Cant decide if I should get the playbook or another,.. Any suggestions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 10:38 PM
    :facepalm:
    renownedanonymous and kbz1960 like this.
    09-29-11 10:45 PM
    if you want one right now, ipad 2. if you can wait (indefinitely), see what os 2 is like before deciding.
    09-29-11 11:03 PM
    Cant decide if I should get the playbook or another,.. Any suggestions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You can't go wrong with an iPad 2. The best thing is that they retain their value at a much higher rate than just about any other tech out there. So when the iPad 3 comes out next year, you should be able to get 60% or more for your iPad 2, so you can upgrade easily. Any other tablet is a spin of the roulette wheel, the tech headlines show this each day.
    09-29-11 11:08 PM
    get an ipad 2.if i knew that this will happen(fire sale) i would have return it.i got mine for $599+tax since day one and im disappointed not on the playbook but on the RIM side,they are stupid and ediots.why in the **** they fucvking cut the price into half when they can just release v2.0 and make people happy and spread its goodiss.i will never buy a blackberry product again.i will wait for the iphone 5 and replace my torch and sell my PB and get android tablet.honestly the playbook is really good tablet and has potential too bad it came from RIM.
    09-29-11 11:19 PM
    Wait, what? Really dudes? Am I on the TiPb.com?

This is the most whacked forum I'm ever joined.

Anyway, yes, the iPad is a fine device. But, what do you plan on doing with your new tablet? That's the most important question. Based on what you want to do, then we can give intelligent answers. So let's start there.

And for the above posters that recommend an iPad on a BlackBerry fan site? C'mon man!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-11 11:23 PM

Anyway, yes, the iPad is a fine device. But, what do you plan on doing with your new tablet? That's the most important question. Based on what you want to do, then we can give intelligent answers. So let's start there.

And for the above posters that recommend an iPad on a BlackBerry fan site? C'mon man!
    how long you owned your playbook?thats how we feel for 6 months owning it and its half the price now.
    09-29-11 11:28 PM
    how long you owned your playbook?thats how we feel for 6 months owning it and its half the price now.
    Totally understand. Paid $499.00 for a TouchPad. Was a Palm fan since my Palm III. Someone told me (maybe on this forum) that once you buy electronics, never go back and check the price months down the road. But that's the price you pay for being an early adopter. I've had my PlayBook since Sunday. $349.00, and now BB has it for $299.00. I'm in the 14 days so they should price match.

But just because you paid full price doesn't make the tablet any different.
    09-29-11 11:34 PM
    Totally understand. Paid $499.00 for a TouchPad. Was a Palm fan since my Palm III. Someone told me (maybe on this forum) that once you buy electronics, never go back and check the price months down the road. But that's the price you pay for being an early adopter. I've had my PlayBook since Sunday. $349.00, and now BB has it for $299.00. I'm in the 14 days so they should price match.

Good advice, but Apple is a proven exception. Sorry about the Touchpad, it didn't deserve to go down like that.
    09-29-11 11:36 PM

i know.everyday i check in the appworld if theres a good apps coming but all you see is those stupidd kids books and scam maps application.trust me i love, i mean really love my playbook but i dont think is gonna mature before it will be dead.RIM is a good company but they are lost in the wild and cant get back to their nest.competition is really tuff.
    09-29-11 11:41 PM
    Good advice, but Apple is a proven exception. Sorry about the Touchpad, it didn't deserve to go down like that.
    Agree: I still reach for my iPad at times. But love the PB for portability. It has gone everywhere I have.

And that's so true about the TouchPad.
    09-29-11 11:43 PM

you're right. there's no difference in the product. there is a huge difference in marginal utility. you also didn't have to go through the fake promises, turning your playbook on first thing in the morning and and all the way till before you head to bed, day after day, hoping that the promised featured would finally be ready.

i was hoping for a full fledged android player after the leak, but look what restrictions that just placed on it. look at the price cuts (14 day window are you serious?).

