Hi,

I have a problem with an app (Viewranger) and contacted the developer. The problem is that old config files are still on the Playbook and make the new version crash. So, the solution is that I have to manually delete the application folder in sdcard and then reinstall the application. When I try to delete the Viewranger folder (with QFile explorer or Nano), a few files are deleted but I got an access denied on the others. I've try rebooting and develeoper mode but still can't delete this folder.

Anyone as an idea on how to delete this folder ? What cause this "acces denied" error ?

Thanks!
    07-27-14 03:09 PM
    Try using Windows Explorer to delete them.
    07-27-14 04:28 PM
    Try using Windows Explorer to delete them.
    But I don't see the /sdcard folder. Maybe there's a trcik I don't know, but it doesn't seem possible to go up to the root level of the playbook. I can only see the usual usuer folders:documents, videos... No way to get up the folder hierarchy.
    07-27-14 06:01 PM
    The Misc folder in the media level is the SD Card folder. Click on Misc, then android. You should then see the Viewranger folder.
    07-27-14 06:19 PM
    Hi,

I have a problem with an app (Viewranger) and contacted the developer. The problem is that old config files are still on the Playbook and make the new version crash. So, the solution is that I have to manually delete the application folder in sdcard and then reinstall the application. When I try to delete the Viewranger folder (with QFile explorer or Nano), a few files are deleted but I got an access denied on the others. I've try rebooting and develeoper mode but still can't delete this folder.

Anyone as an idea on how to delete this folder ? What cause this "acces denied" error ?

Thanks!
    Ghost commander from app store! It's one of the best file managers around. If you are familiar with file/directory structures you can delete the files directly on your pb!

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    07-28-14 11:15 AM
    Oh and it's free!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 11:15 AM
    The Misc folder in the media level is the SD Card folder. Click on Misc, then android. You should then see the Viewranger folder.
    Thanks! It works! Strange thing however, I could delete all that was in the folder but not the folder itself. Just to be sure everything was clean with no hidden file, I renamed the folder to another name. Reinstall Viewranger and now all works fine.
    07-29-14 08:08 PM