Hi all,
    As Stated, I am completely new not just to the Playbook but to BlackBerry as well. I was in the process of deleting my browser history and mistakenly hit the "Bookmark" tab and deleted every installed icon. Other than going to every webpage that I remember was there and have a goofy icon there that is more like the page, does anyone know how to get the original icons back.
    Thanks.
    01-04-13 03:04 PM
    I don't know about getting back the original icons but I am currious as to how you deleted all the bookmarks at once? Or did you delete them one at a time. The browser history can be cleared by swiping down while in the browser and going to security and then clear all. You can also set private browsing on so it doesn't keep a history.

I also don't use many bookmarks as I use the send to homescreen option and have the icon on the homepage. Then I can organize my favorite sites by category and put into separate folders. Bookmarks can't be sorted or organized properly so I find this method preferable.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-04-13 03:41 PM
    I agree with Cynycl, there is probably no way to retrieve them. You could do a total system wipe and re-install the os but that would IMHO be overkill.

You must have just tapped on the trashcan icon for each of your bookmarks. You mentioned "installed icons", by which perhaps you mean that the only bookmarks you had were the ones it came installed with. Those are:
    BlackBerry, Google, bing, yahoo, youtube, amazon & eBay.

Not too hard to set those up again.

Like Cynycl said, a sweeter way to organize your bookmarks is to save them to your homescreen. On the PB, you can pretty much have as many panels on your homescreen as you want. I have 5. I put all my bookmarks on one of those panels and also can make folders to group similar bookmarks. There is no facility to "organize" your bookmarks inside the browser, but this homescreen feature actually makes it better.
    01-05-13 12:03 PM
    Yes I have just this minute deleted yahoo ebay Google by mistake
    08-22-13 02:18 PM
    I don't know about getting back the original icons but I am currious as to how you deleted all the bookmarks at once? Or did you delete them one at a time. The browser history can be cleared by swiping down while in the browser and going to security and then clear all. You can also set private browsing on so it doesn't keep a history.

I also don't use many bookmarks as I use the send to homescreen option and have the icon on the homepage. Then I can organize my favorite sites by category and put into separate folders. Bookmarks can't be sorted or organized properly so I find this method preferable.
    Wow, didn't even think of that! Good idea.
    Got only a few that I use all the time. This is going to be a convenient thing. I will assume (always a bad idea) that this only works for the native browser and not for any of the others. Correct?
    08-23-13 11:16 PM
    It's been discussed before, but the other thing that you can do is to, in effect, import all of your bookmarks from the browser on you PC. To do so, you just export the browser's (Firefox, Opera, IE, or Chrome) as an HTML file, then transfer this file to your PB, then open this file in the PB's browser, and then bookmark this file in the browser. This also works with Origami, Simple Browser, Secure Browser, Dolphin and Maxthon. When you open this bookmarked Bookmarks file, it'll look something like this-

Deleted bookmark shortcut icons by mistake - Newby so go easy!-img_20130566.jpg
    08-24-13 12:15 AM