i used to be a staunch defender of the pb on bgr and other sites. but i've come to realize that i have been taken for a ride by rim and up till now they have not responded to queries about what they have said previously. (although ceo did outrightly deny making any 60 day promise)

anyone can make a product with great hardware. it's all a matter of assembling parts. rim's software department is a failure and will always be. the only reason why i have no choice but to hold out for the 2.0 is because this thing has almost nonresale value. i assure you that if i saw all this coming, i would definitely have chosen an ipad over this monstrosity
    09-29-11 11:50 PM

Yeah - what the h**k is going on? And as for the OP - if you're not sure which tab you're gonna get and come to a PB forum, what sort of answers do you expect to get? Here's where one would normally insert "pro-playbook answers" of course. Instead, we get iPads recommended on a PB forum...is this nuts or what? Or maybe it's all orchestrated....whacked indeed, my friend!
    NickA and kbz1960 like this.
    09-29-11 11:51 PM
    Agree: I still reach for my iPad at times. But love the PB for portability. It has gone everywhere I have.

And that's so true about the TouchPad.
    By the way, is there anywhere to get that Touchpad still at discount? Looks like I might get 180 for my PB tommorow. Nice little swap if I can find a Touchpad.
    09-29-11 11:52 PM
    you're right. there's no difference in the product. there is a huge difference in marginal utility. you also didn't have to go through the fake promises, turning your playbook on first thing in the morning and and all the way till before you head to bed, day after day, hoping that the promised featured would finally be ready.

i was hoping for a full fledged android player after the leak, but look what restrictions that just placed on it. look at the price cuts (14 day window are you serious?).

i used to be a staunch defender of the pb on bgr and other sites. but i've come to realize that i have been taken for a ride by rim and up till now they have not responded to queries about what they have said previously. (although ceo did outrightly deny making any 60 day promise)

anyone can make a product with great hardware. it's all a matter of assembling parts. rim's software department is a failure and will always be. the only reason why i have no choice but to hold out for the 2.0 is because this thing has almost nonresale value. i assure you that if i saw all this coming, i would definitely have chosen an ipad over this monstrosity

Basically like buying a car where the salesman hyped up the amazing armrests and didn't tell you about the missing transmission and brakes...
    09-29-11 11:54 PM
    I do understand all of that. I used to have a Samsung Fascinate. On the AndroidCentral forums we would post daily of the frustrations of not getting updates. We saw other Galaxy S phones get update. Finally, after months, we got GingerBread. A lot of us jumped ship long before that though, including myself.

So I get the frustration and disappointment. I just wish posters would keep that to themselves. You can be honest and state you are overdue for an update, but that might not matter to someone else. Most consumers don't even know when or why they get updates.
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    09-29-11 11:56 PM
    By the way, is there anywhere to get that Touchpad still at discount? Looks like I might get 180 for my PB tommorow. Nice little swap if I can find a Touchpad.
    The prices on CraigsList and eBay are coming down somewhat. A lot of people were lucky enough to get one @ 99.00, and realize they didn't even know what they were getting. So they are selling them for real cheap now.

Another 200,000 are supposed to be coming in a couple weeks too. You just have to be diligent and keep checking HP's site. And of course PreCentral.net.
    09-29-11 11:59 PM
    Yeah - what the h**k is going on? And as for the OP - if you're not sure which tab you're gonna get and come to a PB forum, what sort of answers do you expect to get? Here's where one would normally insert "pro-playbook answers" of course. Instead, we get iPads recommended on a PB forum...is this nuts or what? Or maybe it's all orchestrated....whacked indeed, my friend!
    If the OP buys an iPad its one less 'Hater' in the forum. lol

OP, the forum is full of people waiting for OS 2.0. If you purchase now you'll be one of the lucky ones that don't have to wait very long, some time after Devcon, lets say 2 months.

OP, No one can give you advice until you establish what your needs are?

What do you see yourself using it for?

Is portability important to you?

Do you currently own a BlackBerry Phone? (Bridge adds ALOT of must have features to the PlayBook)

Do you currently own a Apple TV? (iPad works very well with this)

Do you currently have a library of Media locked to iTunes? (Music will work, Movies won't on the PlayBook).

What is your level of technical knowledge in converting movies? (Movies are required to be in a compatible format.)

