... Or is it a complete waste of space?? Has anyone managed to find a use for it?
    10-31-13 06:04 PM
    ... Or is it a complete waste of space?? Has anyone managed to find a use for it?
    I use it everyday and many times over. One of the useful apps beside Password Manager.
    alexwise and Banco like this.
    10-31-13 06:08 PM
    yup use it a lot as well. Is there something you find not useful about it?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:09 PM
    I use it to select the files, zip, and then NFC beam it over to another phone.
    10-31-13 06:11 PM
    Use it daily

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:29 PM
    no way you folks are talking about the playbook built in file manager because it is an utterly useless POS.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    10-31-13 06:31 PM
    It is one of my most used features on BlackBerry 10... I'm in Web development and it saves me a lot of pain in the *ss when I'm testing a mobile site I'm developing on my computer...

I also shift a lot of files between accounts... I have two music albums on my device because I listen to them outside... All the rest of my music and video files are on the computer and I check them from my device without plugging it in...

There are so many uses for this... I can't tell you in a few words all the things I do with the File Manager... You can even set it up so you'll be able to use it outside of your WIFI signal through the mobile network..!

From the Z...
    jpash549 likes this.
    10-31-13 06:38 PM
    ... Or is it a complete waste of space??
    It is.
    Not only it is, but when you have replaced it by something reasonable (there are many alternatives) it still hideously hampers otherwise-good apps whenever you'll need opening a file, flattening any attempt at hierarchizing folders.
    Go figure how to process photos when "open file…" shows you ALL images in the Playbook (this after some minutes of analysis if you have more than ten small files).

Implementing a file manager derived from Kilobits-endowed phones into devices handling up to 64 Gigabits has been essential in killing any hopes of development for the PB ecosystem.
    It's not only "the fault of others", you know. Here, it is just not knowing what you are doing.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-13 06:40 PM
    Sorry to have intruded... I, once again, did not see the location of the thread... Obviously I was talking about BlackBerry 10 File Manager..! I really should start paying attention to the small letters below the thread titles...

From the Z...
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-13 06:40 PM
    It's useful for browsing bridged files that actually show a folder structure. I have no use for it when browsing local PlayBook files - for that I have a sideloaded ES File Explorer.
    10-31-13 06:42 PM
    Sorry to have intruded... I, once again, did not see the location of the thread... Obviously I was talking about BlackBerry 10 File Manager..! I really should start paying attention to the small letters below the thread titles...

From the Z...
    I made the same mistake. My bad .

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:38 PM
    Edit

Sorry. Just realized my post was irrelevant.
    Last edited by campbecw; 11-02-13 at 12:05 AM.
    10-31-13 07:40 PM
    I made the same mistake. My bad .

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same as you.. How could you not find the File Manager useful at least for one or two purposes..? Oh.. PlayBook...

From the Z...
    10-31-13 08:16 PM
    Whoops, same mistake over here :facepalm:

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:37 PM
    I use it to select the files, zip, and then NFC beam it over to another phone.
    You're not talking about the PlayBook then either, are you...
    11-01-13 07:17 AM
    Hmm, Glad it's not just me then (once we are all talking about the same thing! )
    I can't see how anyone can find anything, once you've got more than about 20 files on the PB. No concept of folders, no ability to move or copy or rename files...I'm all for making things simple, but there IS such a thing as over-simplification.
    Personally, I like 'Ghost Commander'. A superbly designed app. Especially like the dual windows which makes copying or moving files from one place to another a breeze.
    11-01-13 07:25 AM
    Hmm, Glad it's not just me then (once we are all talking about the same thing! )
    I can't see how anyone can find anything, once you've got more than about 20 files on the PB. No concept of folders, no ability to move or copy or rename files...I'm all for making things simple, but there IS such a thing as over-simplification.
    Personally, I like 'Ghost Commander'. A superbly designed app. Especially like the dual windows which makes copying or moving files from one place to another a breeze.
    I'm with you on this one completely and not just because of your lovely blue eyes. I have both files & folders and ghost commander. I have no idea what the stock pb file manager is supposed to be used for apart from giving you another icon to play with. I keep deleting it but somehow miraculously it manages to sneak its way back onto my pb?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-01-13 08:20 AM