might be a bit peeky... Don't know!

Most ''sports'' apps focus on drills drawing but it's not necessary what most of coaches want. Of course the ability to be able to draw drill and save them on the fly is useful but not mandatory if we can draw them on on template and take a picture or PDF of it after.

I need something to easily follow my notes... Last nights I counted my ''season books', can you believe I have coached and took notes of 43 teams in hockey and 12 of LaCrosse and about 100 of coaches. And they are all still useful for me. Let's say I'm having this certain problem... I know that I've seen something like this in the past. So I take my old ''note book'' of that year and team and scroll through the pages so I can see what I did, tried or how it started, etc... All my meetings with players, all my exercises/practices, games, comments it's all in there. Let's say this kids comes to me saying that his time of play has been reduced, i can easily explain him with facts the reason. Why this kid is not improving,I can easily see if it's because he is not showing up to practices, etc. I even noted this year that the last 2 season, one of my goalie is always sick when big games arrives (tournament, play-offs, big game, etc.). It's also useful for the coaches that I teach/follow, I now can easily explain them with facts what's good or not...

And on top of it... Everybody that sees me working with my PB, thery are all amazed of what I do with it (Blackberry should send me a new 64Gb for loving sooo much my PB, Lollll), and I roughly do 1/3 of what I'd like to use it for... And when I discuss what I'd like to do with it, every one agrees... So I still don't understand why it is still not in the Apps.... lollll
    Last edited by steph_briere; 04-10-13 at 07:00 AM. Reason: correction
    04-10-13 06:46 AM