the part that always strikes me with the playbook, and the bridge, is how the original vision was lost. I thought it was to have access to your phone's data without actually storing it on the device. My Q10 is in for a repair for the next 2 weeks, and I'm back to my old bb9900, and it has had me drag out my playbook and enjoy the benefit of the bridge while my phone is upstairs charging and I don't have to miss all my text messages and BBM's. That is what we need back really.
    I am tempted to switch to the BlackBerry Pearl (with micro-SIM card slot) in my closet just to get fully functional BlackBerry Bridge. And wouldn't a fully functional BlackBerry Bridge for BlackBerry 10 smartphones have been in keeping with Thorsten's "grand vision" of a dumb tablet wherein all data and network connectivity is provides by the smartphone?
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-13 02:30 AM
    I am tempted to switch to the BlackBerry Pearl (with micro-SIM card slot) in my closet just to get fully functional BlackBerry Bridge. And wouldn't a fully functional BlackBerry Bridge for BlackBerry 10 smartphones have been in keeping with Thorsten's "grand vision" of a dumb tablet wherein all data and network connectivity is provides by the smartphone?
    It is simple - Thor has forgotten the PB and wants the world to totally forget it, too.
    08-10-13 08:22 AM
    Thorsten and all BlackBerry pundits really made a strategic mistake... for in a competitive company all what matters is not only making money but creating a solid army of loyal customers based on credibility and fascination with the brand. Having expelled it's early born PlayBook from the family was fatal because it deteriorated such faith and fascination.... Now getting back to the PlayBook it is incredible how actual it is even now... its os and ui seems much like the bb10's... Hey Thorsten just add some enhancements and PlayBook users won't note the difference with the new system... and maybe you won't miss a last opportunity to build the army of fascinated customers that will give you the leverage your company needs....

Posted via CB10
    FF22, sad_old_man, dmlis and 3 others like this.
    08-10-13 09:06 AM
    Thorsten and all BlackBerry pundits really made a strategic mistake... for in a competitive company all what matters is not only making money but creating a solid army of loyal customers based on credibility and fascination with the brand. Having expelled it's early born PlayBook from the family was fatal because it deteriorated such faith and fascination.... Now getting back to the PlayBook it is incredible how actual it is even now... its os and ui seems much like the bb10's... Hey Thorsten just add some enhancements and PlayBook users won't note the difference with the new system... and maybe you won't miss a last opportunity to build the army of fascinated customers that will give you the leverage your company needs....

Posted via CB10
    Ear ear I agree. After two and a half years my pb steadfastly refuses to make toast! Other useful items would be nice as well;

1. Reheating pad for my coffee.
    2. Hairdryer.
    3. Cowboy hat.
    4. A glove for my left hand.
    5. A pencil sharpener.
    6. Oh and most of all please get it to make popcorn.
    08-10-13 01:12 PM
    Why would you defend someone / something that has already left you? Probably the word 'left' is too soft, they abandoned the PB. Period.

For its functionality, now you're left abandoned in 'as is' state, sluggish keyboard and browser, sub par BB10 Bridge function, with no chance to get the fix. Want fix? Move on.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Relletti like this.
    08-10-13 01:41 PM
    Why would you defend someone / something that has already left you? Probably the word 'left' is too soft, they abandoned the PB. Period.

For its functionality, now you're left abandoned in 'as is' state, sluggish keyboard and browser, sub par BB10 Bridge function, with no chance to get the fix. Want fix? Move on.

Posted via CB10
    Because we are the chosen ones! We search for the holy grail and our quest is not over yet. We are keepers of the faith, righters of wrong, guardians of the thingy........ and also......... helpers of the needy........ now could someone please reach over and pass me another bottle of bourbon?
    08-10-13 02:30 PM
    I feel so abandoned....ophaned even
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-10-13 03:02 PM
    Get a new Nexus device, you'll feel at the first class.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:45 PM
    You should be baby, you should be now pass the bottle please!
    08-10-13 03:49 PM
    I can agree with you in many of your points. I had a PB16G and when I heard that BB10 was not compatible(fully compatible) I gave it to my daughter. I used BB Bridge and the Presenter function heavily with my Bold 9900. When I realized that was going away I was heart broken. Funny thing I have yet to replace my tablet because I haven't found anything that will suit me yet. I was thinking of just getting a PB64G LTE that way I wont need the bridge, just get all emails and such direct. I will still miss my presenter. Who knows...
    08-24-13 01:12 PM
    I can agree with you in many of your points. I had a PB16G and when I heard that BB10 was not compatible(fully compatible) I gave it to my daughter. I used BB Bridge and the Presenter function heavily with my Bold 9900. When I realized that was going away I was heart broken. Funny thing I have yet to replace my tablet because I haven't found anything that will suit me yet. I was thinking of just getting a PB64G LTE that way I wont need the bridge, just get all emails and such direct. I will still miss my presenter. Who knows...
    I'm an Etonian myself but nice to meet a Merovingian just the same. Welcome.
    08-24-13 01:17 PM
    I fabricate and install Corian and other solid surface counter tops. I use my playbook every day. Pictures and more pictures, PowerPoint, PDFs. If I want someone's attention, the Playbook fits he bill. Reassurance, PlayBook, teaching, PlayBook. Win an argument, ha. Defend it, don't have to. All I got to do is let you see it
    09-05-13 09:29 PM
37 12