Where do you live? US, Canada have streaming services, Internationally you won't have access to such services (Amazon Streaming Etc).

Once you answer these questions I'm pretty sure you will get a more balance and accurate advice.
    lotuslanderz, jvictor77 and NickA like this.
    09-30-11 12:02 AM
    I do understand all of that. I used to have a Samsung Fascinate. On the AndroidCentral forums we would post daily of the frustrations of not getting updates. We saw other Galaxy S phones get update. Finally, after months, we got GingerBread. A lot of us jumped ship long before that though, including myself.

So I get the frustration and disappointment. I just wish posters would keep that to themselves. You can be honest and state you are overdue for an update, but that might not matter to someone else. Most consumers don't even know when or why they get updates.
    keep the facts to myself? and allow others to get conned by rim's lack of accountability?
    i can't do that.

everything the pb can do, the ipad can - and more. whether who does what better is purely personal opinion.

to the op: get an ipad.
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    09-30-11 12:05 AM
    keep the facts to myself? and allow others to get conned by rim's lack of accountability?
    i can't do that.

everything the pb can do, the ipad can - and more. whether who does what better is purely personal opinion.

to the op: get an ipad.
    What facts? That you are bitter? You're mad RIM didn't deliver on promises? None of your posts have actually talked about the PB or it's features. Only your personal feelings towards RIM. We all don't share them, so yeah: keep it to yourself.

And I'll call you out and ask the same as I did to another poster: You said "Get an iPad". Why? Can you muster up an intelligent reason as to why the OP should? And how do you make that recommendation without knowing what the OP wants to use it for? Do you have an iPad and can talk from personal experience? And if you own an iPad, why did you purchase the PlayBook?

See, all those things can help someone decide. And oh yeah, it makes you look like someone who has a brain and can think.

Remember, you are in a PlayBook forum. You will only get support from other haters, and the members who like their PlayBook (personal feeling about RIM aside) surely outnumber the likes of you.
    mercadodon and kbz1960 like this.
    09-30-11 12:12 AM
    What facts? That you are bitter? You're mad RIM didn't deliver on promises? None of your posts have actually talked about the PB or it's features. Only your personal feelings towards RIM. We all don't share them, so yeah: keep it to yourself.

And I'll call you out and ask the same as I did to another poster: You said "Get an iPad". Why? Can you muster up an intelligent reason as to why the OP should? And how do you make that recommendation without knowing what the OP wants to use it for? Do you have an iPad and can talk from personal experience? And if you own an iPad, why did you purchase the PlayBook?

See, all those things can help someone decide. And oh yeah, it makes you look like someone who has a brain and can think.

Remember, you are in a PlayBook forum. You will only get support from other haters, and the members who like their PlayBook (personal feeling about RIM aside) surely outnumber the likes of you.
    I'm with you bro - can't believe the negativity!
    NickA likes this.
    09-30-11 12:18 AM
    Now now...you know that's not quite true. Don't even need to list the stuff!
    09-30-11 12:22 AM
    I'm not trying to play moderator here, but what don't people get about:

"That said, we have a zero tolerance policy toward individuals who come into the forums just to tear it apart. If you think the PlayBook sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. The BlackBerry PlayBook forum is dedicated to PlayBook enthusiasts - not PlayBook haters. If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forum you will be asked to leave."

Adam Zeis
    From the new sticky policy:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/

I imagine there is a grace period, but seriously start rethinking your posts people?
    Whats with the constant tab comparisons, who's best who sells best on and on...

Neither is best, its a matter of what is best for you - there is room in the market for both, all three, whatever.
    Give it a rest.

Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-30-11 at 01:05 AM.
    lotuslanderz and kbz1960 like this.
    09-30-11 01:01 AM
    If were looking at a tablet right now i would consider one of the following

iPad 2
    - most number of apps, retains its value, most stable OS

Toshiba Thrive
    - Android honeycomb, multiple ports (can use external HD)
    - rugged construction, well supported

PB
    - provided that OS2 provides what has been promised
    skyscraper04 likes this.
    09-30-11 01:10 AM
    I'm not trying to play moderator here
    I think you've missed the mark again BJ... ;-)
    09-30-11 01:37 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD