OK,
    I don't know when or how this happened but the default browser icon/shortcut is gone.
    I had it in two tabs 'All' and 'Favorites' and it's missing from both.
    I can get on the Internet and it's working fine but I would like to recreate the icon.
    Any ideas or suggestions?
    Thank you.
    01-12-12 02:54 PM
    I hope you are not running OS 2.0 beta!
    01-12-12 03:00 PM
    No, sorry I should added that.
    It's 1.0.8.6067
    01-12-12 03:02 PM
    Use Battery Icon, Restart.

Next, Power button held for 10-15 seconds.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    01-12-12 04:06 PM
    It didn't work for me...
    01-12-12 04:24 PM
    OK,
    I don't know when or how this happened but the default browser icon/shortcut is gone.
    I had it in two tabs 'All' and 'Favorites' and it's missing from both.
    I can get on the Internet and it's working fine but I would like to recreate the icon.
    Any ideas or suggestions?
    Thank you.
    How are you getting on the internet?
    01-12-12 04:26 PM
    I have an icon/shortcut to Yahoo mail that open the browser and from there I can go to any site.
    Everything is working fine, just the icon/shortcut is gone.
    01-12-12 04:35 PM
    I am sorry you are having this problem. I am not sure how the icon can disappear. Have you tried powering off your PB? Just hold down power button until it shuts the PB off or swipe down from the right corner and tap battery and turn off. Wait 2-5 minutes and restart.
    01-12-12 05:26 PM
    Are you on a BES? Have you looked in all of the tabs?
    01-12-12 05:29 PM
    No reset brings it back.
    Not sure of what BES is but it is gone from both tabs I had it.
    01-12-12 05:49 PM
    Do you have anything on it you don't want to lose? Back it up and do a security wipe and then you'll have to go thru the setup and update download and install again.
    01-12-12 05:51 PM
    Do you have anything on it you don't want to lose? Back it up and do a security wipe and then you'll have to go thru the setup and update download and install again.
    If he does a full backup and restore, it will just put his system back to where he is now. He can only back up media and settings, no applications, wipe, and then reinstall gradually.

Another alternative is to do an update as though the unit is bricked...I would still back up everything including apps upfront, but during the restore (if needed) restore only media and settings.

Instructions are here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB26748
    Last edited by dejanh; 01-12-12 at 06:17 PM.
    01-12-12 06:02 PM
    If he does a full backup and restore, it will just put his system back to where he is now. He can only back up media and settings, no applications.
    Good point.............I wouldn't back up settings either as they might have it gone again. Just backup the files you want to keep.
    01-12-12 06:04 PM
    OK, it's an icon/shortcut whatever RIM wants to call it.
    Backups and restores this kind of things don't seem right...
    Everybody s on Microsoft and now this is worst?
    01-12-12 06:27 PM
    You would have to go back to the factory settings. Open the Desktop manager, click update, then restart the PB. It will wipe everything and take everything back to the original settings, at least it worked for me a while back.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-12-12 08:39 PM
    Similar problem here, all of my icons on my PB randomly disappear from 'Bridge', 'Favorites', etc. There doesn't appear to be any trigger for it, and although rebooting fixes the issue temporarily, I don't accept that as a solution...hopefully it's sorted when 2.0 comes out.
    01-15-12 08:01 AM
    same case with mine, except my appworld icon is the one missing.
    01-15-12 09:15 AM
    I SEARCHED FOR WEEKS THEN FOUND THIS!!! SIMPLY AND STRAIGHT FORWARD STEPS!!!

You will need to install Blackberry Desktop Manager

"Hi,

In order to correct your device issues you will need to remove the corporate I.T Policy that is on the device. To perform a full reset just connect your device to a PC running BlackBerry Desktop Manager and from the command prompt ON YOUR COMPUTER navigate to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\", now type "Loader.exe /RESETTOFACTORY". Please not that this will fully erase your device back to factory defaults (including the I.T Policy) so take a backup first if you need to restore data.

Thanks,
    Gary"

SO ALL THANKS TO GARY!!!
    06-15-13 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD