On my PB I can delete two or three emails by swishing down the top bezel area and tapping "select" and then selecting various emails I wish to delete, then tapping the "delete" box. Problem is that it will not delete more than two or three, especially if they have lots of photo attachments. The PB gives me an error message "application interrupted" and tells me to shut down email application and re-open it. I find this annoying, especially if I have accumulated dozens of email after being away on vacation (and yes, I did take the PB with me on vacation and was able to keep up with incoming messages for a time until wi-fi connection became dicey at certain motels).

So is there a better solution to deleting multiple emails? Emails with no attachments allow me to delete more than 3 emails. Do I have to allow more time for the emails to download after hitting the "trashcan" icon?
    06-13-13 12:12 AM
    I will ask for a bit more so that someone may be able to answer.

Is this Bridge Email or Native Email?

For Bridge I've deleted 20 or 30 at a time. I don't use Native.
    06-13-13 01:50 AM
    So is there a better solution to deleting multiple emails? Emails with no attachments allow me to delete more than 3 emails. Do I have to allow more time for the emails to download after hitting the "trashcan" icon?
    I indeed have to wait for a certain moment, before the PB starts to delete the emails I want to be deleted...

I use the native app...
    06-13-13 06:09 AM
    I use the native app all the time and am able to delete 10, 20+ emails when multi-selected as you do. I only encountered that error maybe twice in the two years I've had my PlayBook.

The thing I did notice, however, is you need to keep the app open until the mail is finished being deleted. Minimized is the easiest way to track, I find, as you can watch the count decrease in the upper left corner.

Hope this helps.
    06-13-13 06:46 AM
    I experience the same problem with the latest OS 2.1.0.1526 update. Quite often when doing multiple deleting of 10 + messages I get that error message and the application shuts down. I have not been able to figure out the cause.
    06-13-13 06:28 PM
    Wow, i didn't even know to do this. I just tried it and deleted 21 messages with no problems. Only one had attachments.
    06-13-13 10:29 PM
    I will ask for a bit more so that someone may be able to answer.

Is this Bridge Email or Native Email?

For Bridge I've deleted 20 or 30 at a time. I don't use Native.
    I do not have Bridge, so this is about Native email.
    06-16-13 02:45 PM
    I use the native app all the time and am able to delete 10, 20+ emails when multi-selected as you do. I only encountered that error maybe twice in the two years I've had my PlayBook.

The thing I did notice, however, is you need to keep the app open until the mail is finished being deleted. Minimized is the easiest way to track, I find, as you can watch the count decrease in the upper left corner.

Hope this helps.
    Not sure what you mean by keeping the app open. Can you clarify? Do you mean, as I wrote in the first post, to allow enough time for all the email messages to download even after you have selected "delete"?
    06-16-13 02:50 PM