Hello,

This morning I did a backup of 2.0 using DM before i performed a security wipe (android player wasn't working). I reinstalled 2.0 (android player now works), then went to pull the backup from my PC using desktop manager and it says i Have software version 1.0 and i need to upgrade.

I cant do a restore because it says i have the wrong OS version and need to upgrade. My playbook shows 2.0 but DM does not. Has anyone else seen, expeirenced this issue?

Thanks for any and all help.
    02-22-12 04:37 PM
    I have the same problem, really annoyed i cant restore by backup. Os shows as version 1.0 bundle 0 in dm
    02-24-12 02:48 PM
    Just check to see if you have the latest DM on your computer. Look to see if there are any updates on it.

If you have the latest software version for the DM, then I would suggest do a couple of things-
    * restart your computer
    * reboot your PB (Hard reset= hold down the power, volume +/- keys all together for 10 seconds until the PB shuts off. Restart and try the DM).

Good luck
    02-24-12 03:11 PM
    Hi anindoc,

Thanks for the reply, tried that with no luck. Have also tried removing DM from the computer and security wiping(again) the PB, playbbok updated to os2, DM still states 1.0 bundle 0 and wont do anything, dm offer the upgrade to latest version, but it crashes.
    Thought id try security wiping the device again, but this time did not update via wifi, instead did it through DM, upgraded fine, but DM still states the device is on os1
    02-24-12 04:25 PM
    Hello,

This morning I did a backup of 2.0 using DM before i performed a security wipe (android player wasn't working). I reinstalled 2.0 (android player now works), then went to pull the backup from my PC using desktop manager and it says i Have software version 1.0 and i need to upgrade.

I cant do a restore because it says i have the wrong OS version and need to upgrade. My playbook shows 2.0 but DM does not. Has anyone else seen, expeirenced this issue?

Thanks for any and all help.
    Finally fixed this late last night. Turn your PB off, connect it to DM. DM will come up with a warning that it can't connect, you will have three option, retry,update,cancel...choose update and it will install the latest os as a clean install....took a couple of hours but now have a fully working os2 and can restore by back-up.
    Hope this works for you as well.
    02-26-12 03:00 AM
    That seems to have worked for me. The update took forever!
    03-02-12 04:54 PM
    I reverted back to the older version of DM because the newest version has a bunch of bugs including not recognizing the PB. RIM is so luck I like there products!
    03-02-12 05:00 PM
    Where can I find the older DM and does this work?
    03-14-12 02:57 PM
    The 7.xx version has been taken down so if you go to Blackberry downloads at the BB website and click on the download DM button it will download the 6.xx version (6.1.0.36 is what I have). If you follow the instructions above to load OS2 directly via USB and DM to your playbook it will solve your issue...or at least it did for me.
    03-14-12 03:10 PM
    I don't believe you can get the older DM. I would just delete the DM from your PC, and restart the PC, at which point I would do a fresh install of the DM, which will be the most current version. Then, as stated above, turn off your PB, connect to your pc, and let the connection initiate the DM manager, at which point you are presented with the 3 options...update is the option.
    03-14-12 03:10 PM
    Thanks guys. I did this, I get asked to reset the tablet by turning off and back on, then I get asked for the unlock password then a message that it tried to connect to the tablet and no updates are available? What am I doing wrong?
    03-15-12 07:44 AM
    Finally fixed this late last night. Turn your PB off, connect it to DM. DM will come up with a warning that it can't connect, you will have three option, retry,update,cancel...choose update and it will install the latest os as a clean install....took a couple of hours but now have a fully working os2 and can restore by back-up.
    Hope this works for you as well.
    THANK YOU!!!!! I was finally able to restore all of my backed up files and settings. Thank goodness for crackberry!
    06-05-12 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD